Scot Call letter - store card

eliza1977
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

I am new to this site - so apologies if things sounds a bit garbled.

I have a debt with Santander for a store card that I ran into problems with.

I have been having regular letters from Santander in means of statements

then yesterday a letter saying they had passed debt on.

Today I had a letter from Scotscall limited saying that their client is disappointed I have failed to pay them.

Thefore they have been instructed to visit me at home to collect the full balance.

To resolve the need for a home visit I need to call them to pay in full or make arrangement.

I am just in a mess as things at the moment are so hard for us.

I have been reading other threads.

What do I do regarding ScotCall coming to my home, as my boyfriend doesn't even know about this debt!

I will be in huge trouble!!

Thanks in advance,

Eliza

Hi there,

I am new to this site - so apologies if things sounds a bit garbled.

I have a debt with Santander for a store card that I ran into problems with.

I have been having regular letters from Santander in means of statements then yesterday a letter saying they had passed debt on.

Today I had a letter from Scotscall limited saying that their client is disappointed I have failed to pay them. Thefore they have been instructed to visit me at home to collect the full balance. To resolve the need for a home visit I need to call them to pay in full or make arrangement.

I am just in a mess as things at the moment are so hard for us. I have been reading other threads. What do I do regarding ScotCall coming to my home, as my boyfriend doesn't even know about this debt! I will be in huge trouble!!

Thanks in advance,

Eliza

Eliza,

Firstly, don't panic because things are never as bad as they seem. Scotcall are unlikely to visit your house. It does happen, but it is actually quite rare and you should be able to stop them in their tracks with a standard letter than can be found on this forum. I will find it for you and post the link.

If you've got a debt and readily admit that, then you can pay them off at a rate that YOU can afford. Note the emphasis here. It is not down to them to tell you how much you can pay, it is up to you to decide that, so whatever you do, DO NOT fill in any income & expenditure forms that they say that they require because they are not entitled to this information.

It is also very important that you do not talk with these vermin on the telephone. If they do ring you, simply tell them "put it in writing", then put the 'phone down.

My advice to you is to talk to your boyfriend. I know it will be difficult, but things will be far worse if he finds out another way and you haven't told him. Please do this - I speak from personal experience here. It might cause some trouble to start with but it will make life a lot easier in the long run - believe me.

Regards.

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Hi

You can send Scotcall this letter

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Just amend to suit

Scotcall are acting on behalf of Santander and they have no powers to do anything to you. They are not Bailiffs.

Have you got any penalty charges on the account that you can reclaim?

Can you give us the history of the debt please...dates etc and amounts.

Hi Welcome to CAG,

Scotcall are just another debt collector

with no authority to visit you or collect

money from you, should anyone call,

just state you will not discuss any thing

with them and TELL them to leave.

Write to Scotcall and say the folowing:

To the Compliance Manager

Ref: xxxxxxxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your letter dated xxxxxxx regarding a debt for

xxxxx which you allegeg is owed by me, please note I do

not acknowledge any debt to ScotCall or any company you

may claim to represent.

Further to your threat of an agent calling at my home you

are INSTRUCTED that no such visits will be tolerated, all permissions

implied or explicit for any agent of your company to visit my property

are WITHDRAWN any attempt at any such visit will lead to your agent

being removed from the property by any necessary means.

Send recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

and was you card ever just a storecard & got upgraded t a credit card?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

thank u.

Its always been a store card - open for about ten years.

It has PPI on it which they have said I am not entitled too, even though another small Santander Card I had with them which had only about £100 on

and was only open for about 6 months, they paid straight away despite the same letter being sent.

There is lots of penanlty charges on, where I have missed payments.

The debt is for about £800 now with the charges they have put on monthly. I have not paid for about 6 months now.

If I send the letter will it deter a home visit?

I dont mind communicating in writing and offering a small amount to start to pay it off..

thanks for helping me.

You should really look to claim back the unlawful charges.

Use this spreadsheet. List the charges giving the date, a description and the amount. For the interest rate, enter the rate they were charging you on the account.

CISheet v101.xls

If you haven't got all of the statements send a Subject Access Request (SAR) to the lender to get as much information as you can. There is a template for SAR in the CAG library, the link to which is at the top of every CAG page in green.

You may find that they owe you money.

And with the PPI, what were the reasons you gave for the mis-sale and what reasons did they give for the rejection? How long ago did you put in the claim?

The PPI angle is interesting but I don't know much about this. However, there are many people on this board who do. I think you should pour yourself a glass of something nice, put your feet up and relax. The advice you get here will guide you through this and take away the stress, give you the knowledge and the strength to deal with the idiots who are hassling you and allow you to live your life in a normal way.

Have a nice weekend.

Regards

Fred

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

I claimed a few months ago - my reason being I work for the NHS so would have no use for PPI due to getting more than adequate sickness and life cover. I got it back off the small Santander card, my bank loan I had but not the account that had been open for years they say I ticked the box, but clearly by the app form I didn't it was the sales assistant.

I will do the letter and send recorded delivery tomorrow.

So if the sales assistant ticked then that is pretty much game over for them.

What did you do in the way of challenging their findings (if anything)?

Was it more than 6 months ago that you got the rejection letter?