Mortgage PPI??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3413 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there,

Having just succesfully reclaimed credit card PPI for my dad who is self employed his business partner has asked if I will try and reclaim PPI for him. He says that he has PPI on his Halifax mortgage statements and has paid a total of £8K in PPI over the life of his mortgage?

Is the process for reclaiming mortgage PPI the same?? What questions should I be asking him and is the fact that he is self employed grounds for mis-sale?

Many Thanks

Generally the self employed were not covered by PPI policies.

Same procedure...fos questionnaire and spreadsheet to be sent to the lender.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

This is the spreadsheet to use

StatIntSheet v101.xls

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

My Dads business partner has now given me the statements for his mortgage and Im really unsure whats what.

The statements read

Monthly Mortgage payment of £361.60

Monthly Insurance Instalment of £43.52

Monthly contents insurance premium of £31.79

Mortgage repayments insurance of £27.39

Is the 'mortgage repayment insurance' £27.39 the PPI??...what may the 'monthly insurance' be?

There appears to be two seperate loan reference numbers one at a fixed rate and the other standard variable rate.

Under the repayments type it states

This is a combination repayment and interest-only mortgage.

This mortgage includes £65K borrowed on interest-only terms. Your mortgage payments do not include the costs of any savings plan on other investment you may have arranged to build up a lump sum or to repay this amount. It is important to check regularly that your savings plan or other investment is on track to repay the interest-only part of your mortgage at the end of the term.

We charge you interest on your mortgage using our Daily Interest method.

You must keep payments up to date for any plans you use to support this loan. The details we hold are as follows;

Investment plan Amount

ISAs £38,500.00

Endowments £26,500.00

Im really unsure about this one as I dont understand it. Also he has not sent me all of the statements. Should I SAR the lender to get them all? Its a 25 year mortgage with 5 years left.

The other thing is my Dads business partner is self employed but when the mortgage was taken out 20 years ago, he was not. He only became SE around 16 years ago so Im unsure what approach to take?

Any advice would be much appreciated, Thanks

Claire

Ideally you need all of the original paperwork including the loan agreement.

If this is not available then SAR might get it for you. Make sure you specifically ask for it in the SAR letter.

What are the reasons you have for the mis-sale?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Hi Ims thanks for this. He genuinly didnt know he was paying PPI and what its purpose is, I thought the mis-sale would be on the grounds that he was SE at the time also but now it seems that he wasnt.

Do you know what the monthly insurance may have been? Am I correct that the repayments insurance is the PPI? Thanks