owed over £1000 and no payment.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4301 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Wondering if anyone can help me, I worked for a company called Ultrasound Weight Loss, and they text me last month to say that I was being made redundant on what was supposed to be my payday. The manager then gave me a date for payment, which would the 1st of July. On the day before this I recieved a letter saying that the company had ceased trading and all payments were suspended. I have no indiciation of whether I'm not I'm going to get the money I'm owed, and have no idea how to go about retrieving it as I'm only 19. The family owning the company are known , I worked 12 hour days without breaks, I never recieved a pay slip while I was in their employ and the working conditions were horrendous. Please can someone give me some advice on how to get my money back, I am owed £1210 for a month's worth of work and it seems no one is willing to help me get it?

Edited by caro
removing potentially libellous comment.

being made redundant on your payday, that smells for a start and they cant do that, you should have had a notice of redundancy and consultation period before being made redundant so that is an employment tribunal claim for unlawful deduction of wages

how long have you worked for this company and HOW were you paid previous salary

Hello and welcome to CAG. I'm sorry to hear about your problems.

What do you know about the company going bust please? Does this letter mention an 'administrator'? That's a person like an accountant who is appointed to wind up a company's affairs.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

no there was no administrator mentioned. I know nothing of the company going bust, the therapists that worked there are not informed of anything :(

I only worked for them for two months and the previous month they paid me late and that was after me nagging and nagging them to pay me, as I know therapists from other clinics walked out due to non payment.

Ultrasound Weight Loss Ltd Director was Mr Antony Nickols who left the board on 4/7/2012 co reg number 07826732, co is still trading on paper and there is no application to strike off at the moment, however the credit rating is poor and there are no current directors, trading address is 65 birmingham road coventry, registered address is 43 temple row Birmingham.

Ultrasound weight Loss and Beauty is also registered and trading at 7 Teal Court Basildon, Director is Ms Elana Zegmott, credit rating is creditworthy.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Did the letter you had saying they had ceased trading give any details of what you should do if you are owed money? If they'd gone into liquidation you should be able to contact receivers as you are a creditor.

Did they send you a P45? If not you will need one.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

No they gave no information at all :/ I found it very odd but like I said I'm only 19 and this was my first job so I'm not sure what's legal and what isn't. No they didn't send a p45

Wondering what the next steps will now be, they said they would contact me within 14 days in regards to whether I was being paid or not and haven't been contacted or informed of anything and the 14 days are up?

When you are dealing with them, do it in writing or tape calls, Any other way is likely to be denied later.

Do you know if after your "redundancy" if they took on someone else to do the same job?

I think your best bet would probably be to visit a local CAB, mainly because they are likely to have knowledge of previous issues with the company.

Keep posting here too though - as using two resources is likely to get you a better result that just one.

I would write to them and tell them that you require your final payment and P45. If you don't get it, write again and give them another 7 days or you will be forced to take out a court claim against them.

This isn't as scary as it sounds, and if you're unemployed and on benefits you are likely to be exempt from paying court fees.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Okay thank you very much for the help, I will be writing to them shortly.

I don't believe they've taken any one else on but I think they have re-opened in another name and are just letting this company die out.