Rouxbroughe uk!!! PCN for hospital parking

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As a student nurse I was unable to pay for hospital parking whilst on placement and regularly received PCN's. Now I am qualified I still receive letters of collections for these charges and the trust itself is refusing to give me a staff permit until these charges are paid!!! Can they do this???

I would imagine that they can do what they like if it is their land unfortunately. Whilst the outstanding charges are likely to be unenforceable, the landowner would have the right to impose whatever conditions they please to who uses their land and how.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

By the same token as the hospital have employed the OP they have in effect invited the OP onto their land so in a court of law it would get thrown out. I suppose you could offer to pay the cost of the parking and not the ridiculous fees or just continue to park there without a permit. Is there anything in the T & Cs about parking and paying "parking charges" in the form of "fines"?

It is fairly standard practice for NHS staff to be liable for such charges. However, my research clearly suggests that many NHS Trusts openly describe these charges as penalties and the wording of their documents demonstrate that that is exactly what they intend them to be - they are intended to penalise people and bring them to heal.

The OP would do well to do some careful internet research as most Trust parking policies are available but are often hidden away under slightly odd titles. Penalties are not of course permitted at civil law and their mention is likely to result in cases being thrown out - if they were ever launched.

The fact that Roxburghe are involved suggests that they are simply going to run the gamut of debt collection. The OP could bring their nonsense to a halt by writing them a letter denying any debt, inviting them to cease harassing her or face proceedings for that.