Help with Debt Managers Ltd - Arrow- Shop Direct (Carval)

gust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4065 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

what im getting at is... if somehow they didnt close the account and say that the default was in order as they only closed the account in 2008? would that make it ok?

I cant remember that far back!! but i know last payment was 2005 due to scanning my bank statements.

Littlewoods refuse to help me further and keep palming me off to their DCA monkeyline which isnt helping me at all to find out why this alleged debt is so high or if fraud has been done to my name on wrong address.

I guess SAR will have to be done - just cant afford a tenner this month!!! lol

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It must be remembered that the timescale set out is in technical GUIDANCE it is not statute.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

cheers brig -

i was meaning if i last paid in 2005 and i DID owe money why wasnt it defaulted then?

As said it may well have been overlooked I see quite a few accounts with similar problems.

I sent DML stat B letter and they have responded.

they say the work in "good faith" under instruction of client arrow. they have passed my stuff on and will get back to me. and acc is now on HOLD....

updating - complaint letter sorted to send to OC. will send tuesday. Disputing amounts and default entries

thanks Brig

Customer Excellence

Sandringham House

Sandringham Avenue

Chelmsford

CM92 1LQ

best address?? addressed to compliance manager though... ty

• 1 month later...

hi guys update on my debt letter , i had a message on my landline answer phone so i 1471 the number, here is the number so you get through direct 01709537294 ;) so you don't have to get throught to the 0843 nunber :) i used my dictaphone to record the phone call when i rang to find out what the so called debt is for they said it was for kays, isad i never used kays to my knowledge to which they said they will send me the details of the debt but i still havn't had it, i told them i will ring kays which i did and kays have no record of the debt,

You would be better staying off the phone and keeping this all in writting,

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Update. Littlewoods ignored my letter... So how can i prove what i owe or not. Debt managers wrote to me though saying they have passed my file back to arrow and all has gone quiet for now. I still want this sorted, wrong default etc. Should i write to littlewoods again? Since they ignored me last time?

OK gust,

The Following goes to the Data Controller

at Littlewoods by recorded delivery, marked Private & Confidential.

Ref: as on their letters.

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to recent correspondence redarding a debt fo £xxx which is allegedly owed by me, take note I do not acknowledge any debt to Littlewoods.

As previously stated this matter is statute barred and I will not now or on the future make any payment or offer of payment regarding the alleged debt.

I have researched this matter and have found that the last transaction in regard to this alleged debt was in xx xx xxxx.

I require you to acknowledge this letter with in 5 working days from the date hereon and to inform Debt Managers Ltd., of the status of the alleged debt.

Failure to carry out these instructions will result in a complaint to the OFT and a report to the Financial Ombudsman Service without further notice.

• 3 weeks later...

thanks brig

i have had a letter from shop direct/littlewoods - they replied to my complaint - they said they will have a final decision on 26th which has now elapsed. I acknowledged the account number was mine but the debt and default are wrong.

debt managers have closed their file and send back to arrow. and told me they will be in touch - and have heard nothing!

so what now? shall i send Brigs letter still?

thanks

• 3 weeks later...

shop direct have written final letter for my complaint

they now say £70 was outstanding back in 2005 - so the rest making it nearly £500 was interest and late fees

they have in light of my situation decided to refund me the balance making it ZERO - which is good - but they did not mention correcting the default that was put on my file some 3 years late.

time for another letter?

Formal complaint to the data controller, re the late placement of the default the ICO considers that this is unfair.

just checked noddle and the default appears to be gone already :)

I can check for sure in 5 days. Hoping this is the end of this one...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...