Ongoing Vodafone Issue

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4300 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My issue started a month and a half ago when one day I turned my phone on and it turns itself off again immediately. Have had this problem ever since then.

I had one repair job and received the handset back with a letter telling me there was nothing wrong with it. I turned it on and it turned off.

Contacted Vodafone and after a few moans and groans, they agreed to replace the handset. I booked time off work and waited for the courier who was very helpful as he gave me more instructions than Vodafone customer services did about the exchange. I thought this would resolve my issue, but no....same problem.

Contacted them again and after a few 'sometimes heated' exchanges with various members of their team, they agreed to exchange it again. This time I thought it was all over...........again, booked time off and exchanged with courier. Inserted sim and turned handset on....turned itself off yet again!!

I have suggested to Voda that it could be the sim or the battery that is faulty, but they keep telling me no, it can't be. They only want the handset without battery, sims or covers. I seem to be collecting these covers lol.

In this time I have been paying Voda £35 a month and am not receiving any kind of service. Have also had to go out and buy a cheap Nokia handset and this has not failed me once.

Have emailed them again three days ago, but have not received a response as of yet....feels like there staff are inadequately trained for the job they are doing.

I'm lost on what I should do next....

Gareth

Hi

There is a Vodafone rep on this site. Use this method to get Lee on board and he may be able to help you.

Hi CAG members,

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] ne.co.uk quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line to ensure that it reaches the Web Relations Team.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

You will receive a reference number back so just post that here and Lee will be able to track it all for you

• Haha 1

Vodaphone are obviously experts in their field and have access to the manufacturers and their support teams.

There is no doubt that they COULD have sorted this in this time. The fact that they haven't is probably because they look at each call in isolation, rather than looking at all of the issues together.

The sim working in another phone might not rule that out of the equation, but having had a similar problem with a different phone that was resolved by a new battery, I know where I would be putting my money

Hi Gareth,

It's disappointing to read about your dissatisfaction with the level of service you've recently received but thanks for raising this with me.

In order for me to get this looked into further could you get back to me with the details I need to locate your account with us?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

In a nutshell, the battery is cream crackered!

Same thing happened to me. It was also sent off for repair and cone back after being 'fixed' with exactly the same problem!

It never rains but it pours...

Hi Lee. Can you be a bit more specific on the details you require? I don't want to really post many personal details on a public forum.

I have recently contacted HTC and they told me on their first reply that the battery is faulty....I'm on about 29+ emails with Vodafone and they still won't acknowledge that the battery is faulty. At first HTC said they were going to send me a new battery, but have since said they they can't as the handset is out of warranty. I only received this handset on 01/07/2012 from Vodafone.

HTC said the warranty on the phone that Vodafone sent me started on 19/10/2010...so the handset is nearly two years old!

They've asked for photos of the handset showing IMEI and a copy of despatch notes and test certificates for the handsets I have received, so hopefully something comes from this.

I first contacted Vodafone in May about this. I love getting home from work each day and having this to worry about.......and just to rub it in my face I received another bill from them yesterday. :sad:

Edited by gareth453

Hi Gareth,

Apologies for the confusion, I wouldn't endorse anyone posting personal information in public.

As per my email from Monday could you email me again via the Contact us form here, again quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line together with answering the verification questions asked once you've selected the Pay monthly customer option?

Once I can trace your account I'll then be able to review your case further and will get back to you as soon as possible.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

It sounds as though vodaphone might have replaced your new phone with a recon unit just because the battery is ******!!!

I must admit I would not be very happy with that

Time for voda to replace the lot with a brand new shrink-wrapped phone & battery by the sounds of things!!

I think probably 10 out of the 30+ email replies I have received from Vodafone over the last 6 weeks have been to offer me early upgrade, not to help resolve my issue. They must all be competing for commission - they won't take no for an answer!! The customer service reps make me so angry - they don't listen to a word you are saying. I quite liked the phone I had and want that fixing first, before even contemplating an upgrade. Do they keep offering me an upgrade, because they can't fix the problem? Honestly this whole saga has made me think about my contract and maybe moving to another provider when it ends in October.

I have filled in the form for you Lee and thanks for getting back to me about this.

Edited by gareth453

How long have you had the phone? I must admit that I had the impression that it was quite new.

If that's not the case, you can probably get a new battery quite cheaply ... they do wear out, like brakes on a car

Vodafone have agreed to terminate my contract without any fees. Result!

This came from customer services. Thank you for the few replies you sent Lee, but didn't hear anything from you after I filled out your form thing on 11/07.

To be honest I've had six years of good service ruined by two months of absolutely abysmal service. Will be glad to see the back of them. :-)

Hi Gareth,

Apologies for the delay with getting back to you here.

As I wasn't in the office during either Thursday or Friday this is the first opportunity I've had to follow up on this.

Having checked our emails I'm afraid I've been unable to locate yours from 11/07.

However, whilst it's a shame to see that you'll be leaving us it's good that the solution has been reached and that matters are now concluded.

Kind regards,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK