You can now change your notification sounds by going to this link https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/index.php?/&app=soundboard&module=soundboard&controller=managesounds

You can find a library of free notification sounds in several places on the Internet. Here's one which has a very large selection https://notificationsounds.com/notification-sounds

BankFodder BankFodder

BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2922 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I own a flat and am renting a room out to someone whose girlfriend stays over a lot. I have asked that he not have her in the flat alone, and I thought he agreed. this morning when leaving for work she was still there and he had already left. I spoke to him about this and he seems to think that because my sister stayed over last night that he's entitled to have her in the flat as he likes. Now my sister stayed over, but she left when I did, and as it's my flat surely I am not subject to the same rules as him.

I made the point that he and my sister are both covered by my insurance if they burn down the flat, break something, etc. but it's invalidated if his girlfriend is there alone.

Any thoughts? Do I have to justify this or can I just say my flay and I don't want someone who's not a tenant or paying rent wandering around when no one else is there.

You are a resident landlord in a shared house with shared facilities. You call the shots.

So what do I say when he refuses? What are my options.

If he's lodging in your own home then you have every right to make reasonable rules about how he and his guests conduct themselves, including to request that he is present at the same time as any guests. If he doesn't want to live by your reasonable expectations then he would need to find somewhere else to live. Lodgers are entitled to reasonable peace and privacy but their rights are far more restricted than those held by tenants of separate property.