travisb
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Advantis are debt collection and tracing company, you are right to ignore them until you get something in writing.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Another small update.

Never heard back from Arrow Global's solicitors.

I've had a look at my credit file though and AG have posted a default running from feb this year (2014).

Are they allowed to do that with an alleged debt which is now statute barred?

A debt will still appear statute barred or not IF the default has not expired and will be removed on the 6th anniversary of the default date.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Another small update.

Never heard back from Arrow Global's solicitors.

I've had a look at my credit file though and AG have posted a default running from feb this year (2014).

Are they allowed to do that with an alleged debt which is now statute barred?

Do you mean the start date of the default is February? If so, there may be trouble ahead if they have recorded a NEW default.

If they are reporting an existing default which was correctly registered within around six months of the actual cause of action, then as Brig says you’ll just have to wait for it to drop off.

Having had another look at it the start date is recorded as Sept 2009.

If I remember correctly last payment was made to the account in March 2009 and the first red blob was placed on it in April 2009.

Am I right in thinking that it's now Statute barred?

Unless you're in Scotland no not S B until April 2015. I was looking at your post early this morning and wondering why A G had let your S B date pass without your being hounded by one or more of their solicitor "partners". Now I know. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Unless you're in Scotland no not S B April 2015. I was looking at your post early this morning and wondering why A G had let your S B date pass without your being hounded by one or more of their solicitor "partners". Now I know. Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

I am in Scotland. I should have said that.

Oops . Sorry. I'd forgotten. Glad my bad tidings were misplaced. Why on earth have they left you alone? Almost without precedence. Congratulations.

After long period of silence up to the infamous letter they sent to everyone offering a chance to opt out of mail , they drilled my molars mercilessly up to and even beyond S B.

Just make absolutely sure of your last payment date.

Yeah, I've just double checked and the last payment was March 2009.

Next question is: Do the CRAs remove it after the sixth anniversary of the cause of action or the actual default date?

Default date.

Since they don't have my permission to publish my data by means of a signed and properly executed credit agreement is it maybe worth trying to get them to remove the default?

They've been so very nice so far. :-)

No. The McGuffick v RBS [2009] ruling takes care of this. Failure to comply with s78 does not prevent fair reporting of the conduct of an account.

That's that out the window then.

Thanks for the replies folks.