style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3209 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I'm just looking for some information / assistance

I bought a bed from BfB in May, when it was delivered the bed was damaged, but not obvious from the packaging. This was then replaced, with another one which was also damaged.

During this period a number of the slats split, they are very poor quality.

At this point I tried to cancel the bed, but they asked for one more try and said they would get a bed delivered to the store to be fully checked prior to me collecting it. After a week on silence I went to the store (who were very helpful) to be told that nothing had been done by customer services and we were no further forward.

At this point I asked for a full refund and asked how I arrange for compensation for the travelling to and from the store, time off work to accept delivery, the building of 2 beds and the £10 of calls to the head office call centre. I was told that they would cancel the bed then sort out the compensation.

By they 12th June the bed was finally collected and I had to return to the store again to arrange the cancellation and return of monies.

After trying to get customer services to contact me about my complaint, I emailed customer services on 22nd June and got the automated, "we will get back to you within 2 days" reply. By the 4th July I was fed up waiting and emailed again, getting the same autoresponder.

Fed up again I called them today (6th July) to be told that since the bed was returned, the contract was cancelled and they were under no obligation to give any compensation for out of pocket expenses, and even although they had my emails on file I don't think they had planned to contact me.

I've asked to be contacted by his line manager, but in the mean time; have I basically been scr$$wed over by cancelling the contract. Is this how BfB get away with supplying rubbish quality and not having to pay any compensation?

Thanks

Hi craig

Welcome to CAG

There is a Bensons for Beds Rep on this site who can look into the matter for you:-

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/member.php?344491-bensonsforbeds

they should pick your thread up.

Please let us know how your problem has been resolved, it could help fellow Caggers.

• Haha 1