Slow boat from japan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4305 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:xHi

We have a Mazda 5 sport which my husband uses for his taxi

it requires a new gearbox and we have been waitng since the 11th May for the repair it should of been done by the 17th may

but they keep changing the goal post everytime we speak to Mazda or the dealer Underwoods of colchester

they keep saying its on the container boat coming from Japan,

when I mentioned that my husbands can't work without the car Mazda said we should have contingency plans put in place for when the car is off the road

we have if the car is in a accident then we get a replacement taxi

but there is no insurance if your car breaks down

this doesn't say a lot for the reliability of Mazda cars does it,

plus we still have to pay £2,597 for the repair .

Mazda have given us a courtesy car but you can't use it for a taxi

so what with no money coming and still having to pay for the repair

and still not knowing when it will be repaired I am at my wits end any suggestions please

Yes!

Tell the dealer principal to pull his finger out and get on top of his staff. There is a set procedure for all manufactuers I know of where parts that affect a VOR situation can be flown in and this is done on a daily basis. The only problem is if there is a genuine supply issue such as control units on autos where the electronic components supply was affectedby the Tsunami. Most manufactuers are now out of the woods with this supply issue but it is still a bit precarious and affects Japanese cars more than euro built cars.

The question you need to ask is why they can't fly one in and fly the one on the container ship back if they are that short.

If no joy from dealer principal then go to Mazda Europe and ask the same question. No point in dealing with Mazda UK as they are more slippery than a Thames Estuary eel.

An alternative is to call a few other dealers with the part number and ask for a price and availability quote.