Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3072 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Looking for some advice before I do some aspects incorrectly.

I am claiming PPI. I have downloaded the FOS rolling credit calculator and I am aware

of the FOS forms to send to originators of PPI, just need to clarify one or two points.

1. Do I approach the originator of the credit, even if they have sold debt to DCA, I presume

I do but just checking.

2. Do I hit PPI and unlawful charges at the same time. ( I am aware the calculations are separate in their calculations and on separate forms) or do I claim PPI first then go for unlawful charges.

3. I had a Debenhams store card that was opened in a rush, the PPI was added, she thrust the application form at me and put crosses where I sign, I cancelled when I realized but was diagnosed with cancer shortly after so it was 3 years before I cancelled. Debt was sold to Link and I am paying back monthly but having done my rolling credit, once the PPI is off the card went into credit and would have stayed in credit if it were not for interest and over limit fees etc. So do I draw attention to this or just claim PPI for now? And once again do I go to Santander who sold the debt or Link who will probably equally ignore this one.

4. How much info and what do I send in with my claims? Do I send the calculations form in with my letter or not.

I have all statements to all my accounts ( I never throw financial stuff away) oh and I was employed by my own company at the time, and was also being treated for cancer when most of these cards were taken out.

Thank you so much to whoever replies. I have spent years literally not knowing what I was taking out but concentrating on getting better, now I am, I am fighting back, and have just worked it out that if by some miracle, I got my PPI and my unlawful charges back I would be debt free!

If only!! I will certainly make a donation to this site if I start getting any on this back.

1. yes

2, no sep claims

3. start a sep thread for this card.

4 for each claim of PPI you send FOS CQ+SOC+covering letter.

for each PENALTY charges claim SOC+complaint letter from our library

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...