Cancelling a Safestyle Contract

joj
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

please can somebody advise me. a rep for safestyle knocked at my door at about 1800hrs on a monday night.

i then agreed to have a quote as i do actually need new windows and doors.

i was then telephoned after about 10 mins and another guy came round for the quote. he was polite and i had no real drama apart from him not leaving til nearly 2230hrs.

i explained to him that i needed lintels piut in a couple of windows as atthe moment i have stone surrounds andhe advisedme strongly that the stoned surrounds would be better, but then said to speak to the surveyor when he comes out.

i paid 80 for surveyor to come out on the following friday, who was also polite. i expressed my concerns about leaving the stne surround in and he also advised it would be better, i am a sigle fulltime working mum, and at the time had my 2 toddlers plying me up so he was not really getting my full attention.

after he had left, i got speakingt to one of my neighbours and they showed me photos of when they had the surrounds left in (since then thay have had them removed) and i was not happy at the size of all the windows as they were tiny.

so i cancelled by post my order, having signed the form at 2200hrs on the monday night i stupidly thought that my 7 days was working days and i was well within my time. i had signedthe cancellation on the following monday (a day out).

i have since had a phonecall from them, so i explained my reason, and they said they would not put lintels in as i did not need them and that i can not get out of th contract. i have told them quite firmly that i do not wish to continue but after an average of 20 missed phonecalls on mob and equal amounts on house phone, daily i called them.....the guy was rude and i was all of a fluster and agin ended up telling him i did not want windows doing, he said it was tough i could not cancel contract and so i just put phone down.

i have not heard from them now, which worries me more as i think they are going to just turn up on the installation date.....or recieve a letter summonsing me to court.....does anyone have any advise

Edited by ims21
Formatted for easier reading