Where to send ESA Form

lostfaith
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4251 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thank-you so much for clarifying that, antone. It's quite possible that some people who are eligible may not know about it. ...

Indeed, there are plenty who don't know about it. Unlike the EDP, it's not issued automatically by the computer.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

I've been on HRM since the mid 90s and never had any premium. I am in the ESA support group and still get no disability premium. The only premium i get is carers premium I've had since August when my wifes's DLA was ungraded. I wasn't on means tested benefits untill 4 years ago though.

If your IB was more than the amount you get with IS / JSA and the disability premium, you'd get no extra money. If you receive housing and /or council tax benefits, you'd get a disability premium in that.

Thanks for all the help. I have found the questionnaire so I have saved a PDF so I have a copy to work on. I am not allowed to stand for an hour or more and I am unable to lift over 5 kilos, I am also profoundly deaf and have had depression from being bullied - I was told I was thick by my manager, as a result my GP said I am unable to work for some time. I will let you know how it goes.

Edited by lostfaith

I think if you transfer over from JSA to ESA you may well lose the first three days of benefit.. As you are technically going from fit for work to sick.

So will be like a new claim to benefit, ESA.

IB to ESA going sick to sick so no waiting days, different

And from ESA back to JSA no three days

Edited by MIKEY DABODEE

Mikey the claim I see where I close the JSA and then ESA is claimed from the following working day there is no break in claim or new waiting period to serve.

The only time I can see a break in claim is where the JSA ends on one day and then the customers ckaims ESA a couple of days later with no request to backdate to the daqy after the last day of te JSA claim.

Thanks. I got a letter - ESA260 today saying I have been approved for it - it said I need a certificate from my GP - downfall is I was forced to resign - shall I just send letter from GP saying i am unable to work

It is also saying £105 a week - is this assessment rate or have they automatically set me up after assessment phase, they took the twenty percent off leaving me £71 a week and says total amount £471 - is this over just 13 weeks? then I would go back to JSA? or is the £471 my back pay?

Silly me. I looked at bottom of the form - it says £71 then 4/7/12 not 472 sorry - form not easy to read. It says from 4 to 13 July £101.42. I rang on Monday 16 they said computer issues but would sort it then on Friday 20th got the ESA260.

Apart from the fit note - thanks, I just don't know how often they need them. Would I need them for the periods of being on ESA? Can I still look for work whilst on it or is aim of it for them to help me find work whilst supporting my illness?

Apart from the fit note - thanks, I just don't know how often they need them. Would I need them for the periods of being on ESA? Can I still look for work whilst on it or is aim of it for them to help me find work whilst supporting my illness?

You need a note to cover every day of your claim until you pass the ATOS medical and are placed in either the WRAG or the Support Group. The DWP will accept your fit note for the period of time your doctor puts on it.

You can look for work while on ESA, yes

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

..........there are two groups one is the WRAG group where you are expected to become better within a year and prepare for work.

ESA WRAG can have a prognosis of longer than one year. My own is 2+ years (well, at least until next ATOS WCA).

Are you thinking of the 12 months limit on ESA WRAG cont`? After the 12 months you would need to apply for ESA WRAG Income related.

My GP made certificate three months from when ESA was accepted to me and marked unfit for work - I assume that'll be enough to cover me for assessment phase won't it? Could they use what I got from Industrial Injury benefit from ATOS or is ESA going to be different thing altogether, I assume related to the depression?

• 2 weeks later...

I had an ATOS assessment through for my personal injuries from two accidents in former employment, they ruled two industrial accidents in my favour, so I am on Industrial Injury benefit, would the ESA one be different or could they look at that report to save me going for another or would they need seperate for depression to find out how it affects me?