Carcraft Warranty/Last Service evidence

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I bought a car from Carcraft 10 months ago.

It's done 31,200 miles. (Renault Megane Dynamique, 2008)

The mileage clock on this car has a countdown beneath it - which I assume is for the miles to the next service.

It's now displaying 800 miles.

I assume this is a service countdown indicator? I maybe wrong.

The Service Due light has just come on the dash.

I rang them to book it in - however because I neglected to take it in within 6 months they're talking about 'Re-Evaluating' my warranty.

Sounds like they want money to me.

The terms and conditions state that 'If you're not sure whether your car has been serviced before,

it needs to be serviced wtihin 6k miles or 6 months of purchase, whichever is sooner"

- Otherwise servicing could be done within the manufacturers guidelines.

The thing about this car is, it shows you how many miles you've done since your last service

- and at some point someone has been and 'reset' the Service Indicator

- meaning it's surely been serviced?

I can't find any service stamps in the book,

however surely if the computer has just popped on saying it needs a service,

would I be able to argue that the car was serviced within the last 6k miles

- exempting me from having it done within 6 months of purchase from Carcraft?

we have them onboard here

i have sent them a msg to pop in to this thread

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Guest Carcraft Customer Service Manager

Hello there,If you have been supplied with full service history, then you can service your vehicle within the manufacturers guidelines, however, if you do not know when the last service was carried out (unfortunately, regardless as to whether the vehicle has a service indicator, as this cannot tell you when the last service was carried out) then you must have the vehicle serviced within 6 months or 6000 miles, whichever is sooner to keep in line with the terms and conditions. Your guarantee can be revalidated by having a premium service carried out on the vehicle.Were you supplied with any service history? I understand what you say about the indicator 'informing' you, however without actual paperwork, we cannot take this as genuine service history. Kind regardsLinzi

I bought a car from Carcraft 10 months ago.

It's done 31,200 miles. (Renault Megane Dynamique, 2008)

The mileage clock on this car has a countdown beneath it - which I assume is for the miles to the next service.

It's now displaying 800 miles.

I assume this is a service countdown indicator? I maybe wrong.

The Service Due light has just come on the dash.

I rang them to book it in - however because I neglected to take it in within 6 months they're talking about 'Re-Evaluating' my warranty.

Sounds like they want money to me.

The terms and conditions state that 'If you're not sure whether your car has been serviced before,

it needs to be serviced wtihin 6k miles or 6 months of purchase, whichever is sooner"

- Otherwise servicing could be done within the manufacturers guidelines.

The thing about this car is, it shows you how many miles you've done since your last service

- and at some point someone has been and 'reset' the Service Indicator

- meaning it's surely been serviced?

I can't find any service stamps in the book,

however surely if the computer has just popped on saying it needs a service,

would I be able to argue that the car was serviced within the last 6k miles

- exempting me from having it done within 6 months of purchase from Carcraft?

One would expect a 'front line' dealer like Carcraft would themselves know when the vehicle was last serviced. Has the OP asked the selling dealer? Are their cars not serviced routinely during the PDI process?

Vehicles are not serviced prior to sale, each vehicle is different, some are supplied with full history, some partial and some without. It is clearly outlined to the customer that:If you have been provided with full and up to date service history you must ensure that you service your vehicle in accordance with the manufacturer’s requirements. If you have not been provided with a service history or, you have a service history which has been provided but is incomplete, you must ensure that you carry out a full service on your vehicle within 6000 miles or 6 months of purchase (whichever is sooner) and thereafter in accordance with manufacturer’s requirements. Please consult your local franchise dealer who will advise you on service requirements for the particular make and model of your vehicle.The PDI is there to show the vehicle is at or above MOT standard, not to service.

Hi,I don't beleive I have any stamps in the service book (surprise) - however there is a leaflet from a garage with a few boxes ticked for services carried out, one of them saying "service indicator reset"Attached within is also a shiny new battery for my keyfob.On the same leaflet, it advised that the next service is due at 26k miles.Would this count as evidence of a service?How much is a premium service?When I 1st purchased the car, I couldn't drive it away the same day so had to return to pick up the car 3 days later, then a week later I received a phone call to say that Carcraft had filled in the paperwork incorrectly and we needed to return to sign some new forms.3 trips there and back from Bolton to Rochdale.It's been an absolute nightmare from start to finish, and this is simply the icing on the top of a very grim tasting cake.I'm pretty sure when I bought the car, the salesman assured me the car had had a x point AA check, full service, valet etc.I'd hate to think that he used the word 'service' to prompt a sale.Hmm...I appologize for my tone, I'm so frustarated I'm genuinely considering simply not bothering. I can't afford to pay extra monies to have my car serviced which is why I asked for the extended warranrty.The warranty seemingly would serve more purpose if I recycled the paper it's been printed on.

Remind me to avoid Carcraft at all cost! Every time I have bought a vehicle from a reputable dealer they have serviced the vehicle first.

Check my post below - when I bought the car they told me they'd serviced the damn thing.#Vexed

So you are saying that Carcraft don't know the service history of the cars they are selling then? As I say, I would of thought it would be basic information relating to a vehicle they were taking in to retail. Surely if you are selling 'quality' used cars, you must have knowledge about their history? It should follow that in the OPs case, it would be a simple matter for the selling branch to check when the car was last serviced to back up the information stored by the car itself.

BTW, thank you for your responses so far. I'm sure other Caggers are interested.

Hi SimzterCan you provide me with your Reg and i will check all the paperwork on our system and see if there is anything i can do to assist?Thanks

Hi SamAs we sell used vehicles, some vehicles come with service history and some don't, hence we make the customer aware, they sign documents that inform them of whether the vehicle comes with such or not. If not, then to keep the vehicle within the terms and conditions of the guarantee then we inform them to have the vehicle serviced within 6k or 6 months as per the above post.ThanksLinzi

Linzi, Thank You.Any genuine help will be massively apprecaited and documented back on here.I'll inbox my reg.

Unable to Inbox, lack of posts.Hi Linzi,As reqeusted, my vehicle Reg is:MV08 SWYI beleive we've been booked in for Tuesday 17th July at Rochdale.Kind Regards

Thank you Simzter, I can't promise anything at this stage, however i will promise i will look into this for you.

Ok! i have looked into this.Simzter - you did sign the fairs fair document that stated the vehicle did not come with any service history, therefore as per the T&C's on the Drive Happy Application form, if there is no service history, then service your vehicle within 6 months and 6k miles, however you have not done this, in effect making your guarantee null and void.HOWEVER,When you purchase a Drive Happy Guarantee, you are entitled to free servicing, and you are booked into our service centre on 17th July for your free service, i have been to the service department and asked them to use this service as a 'revalidation service' therefore you have nothing extra to pay to make your guarantee valid once again, although, anything noted in the service such as general maintenence, as with any services, the cost will be down to yourself.I hope this is the outcome you were hoping for.ThanksLinzi

Can't understand why Carcraft don't simply service all vehicles and PDI them before handing over the vehicle to the customer. Why should you need to complete a form with a silly sounding name unless of course you have to pay for it to enjoy the benefits.

Ok! i have looked into this.Simzter - you did sign the fairs fair document that stated the vehicle did not come with any service history, therefore as per the T&C's on the Drive Happy Application form, if there is no service history, then service your vehicle within 6 months and 6k miles, however you have not done this, in effect making your guarantee null and void.HOWEVER,When you purchase a Drive Happy Guarantee, you are entitled to free servicing, and you are booked into our service centre on 17th July for your free service, i have been to the service department and asked them to use this service as a 'revalidation service' therefore you have nothing extra to pay to make your guarantee valid once again, although, anything noted in the service such as general maintenence, as with any services, the cost will be down to yourself.I hope this is the outcome you were hoping for.ThanksLinzi

Linzi, your concerted efforts are duly noted and genuinely appreciated.Thanks to everyone for your support, and a +1 to Carcraft :)

You're very welcome Simzter and thank you :)

Hi SamAs we sell used vehicles, some vehicles come with service history and some don't, hence we make the customer aware, they sign documents that inform them of whether the vehicle comes with such or not. If not, then to keep the vehicle within the terms and conditions of the guarantee then we inform them to have the vehicle serviced within 6k or 6 months as per the above post.ThanksLinzi

What absolute tosh.

''some vehicles come with service history and some don't,''

NO REPUTABLE DEALER OF ANY KIND (apart from CRAPCARFT it would seem) WOULD EVER TOUCH A LATE CAR WITH OVER 10k MILES WITHOUT SERVICE HISTORY.

Utter rubbish!!

I've sold 5000 cars before I retired, the service book was the most important bit of the car.

I know

Crapcarft know it.

EXCEPT THEY WONT ADMIT IT.

Unbelievable and utter tosh. Never heard such waffle in all my life.

Buy from them @ your peril.

Have to admit Oddjob the content of the reply did make me raise a Roger Moore eybrow and whince however it seems Linzi has sorted it out to their customers satisfaction so one has to say well done.

What is interesting though is that Car craft seem to think this will correct the service history from a manufacuers perspective. As one in the know...........I think NOT.

It's a typical way of bucketshop large used car dealers finding a way out of a current situation which will come back and bite a few years down the line when their legal obligation expires and something goes wrong with the car. They are in the clear but when the owner approaches the manufactuer for help they say well no actually as the car has not been srviced like we said it should.

Many years ago I attended an interview with same said company and after what I saw I decided no as in my personal opinion they traded in unethical ways with out due care and diligence in relation to the product they bought in from fleet and auction houses. I was then expected to turn that into a profit. Was quite shocked at how they did it so walked away.