Help with Debt Managers Ltd - Arrow- Shop Direct (Carval)

gust
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4086 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

letter from DML threatening doorstep agent visit. I have a letter to stop that BUT they are saying account due to Arrow- Shop Direct (Carval) and I have no idea who on earth they are!!

Best way to deal with this one? and any one know who Arrow - shop direct (carval) are??

thanks!

If i help feel free to click star on my post. cheers

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Send them the letter and ignore until something of substance comes through your letter box. If the muppets do turn up, tell them to sod off, and call the police if they dont. Do NOT get into a conversation with them.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

ok i merged 2 letters and sent this

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have never heard of xxxxxxx or knowledge of any such debt being owed to them.

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

Please also be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

that do? :)

hi guys and gals :) i received a letter this morn, so i rang to find out abit more as to were/when/with whome i was ment to have built up this so called debt ? there was no answer so i left my mobile numb for them to contact me :evil: so i'm just waiting now to see if they call me and when they do i will tell them to go forth and multiply ;) and if they turn up at my door i will seek action against them ;):):sad::sad: do i just sit and wait or should i cut and paste gust letter and send email to them ??

You should NEVER call a DCA, unless you are able to record your calls, you will most likely need to change your mobile number, and if you didn't withhold your landline number expect hundreds of harassing phonecalls.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Cut paste amend letter, it says it all really. Do not sign it and send recorded and staple to a copy letter and keep safe. If they call just say in writing as they usually very pushy on the phone.

You should NEVER call a DCA, unless you are able to record your calls, you will most likely need to change your mobile number, and if you didn't withhold your landline number expect hundreds of harassing phonecalls.
i called them on landline but that is ex directory ;) as for mobile i just hang up on them ;):) i have had same sort of letters in the past but they where genuine as i sorted the debt with the company in question at the time ;) i just rang and said i wasn't going to pay the debt colletctor and told the company that i have offered in past a payment that i could manage and if they wanted to take me to court to go ahead as i have proof i offered said payments ;) all was sorted there and then :) :) all i'll do is wait for them to call me if they do i'll tell them to get stuffed ;):)...there's one good thing in my arsenil and that is i have a friend that is a pc in the fraud squad ;):)

i called them on landline but that is ex directory ;) as for mobile i just hang up on them ;):) i have had same sort of letters in the past but they where genuine as i sorted the debt with the company in question at the time ;) i just rang and said i wasn't going to pay the debt colletctor and told the company that i have offered in past a payment that i could manage and if they wanted to take me to court to go ahead as i have proof i offered said payments ;) all was sorted there and then :) :) all i'll do is wait for them to call me if they do i'll tell them to get stuffed ;):)...there's one good thing in my arsenil and that is i have a friend that is a pc in the fraud squad ;):)

The reason we say not to call, isnt so they cant get your number, but the fact that they will say and agree to anything, just to get you off the phone. Then when you try and chase them later, they will just say they had no idea what you are talking about, or that someone unauthorised took your call.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Plus being ex directory doesn't withhold your number but it sounds like your doing ok.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Actually, BT can withhold your number on ex directory listings if you ask them. Im not sure if you have to pay extra, but they do it.

Actually, BT can withhold your number on ex directory listings if you ask them. Im not sure if you have to pay extra, but they do it.

Yes they do, I have them withhold my CLI number and if I want to 'release' it I have to dial 1470 prior to the number, just it's a common misconception that being ex directory automatically withholds your number, it doesn't, as you say you have to ask them to do it.

some companies have number compression features - so they can see witheld numbers - i worked for vodafone before and got loads of prank callers thinking they were funny until they realised you just told them their name! and they are then like oh ****. I wonder if other companies can have this feature too and see witheld numbers.

Cheers all and nohope i will see what they say when they write back.

Just a side question - looking at my credit file with experian and there is quite a few spelling errors on my linked addresses which i need to amend. Would this be as fussy as some post codes WITH spaces between like xx3 4XX and ones with no spaces like xx34xx? just wondered. thanks

Hi There,I recieved exactly the same letter recently and i will be using your template to reply, i have a couple of queries, firstly do i send a £1 postal order aswell? and also, i recieved a letter from Wescot regarding the same 'debt', i sent them a letter asking to provide me with details on the debt and they sent me a letter back stating they have recieved instructions for there client to withdraw the account and therfore i should recieve no further contact from Wescot in relation to this matter. they also sent my postal order back.Should i send a copy of this letter to Debt Managers Ltd aswell?Many thanks in advance.....

ok i merged 2 letters and sent this

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself.

I would point out that I have never heard of xxxxxxx or knowledge of any such debt being owed to them.

I am familiar with the CPUTR 2008 and the Office of Fair Trading's Guidance on debt collection, which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. AND in not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the debt in question.

I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to Trading Standards and also inform the Office Of Fair Trading of your actions.

Please also be advised that I will only communicate with you in writing. I have noted your repeated attempts to contact me by telephone over the past few weeks and these have been duly logged by time and date.

Furthermore, should it be your intention to arrange a “doorstep call”, please be advised that under OFT rules, you can only visit me at my home if you make an appointment and I have no wish to make such an appointment with you.

There is only an implied license under English Common Law for people to be able to visit me on my property without express permission; the postman and people asking for directions etc (Armstrong v Sheppard & Short Ltd [1959] 2 QB 384. per Lord Evershed M.R.). Therefore take note that I revoke license under Common Law for you, or your representatives to visit me at my property and, if you do so, you will be liable to damages for a tort of trespass and action will be taken, including but not limited to, police attendance.

Yours faithfully

that do? :)

Please start your own thread as hijacking others your posts will go missed.

If you have no idea of the debt then sending them a postal order will be fruitless.

Check your credit files.

letter back from them, littlewoods extra

they have asked me to clarify a previous address and house number and they said once i do that they will sort out accordingly.

They should be proving the debt is mine? not me tell them where i've lived?

Loolabelle - you dont need to send a postal order with this letter - only a CCA request letter should you need to send one.

thanks for the help...

Dont give them ANY information. They havent proven you owe any debt but still contacted you regardless. You MUST file a full complaint to the OFT.

Thanks

Equifax shows no default for this BUT i have just joined callcredit and there is a default for this! :( from 2008

in fact i have discovered more defaults i didnt know about as they aint on equifax. :(

So what Is the basis of my complaint to OFT? like you say not proven its my debt and been contacting me? Do i do this online? or would i need to write to them

Thanks

Youve asked them to prove it but they havent yet. You have a default maybe. But they still need to prove it. They dont need your address because theyre already in contact with you. Theyll just use "security questions" clauses which you should ignore.

Thanks

the default was placed by arrow - even though i didnt even know who they are. I am now informed by letter from DMC its for littlewoods. I do not recognise the amount or even remember if i had a catalogue with them!

SO today i find out i have a default for this - and i had no notice whatsoever from arrow. What do about this then? thanks. doesnt seem right to me

That means arrow global own the debt. THey are a debt collection/debt purchasing company. They are well known for buying bad debt/unenforceable debt and harassing people to the point where they feel they have no choice but to pay it.

What was the date of default on it? I'd also wager that its full of unfair charges, and thats what arrow or whatever DCA has it, is trying to get out of you.