• Tweets

• 4 th time we've merged your threads  for complete history of your story please keeps to one thread
    • @dx100uk @ anyone else interested in Fighting HSBC UK  Staff/department non compliance and incompetence/interference in between HSBC UK and customers.   I wanted to know what you guys had to say about the reply i got from HSBC UK today.    Recap. I originally turned to HSBC UK to be reunited with Money i saved in accounts that where frozen and made dormant during the year 1995.   HSBC UK Teams tell me that HSBC UK only allows them to have access to account records dated back 6 years. there for they do not have the records, can not locate the records i requested for in my SAR. there for HSBC UK teams Ignored my SAR application for records of accounts made frozen and dormant during the year 1995. HSBC then claim if the accounts where closed they will no longer hold records of these accounts and tell that to the ICO. I again explained to HSBC UK and the ICO the records of accounts where left frozen and dormant.   HSBC UK teams continue to tell me over the phone that The records i requested for in my SAR, will not be located or do not exist because HSBC only allows them to have access to records of accounts dated back 6 years.    I returned to HSBC highlighting there is no such provision in the Data Protection Act.   HSBC UK teams today totally ignored my complaint again and confirmed with me they are classing my complaint as wanting to locate accounts that where closed.   Let me know what you think about the  HSBC UK teams response to my last complaint. Is there any other letters i can send them to confirm thay are not correct about what they have done.    The HSBC UK letter starts of by:You've been unable to recover funds you held in HSBC UK Accounts that were closed in 1994 to 1995, and to obtain the account details for the accounts concerned. You've been advised that we only retain records for up to 6 years, but you've been unable to locate any provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA). You require a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned. You feel your Subject Access Request (SAR) has been ignored by HSBC UK.   HSBC UK Teams now go on to explain: In respect of you being advised we only retain records for up to 6 years, but having been unable to locate any  provision for this within the Data Protection Act (DPA), I can confirm that under the DPA, we are obliged to only keep records for as long as we deem necessary, in order to effectively manage our data. So, for most cases, this will be for no more than 6 years.   In regards to your request for a Certificate of Destruction from HSBC UK to evidence the destruction of the data concerned, I regret that this isn't something that we can provide, as we don't keep records of when individual customer data was destroyed. I'd also like to clarify that if the accounts concerned were closed after becoming dormant, that we would have sent you closing statements at the time.   Lastly, I'm sorry you feel we've ignored your SAR. I want to assure you that we'll always look to accommodate a request for a SAR as best as we can. However, if we're unable to locate the account details and information required, this will mean we're unable to fulfil the request, which has unfortunately been the case on this occasion.   How else do you think i can highlight to HSBC that the teams dealing with My complaint, and request to be reunited with my money is not going to departments that can deal with my demand for services.?  
    • Hi   I have to agree if you have paid off the debt owed to them via this meter and are up to date on your bills  I would look at changing supplier and as said asking new supplier to install a standard meter and look for the best deals for you.
    • I have severe anxiety and going to leave my job and have been invited to a meeting but dont wish to attend that is three hours away from where I am. Can I legally give the  permission to decide without my being there? I cannot handle going as I know I'm going to be fired anyway as on my final warning. I'm also giving in my notice this week too! This job is just too much for me now and I cannot work here any longer. It's no good for my health and sanity  I am sick to my stomach thinking about going and about to hand my notice in anyway    
    • Thankyou it’s because I’m awaiting the outcome and a friend said I will be turned down as I asked them a while back if I had ppi on the account and how much it was and they replied.  But they did only send me a short confirmation with the amount and that they trust that answers my enquiry. i just wanted to be prepared if they wouldn’t turn me down based on that. Thanks for your advice on that mate 
  • Our picks

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2617 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Update on my claims

After fending off the standard letters from Natwest with your last advice I have recently been sent specific reference numbers which are now logged in their system.

Also I have just received statements from Barclaycard following SAR and as expected they only date back to November 2006. The visa card was obtained in April 1995 and PPI cancelled January 2010 which makes a total of 177 months paying varying amounts of PPI. From the statements I can see that from November 2006 to January 2010 (38 months) I paid over £1200 in PPI. Any advice on my next move?

Thank you

fill out the soc

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Wow. There are some EXTREMELY helpful and clever folks on here. I hope Paraman has success in his claim and have a feeling that the maths provided by ims21 will come in very handy for my claim (3 loans which were refinanced with PPI on top of PPI on top of PPI, etc.)

All the best.

SUCCESS

Just received a letter from RBS who have made offers on each of the payment protection policies I have had since 1998. I should say they are a gesture of goodwill without any admission of liability. The total sum is £13,972 which is just £75 short of the spreadsheet calculations.

I must say a big thank you to members of this forum and particularly ims21 for so much help. It goes without saying that a donation will be made once I have sent off the acceptance forms and received the settlement.

I must also say that I think it helped that I had most of the information for the accounts to hand (it pays to be a hoarder) and was able to quote account numbers and dates accurately.

Thank you all and next stop Barclays.

Whoo Hooo....Well done you :whoo:

Congratulations.

Let us know when you actually get the money and we can update your thread title to reflect your success.

£14k is not to be sniffed at....what time are we meeting at the pub? :lol:

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

now that is a great result

The Consumer Action Group needs help to cover itsexpenses.

You could help by making a money contribution to http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/paypal.php?go=donate

dx

PLEASE DONT HIT QUOTE IF THE LAST POST IS THE ONE YOU ARE REPLYING TOO.

MAKES A THREAD TWICE AS LONG TO SCROLL THROUGH!

please do not post jpg images directly to a topic..USE PDF ....READ UPLOAD.

WE CAN'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD - I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

Reclaim mis-sold PPI Read Here

Reclaim Bank Account, Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

The CAG Interest Tutorial Read Here

spreadsheets 

Thanks and yes donation will be forthcoming and drinks all round if you happen to be in the Maidstone area,

Congratulations Paraman - great news! Would you mind sharing your covering letter (which I presume included your justification) and the section from the questionnaires that is titled "please indicate why you now consider the PPI to have been misssold"? It would be extremely useful to see examples of successful justifications - sometimes it's not obvious that PPI was actually missold so your experience may well help others with their claims.

Hi mad_dr

In my case the PPI involved 3 consecutive bank loans (with PPI) and a fourth without PPI, dating back to 1998.

I believe I was successful for the following reasons

1 -The incredible help from this forum

2 -I was able to lay my hands on the required documents and dates (without SAR)

3 -I have been self employed for 30 years, therefore PPI was worthless .

This is my covering letter (names removed) Hope this helps

Your Address

Address of Bank

Dear Sir/Madam,

Re: Personal loan protector policies - (policy Numbers here)

I was sold the above consecutive policies from (date) to (date in connection with personal loans from your bank

I believe that I was mis-sold these policies for the reasons given below, and wish you to investigate my complaints according to your normal complaint procedures.

I was led to believe that my application would be rejected if I did not take out the insurance.

The policy exclusions were not explained to me either before or at the time I took out the insurance. I was therefore unable to make an informed decision as to whether this insurance was appropriate for me.

I now believe the insurance was unsuitable for me as I was self employed at the time I took out the policy and was not made aware of the specific exclusions relating to unemployment cover.

It was not explained to me that the policy premium would be paid upfront as a single premium and would be added to my debt and attract interest.

If my complaint is upheld I require a refund of all premiums paid to the policy, plus any additional interest charged to me because of the PLP. I would also like to claim statutory compensation in view of the fact that I have been deprived of the use of this money.

Please now investigate my complaint within the eight weeks allowed to you and find attached the following documents

Copies of Loan agreements

Financial Ombudsman Service consumer questionnaires for each policy

Loan analysis spreadsheets for each loan

PPI redress calculations under FOS rules for single premium policies

Yours faithfully

(your name)