CDS Letter,Car Insurance claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi this is my first post, hope I can get some advise

In 2009 my car was hit by anouther driver. I went through the usual insurance porcedure and took the car to a garage, I have had work done in this garrage before and knew the owner. He did an estmate and I sent this onto the insurance in April 2010 after some chasing from me the insurance company sent me a letter to say they would be instructing the garrge shortly to make the repairs. they also asked if i had any further personal claims and if not the case would be closed in 14 days. I took the car there shortly after receving the letter. The car was fixed and i picked it up. When i picked it up the garrage asked for a copy of the letter and i posted it to them. This was the last time I spoke to the garrage.

Then four weeks ago i get an invoice from the garrage for the repairs and giving me 7 days to pay or further action will take place. I called the garrage and they said that they never receved the letter and had not persued the insurance company so the debt is now mine. I then started emails with them sending the letter to them again and stating that I think this is between them and the insurance company. They are saying as i took the car to them and verbely gave them permistion to repair the car the debt is with me. I only did this on the basis that the insurance was going to pick up the bill.

This is when the comuication stoped and i receved a leter from CDS to pay the outstanding debt. I sent an email last week to CDS with a read recpit. I did not get a reply. I then on Thursday had a very agressive phone call from CDS, I asked them had they receved my email as this would explain the problem from my end, but she was not intrrested, so i asked to be comucated in letter or email format. Her Words were we will take you to court then and put the phone down. I then sent an email to the person that read my read receipt complaining about the way I had been spoken to and I did want to discusss the matter but felt that email or letter would be better. No reply to date.

I have now receved a second letter from CDS adivising me to take this opportunity to resove this amicably and make payment via cheque etc. No note of any comuications I have had or any intention to comuicate outher than a standerd letter.

Please some adive on my next step as i dont feel that the Debt is mine

thanks Robin