BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2836 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Am I right in saying that even if you are employed with only a "verbal contract" the employer must issue a "Statement of Employment Particulars" after a period of 2 months ?

A 'contract of employment' isn't really a piece of paper - it's how the relationship between an employer and employee is defined. The Employment Rights Act 1996 makes provision for the terms and conditions of employment to be given within two months but that's not the contract.

the employees handbook contains "express tems" such as pay, holiday,sick,redundancy

then we have "implied terms"

All employees, regardless of the number of hours they work per week, are entitled to receive a written statement from their employer within two months of starting work. The statement should describe the main terms of the contract of employment.

Am I right in saying that even if you are employed with only a "verbal contract" the employer must issue a "Statement of Employment Particulars" after a period of 2 months ?

Hi Deejay,

Have to agree with Squaddie's advice. The right after 2 months is to a written statement of particulars but of course this will not represent the entirety of the contractual agreement between employee and employer.

Job Offer, offer letter, employee handbook, verbal statements in interview and of course implied terms can all also form part of the 'contract'.

Have you worked for 2 months and not received anything in writing?

Che

...................................................................... [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Please post on a thread before sending a PM. My opinion's are not expressed as agent or representative of The Consumer Action Group. Always seek professional advice from a qualified legal adviser before acting. If I have helped you please feel free to click on the black star.[/FONT] [FONT=Comic Sans MS] I am sorry that work means I don't get into the Employment Forum as often as I would like these days, but nonetheless I'll try to pop in when I can.[/FONT] [FONT=Arial Black][FONT=Comic Sans MS][COLOR=Red]'Venceremos' :wink:[/COLOR][/FONT][/FONT]