Phone call from DLA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3607 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So glad to see my favourite forum has a special needs section!!! :wink:

My middle son was diagnosed with Aspergers a few weeks ago, we have made a claim for DLA on Friday and I recieved a phonecall from a lady on Monday morning!! :-o She asked a couple of questions on mobility and night times. She said we would get a decision in 1 - 2 weeks. Im guessing that means she wont be contacting any other agencies?!

Does it sound like bad news to you?? :???::???:

[CENTER][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC][/CENTER] [CENTER]My claim against HSBC for £4,957!! :rolleyes: [/CENTER] [CENTER]6th November - letter sent requesting refund[/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - MCOL filed[/CENTER] [CENTER]23rd November - MCOL acknowledged[/CENTER] [CENTER]24th November - Breakdown faxed to Debs at DG![/CENTER] [CENTER]20th November - defence entered[/CENTER] [CENTER][SIZE=5][COLOR=red][B][I]FULL OFFER RECEIVED TODAY!! 21/12/06[/I][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE] :D[/CENTER]

Not always bad news, but even if it is don't leave it there.......Appeal !!!

Also, from now on only conduct your communications with DLA/DWP in WRITING and always keep a copy !!

If they ask you to take your son to see an ATOS "Health Professional" ask for a home visit and try and have someone with you as a witness to anything asked or stated by both you, your son and the "Health Professional".

It may be worth getting a letter or medical report from your GP and present it to the ATOS "Health Professional".

And a point to remember is that the ATOS "Health Professional" quite often is NOT a Doctor and may have very restricted medical knowledge about anything. They are just working to a computed based questionnaire.