PPI reclaim loans.co.uk future mortgages [citi group] - FOS taking ages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1534 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We have a complaint for mis sold ppi against a secured loan we took out in april 2004.

It has been in the hands of the FOS since february 2010.

We get regular letters from the FOS every 3 months but they all say pretty much the same thing.

They keep going on about looking into relationships between the ppi underwriter and the company that provided the loan

or the company that sold us the product (presumably because we used a broker to find us a loan).

The ppi was added to the loan at the begining and from what ive read on this forum

and other places this type of ppi is resulting in lenders practically giving customers theyre money back without any hassle.

This time delay is begining to fill us with doubt as to whether the complaint will be upheld.

Anyone got any views on this one ???

Need any more info please just ask thanks in advance.

why did you go for the broker?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yep they run to their own timescales.

Have you put any pressure on them to get a resolution? If not then send them regular reminder letters.

May not make them move any faster but at least you know that you are trying.

You could also lodge a complaint with the actual Ombudsman telling them that their staff are taking an unreasonable amount of time to resolve the issue.

Again, it may not make any difference but it may make you feel better.

Cant believe your claim is since 2010.

What a load of rubbish. They are absolutley rubbish. I was going to esculate my claim from Cap One to the FOS but what a waste of time. The banks and credit cards still do what they want with us. If they ignore you when you send the Q what else can you do. When you contact these people they just igonre you anyway, total waste of time!

Thanks for the replys.

In response to your question dx100uk im not 100% sure the omdusman are going after the broker.

We were initially approached by a claims handling company called ".........." in the summer of 2009.

A rep called to our house to look over our documentation, to be honest he did not seem interested in the brokers paperwork (loans.co.uk)

he was more interested in the paperwork of the lender (future mortgages) part of the citi group.

As far as i am aware the claim company only ever complained to future mortgages who duly told them to go away.

in jan 2010 we received what i assume is a standard fos complaint form filled in by ..........for us to check over.

We returned this to .......who submitted it to the fos in feb 2010. So im really not sure if fos are aware we used loans.co.uk as a broker ???

• 2 weeks later...

In light of my explanation in the above post does anyone have any thoughts ???

Have we possibly gone about our complaint the wrong way ???

Possibly to the wrong people ???

Could this be a reasoning behind the delay at the fos ???

Is there not set in stone procedures of who a mis selling complaint should be directed at e,g broker, lender or underwriter.

To be honest

i do understand a fair bit about ppi mis selling but it also seems that in some instances it can get fairly complicated also.

Looks like mine may be one of the complicated ones :

Edited by dx100uk
CMC adverts removed

Thanks for the replys ims21 and gazette.

Either of you got any views on my questions in post 10 ???

I really am at a loss as to why my complaint is taking so long with the fos //

I know they are busy but 2.5 years busy ???

My ppi was added to my loan as a single premium at the begining and i thought this type of mis selling almost always resulted in an uphold ???

Any further info required just ask thanks.

Have you chased up fos as I indicated earlier?

You need to put some pressure on them to give you a detailed explanation as to where the case is at this time and also ask why it is taking so long.

In light of my explanation in the above post does anyone have any thoughts ???

Have we possibly gone about our complaint the wrong way ??? - poss

Possibly to the wrong people ??? - poss

Could this be a reasoning behind the delay at the fos ??? - poss

Is there not set in stone procedures of who a mis selling complaint should be directed at e,g broker, lender or underwriter.

To be honest i do understand a fair bit about ppi mis selling but it also seems that in some instances it can get fairly complicated also.

Looks like mine may be one of the complicated ones :-)

IMHO

if you have NEVER sent a ppi reclaim to the MORTGAGE COMPANY

then put in a separate new claim.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Post number 9 has been altered removing the name of the claim handling company we were using !!!

Has this been done on purpose by someone and for some particular reason ???

Im guessing yes and as such should not mention them by name again ???

Anyone confirm thanks..

yes sorry

my edit note is not showing

better not to give them free adverts eh?

dx

and they

• 7 years later...

Hi im trying to leave a message on an old ppi thread of mine but it is locked, probably due to the length of time since it was last commented on. At the top it says to flag it up to the site team if you want to leave a comment, but im not sure how to do this. Thanks for any help.

and which thread please...

dx

and they

merged

and they

• 2 weeks later...

An update and some advice needed please.

Well the fos looked at our complaint for years,

they never actually gave any indication of whether or not they thought our ppi was mis sold. 

We got regular letters from them informing us they were trying to ascertain who a complaint could be lodged against and whether or not the fos had the authority to look into the complaint.

In January 2016 we got a final letter from them informing us they had pinpointed the relevant companies who would be responsible for a complaint however the fos could not act due to the ppi being sold to us prior to the 14th of January 2005.

So we gave up hope.

Out of the blue in November 2017 we received a letter from Canada square operations inviting us to put in a new type of complaint (obviously the plevin ruling).

I did a little research and found that Canada square are now handling ppi complaints for a number of companies one of which is future mortgages.

I also did a little research into the plevin ruling and mistakingly believed that we would not be able to complain via this route so I did not reply to Canada square and again gave up hope.

My partner persuaded me recently to put in fresh complaints with Canada square before the deadline ran out.

This I did and we have had a reply from them, 

I will put this information into my next post so as not to make this post too long.

Thanks Steve.

scan the letter to one multipage PDF please 

read upload

and they

• 2 months later...

Sorry for the delay in responding, I'm not too IT savvy when it comes to scanning the letter so i will just have to briefly explain what the letter from Canada square says.

If it's really necessary to scan the letter I will have to get someone to help me later.

Canada square have rejected our claim for the full ppi, they say that because no fresh evidence of misselling was supplied they have not looked at the case again and stand by their original decision.

Interestingly they included a copy of their original rejection letter which was sent to the CMC we were using when we first complained. This is the first time we have seen this letter.

They have upheld our complaint on the plevin ruling.

We have received a cheque each for  approx £2700 after the tax was deducted.

The amount they have paid us before interest and stat interest equates to approx 33% of the PPI premium ( ours was front loaded in a lump sum onto our secured loan ).

They have also said that if we bank the cheques that would be considered as us accepting their offer as full and final settlement  and we would have no recourse to complain further re this account.

We have not banked the cheques yet.

Questions :

1, is it worth writing back to them to ask them to look again at the full ppi complaint as we believe it was missold.

2, am I correct in believing a plevin complaint can only be successful if the commission was over 50%. 

3, am I correct in believing that if you get compensation under the plevin rule you only get back the commission over 50% and not the first 50% itself. Then obviously interest and stat interest on top.

4, are their threats regarding banking the cheques lawful, can we not bank the cheques and also complain further if we wanted to.

Thanks Steve.

1. Not really, they've already said they wouldn't and FOS won't look at it so there's nowhere to go really.

2. Correct.

3. Correct.

4. If they are the terms of the offer then the only way you could challenge it is through the courts.

Even if you won you're back to square 1 and they could just reject the complaint.

My advice?

Take the money and run.