Nuffield 1 month written notice!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I joined Nuffield in Feb on a 3 month contact. I tried phoning mid may to speak to someone about canceling but no one phoned back after 3 attempts, mid June I spoke to someone who said I should email and gave me an address.

I emailed but no one replied so I cancelled the direct debit.

They are now saying I owe them 1 full months money and they are going to pass it onto a debt collection agency.

Firstly, can any of this end up on my credit report? I've worked hard to clear it up over the last few years and would hate for this to be recorded against me anywhere.

Secondly, when I started I specifically said I wanted to only join for 3 months and also wanted to use the swimming pool but for the whole of April it was out of use and they didn't say when I joined up so I think it is particularly unfair, is there anything I can do about it?

Thanks for any advice,

Armeenw

Gyms make a lot of their money from people who take out memberships and then don't want to carry on.

We have so many complaints about gyms that it is clear that there is a structural problem.

On of the big complaints is that people don't seem to have had the terms of their membership correctly explained and also that they find difficilty cancelling.

It would be helpful if you can get the terms and conditions which you signed in order to see if you have given permission for your data to be shared with third parties.

Did you cancel your DD without explanation? That is not normally a good idea.

Can you post up the email that you sent.

If the contract was for threee months then if you have done the three months, you are at liberty to cancel. I suppose that they then want 1 months notice and that is what the dispute is about.

Certailny if an important feature such as the pool is out of action for a whole month, this oculd be grounds for cancellation - as long as you have given them some warning. 7 days would be enough, in my view.

You have to be careful about gyms. They can blight your credit file and they seem to be prepared to spend more energy on fighting cancellations than on providing a good service so that people want to stay

Thanks for the help, I was getting all the info but they phoned me today to apologise and cancelled it.

I think I'll buy a lotto ticket tonight!

Armeen

Hi Armeen,

Glad this was resolved for you.

If something like this happens again, before cancelling the agreement and DD mandate, it is always best to put your views to the company in writing, so you don't have to rely on phone calls. The other side can always deny that you ever called them.

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)