itsy

First Capital Connect Notice of intention to prosecute

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2632 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

There seems to be a lot of this about at the moment it seems and here's another.

My husband has received a notice of intention to prosecute. It states 'this letter is to inform you of our intention to take this case to the Magistrates Court and the enclosed form provides you with the opportunity to tell us what happened from your point of view'

The details of the offence states 'entering a train for the purpose of travelling without a ticket entitling travel'.

My husband was travelling from London Bridge to St Albans with a valid carnet ticket. The barriers were open at London Bridge and he forgot to write the date on the ticket. He met a friend on the train and made it to the barrier and the ticket wouldn't go through and then he realised that he had forgotten the date so he entered it. As he was doing so a revenue protection officer stopped him and cautioned him, and took the ticket from him, giving him a slip of paper.

Can anyone provide advice as to what to write in the Response from Passenger section?

The details of the offence states 'entering a train for the purpose of travelling without a ticket entitling travel'.

My husband was travelling from London Bridge to St Albans with a valid carnet ticket. The barriers were open at London Bridge and he forgot to write the date on the ticket.

The main point to be taken from this is that your husband did not have a valid ticket. The wording of the FCC letter is correct.

The carnet ticket does not entitle travel until it has been dated in ink before commencing a journey. only then does it become a valid travel ticket. Much will depend on what specific offence they actually suggest they will charge him with.

I would hope that your husband can persuade FCC to discontinue prosecution in favour of some form of administrative closure.

The most important thing is not to go in with all guns blazing when replying. Apologise for the oversight, explain that it was an inadvertent error, only spotted when the barrier rejected the ticket and that no attempt to avoid payment was intended.