• Tweets

• No, reading the guidance online it says to wait for a letter from the court. Should I wait or submit the directions? BTW, I assume that the directions are a longer version of the particular of claim accompanied by evidence, correct?
    • Thanks for opening, it's been another rough year for my family and I've procastinated a little.. Due to the age of my defaults on this and other accounts (circa 2021), I really need to avoid a CCJ as that will be another 6 years of credit issues. Mediation failed as I played the 'not enough info to make a decision' however during the call for some reason they did offer settlement at 80%, I refused. this has been allocated to small claims track, court date is June 3 and I've received their WS. I'm starting on my WS. They do appear to have provided everything required of them (even if docs could be reconstructions). Not really sure what my argument is anymore but I do want to attend court and see this through. Should a judgement be made against me then I will clear the balance within 30 days and have the CCJ removed - this is still possible isn't it? I'm going to be reading up today and tomorrow and hope you can provide me some guidance in the meantime. Wonder what your advice would be given the documents they have provided? I am now in a position to clear the debt either by lump sum or a few large installments - Is this something i should look into at this late stage? Thanks as always in advance
    • I have now received my SAR. It includes a great deal of information! Is there a time limit on how long account information is kept and/or can be provided to debtors? I have received many account statements which were not previously sent to me. I remember that the creditor should provide explanations of any acronyms and abbreviations that maybe used in the documents. Is this still the case? Also what, if any, are the regulations in regard to adding fees to a debt? Can fees be added to a debt after the court has approved a charge on a property. Perhaps due to the numerous owners of the debt, many payments I made were not properly recorded on the account, some were entered over a year after the payment was made! Following the Legal Charge, I paid every month until my payments were refused. I am trying to compute the over payments, but the addition of fees etc. is confusing me. Any comments and/or help would be appreciated.
    • did you submit your directions
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

TXTLOAN - live chat repayment plan

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4110 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, got into a pickle with a few PD loan companies,

Thought i would share how helpful TXTLOAN are over live chat when setting up a replayment plan.

chat

Hi, a customer representative will be with you shortly. Please specify the nature of your query.

ME: HI, my partner is/was in her first year as a student nurse, she has completed all the exams and passed all but one. She has redone the exam three times and failed which has now resulted in her being kicked off the course.

ME: This obviously is a big problem as the NHS paid her a Bursary every month which has bean ceased

ME: I wondering if i can make an arrangement to come to some sort of payment plan with your company, i dont want to default on payments but i cannot possibly make the payment which is due by the 09/07/2012. I understand that this was not in the agreement but I do not have the funds to make payment when this amount becomes due

TXTLOAN: Hello. Sorry to hear about it.

ME: i know, life has more downs than ups lately

ME: but anyway

TXTLOAN: Yes, we can of course set up a repayment plan suitable for you.

ME: thanks for your help, what time period can you offer me please

TXTLOAN: You are welcome. Dates and amount of repayment is up to you.

ME: ok, what will be the total debt i have to pay back as i assume there will be charges then i know what i am working with?

TXTLOAN: Since you are reporting financial difficulties we will freeze the interest and you would have to repay standard 351£.

ME: I would like to propose 70.20 @ 5 months = 351.00

TXTLOAN: Possible. But what date should we charge you on?

ME: I get paid on the 20th of evey month

ME: Do you accept bank transfers?

TXTLOAN: Yes, we can accept them. I can as well send you our banking details.

ME: what a help you have been, many many thanks, a big weight off my mind

TXTLOAN: In this case we would need to set up the repayment date to be 23rd to give some time for the transfer to go through and be confirmed.

TXTLOAN: You are welcome.

ME: excellent thanks

TXTLOAN: I will send you the email with all the details you may need.

ME: If i do get any extra monies from anywhere i will send via the bank transfer early,

ME: thanks TXTLOAN and TXTLOAN for understanding

TXTLOAN: Sure, we will check the transfers daily.

TXTLOAN: You are welcome once more. We always care about our clients and are going to resolve any emerging issues together with you.

ME: thansk you , i await your email

TXTLOAN: It will be there in 10-15 minutes. You are going for the bank transfer option then?

ME: Yes please then if iget paid on a Sunday the money will transfer on the Monday

TXTLOAN: I will give you 3 days time frame - it will cover any issues with weekends.

ME: thanks TXTLOAN,

TXTLOAN: You are welcome once more. Sending you the email in a second.

ME: Excellent

TXTLOAN: Done. Please review it and confirm that it is a suitable option for you.

ME: i will check my email

ME: do i need to wait for the email and confirm in this live chat or via the email?

TXTLOAN: Doesn't matter. Choose what is more convenient for you.

ME: ok, i will await the email as it hasn't arrived yet, once again thanks for your help

TXTLOAN: You are welcome once more. Take care!

So the upshot being, they froze charges etc and all I pay back is the amount borred plus the initial interest.

Regards

Did you get this in confirmation by email or letter as you never actually stated you would recieve it.? Also, Make sure you are paying by Standing order only

Whats strange is a new poster with this as the solitary post praising a PDL. Could be something, could be nothing. However we have plenty of reports across the forum that show their REAL attitude.

Also, its strange that they are very happy dealing with someone who is not the debtor and seems to have no previous authorisation to deal with the debt.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Did you get this in confirmation by email or letter as you never actually stated you would recieve it.? Also, Make sure you are paying by Standing order only

Whats strange is a new poster with this as the solitary post praising a PDL. Could be something, could be nothing. However we have plenty of reports across the forum that show their REAL attitude.

Also, its strange that they are very happy dealing with someone who is not the debtor and seems to have no previous authorisation to deal with the debt.

I think the OP is the debtor (although I had to read it twice) Just the household income has changed due to his partner loosing bursasy!

I am also in the same mind as you, new posters don't normally join to put up good feedback, they find this site as they normally need help. I smell fish!

Jogs

Q.Did you get this in confirmation by email or letter as you never actually stated you would recieve it.? Also, Make sure you are paying by Standing order only

A. I have not received an email yet but when I now log into my account on the TXTLOAN website it shows a repayment plan schedule that was agreed over live text. Dates, amounts etc.

Whats strange is a new poster with this as the solitary post praising a PDL. Could be something, could be nothing. However we have plenty of reports across the forum that show their REAL attitude

I have been a lurking member since December 2010. Most of the info i needed was already on the forums so didn't feel the need to post. I thought this would be a relief to some people to understand that TXTLOAN are approachable.

I am the debtor? Where do I claim not to be?

I mentioned the debtor thing, because the intial few sentences could lead someone to thinking it was your other half that had the debt. Especially since there was no real reason for you to tell the PDL that, or for the PDL to even know about it. Even another poster had to re-read the post :)

As for the "new poster" part, i will apologise. We have had many people subscribing to the site recentley and using old accounts to post good things about PDL's. These people were found out to be shills for the PDL's/DCA's and some were the PDL management themselves.

You may have that schedule on the website, but as you know, that can be changed at any time by them. It is a very big reason why CAG tells people they MUST get the email or letter. Especially in your case when they said it would be in your inbox very shortly, and still hasnt arrived. Once you have written proof sent to you personally, then it cant be disputed by the PDL. Having it on a website means nothing, as many PDL's have been known to change it, and when questioned over it, they refuse all knowledge and say thats how its always been.

Again, i am sorry if i jumped to the wrong end of the stick, but experience led me to believe something different. And since you still havent recieved confirmation of the repayment, it does indeed, still sound very very fishy indeed.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Oh i agree. I hope so to, but one rule of CAG is to only correspond with them by email or letter. Webchats are useless as theres no real proof of anything said, unless in the rare occasion theres a "send chat to email" link. Email or letter gives you solid proof. Thats a simple fact that has been proven over and over.

I sincerely hope that the PDL you are with doesnt change their minds and actually follows through with you to a complete resolution, but again, general experience says different. Especially, as i said before, they STILL havent sent you confirmation of the repayment plan, and for some reason, you seem to be happy they havent confirmed it.

Hi, i have received the email confirming the repayment plan with full bank details sortcode, account number, reference etc.

Here is the live chat

ME: hi, you still there?

ME: hello TXTLOAN

TXTLOAN: Hello.

ME: still not received your bank details via email to setup the payment schedule - please advise

TXTLOAN: OK, what email address of yours are you looking through?

ME: my email registered with TXTLOAN

TXTLOAN: Please check the Spam folder.

TXTLOAN: I've sent the email to that address

ME: TXTLOAN, i have checked the spam folder since we had our live chat earlier, please try this alternative email

ME: my alternative email

TXTLOAN: Just a moment.

ME: ok thanks

TXTLOAN: Sent.

ME: received thanks TXTLOAN - take it easy

TXTLOAN: You are welcome once more. Do you have any questions regarding the repayment and the plan?

ME: no sir, all will be paid on time, many thanks

TXTLOAN: Great. In this case - enjoy your evening, ME!

So, fingers crossed this should put the matter to bed

Edited by ecotrojan

Lets hope so. Im still wondering why they didnt send it immediately and you had to pressure them for it. But at least you have it now.

Make sure you edit your name out though, as we have had reports about PDL's and DCA's tracking people who use this forum and making their lives hell.

You have to watch out for TXTLOAN emails,they come through as spam.I did report this to them about 2 months ago,they replied by saying that it would be looked into.Obviously it has not been sorted out yet.

Regards,John.

I have to agree about them being reasonable and easy to handle. I emailed them yesterday morning and within ten minutes received back a notification of receipt with a reference number. The next email came about 8pm with a link to the email trail and their reply on it. They agreed to all my terms for a repayment, provided their bank details and didn't add any charges. The only thing I find a bit strange is you don’t get the reply in an email format, instead is comes in a link to a webpage that holds the email records. I print screened this and copied/pasted the text in a Word document just for my own peace of mind.Huge weight off my shoulders though. Can’t really fault them in terms of approachability.

I have to say while i'm not in favour of defending PDL's, txtloan were very approachable. I know the rule is not to speak to them on the phone but I had a duty manager ring me regarding my complaint about additional charges, said himself that they're not going to try and defend those and will drop them instantly. Paid off my account in 6 equal instalments and one final slightly larger payment which was discounted also.

You know what, me to! :wink:

it reminds me of another similiar company that used to write reviews for themselves...

I mean you don't suddenly change your business ethnics overnight and this is all to convenient

errr believing someone's financial difficulties over live chat ... wow the OFT investigation must really be working or Txt loan are setting themselves a precedent!!!

I hope all the txt loans customers that were massively charged above and beyond, get after the company as their obviously due money back if Txt Loan can now wipe charges

Happy to share my experience but for your own protection, please check and double check what myself and other Caggers inform

“Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.”

:-)

Well I certainly don't work for them and was just being honest. If nothing else just for anyone who is in a similar situation to know that of all the horror stories you read about PDLs, it doesn't always have to go that way. I'm happy to email over my screen caps to anyone that would like to see proof of my comments. Also, it should be noted, that in my case they did add a load of charges to my total. It incurred just over £180 in charges but I refused to pay it from the outset.

Well I certainly don't work for them and was just being honest. If nothing else just for anyone who is in a similar situation to know that of all the horror stories you read about PDLs, it doesn't always have to go that way. I'm happy to email over my screen caps to anyone that would like to see proof of my comments. Also, it should be noted, that in my case they did add a load of charges to my total. It incurred just over £180 in charges but I refused to pay it from the outset.

you certainly dont show that conversation, so thats why we are dubious

Come on guys. Lets not bicker or argue and hijack a thread. If you want to discuss the validity of a post, take it to PM's, or create a separate thread.

If you think that a poster is a PDL account, flag the post and let an admin decide.

Fair comments. There is no bickering from me though. I just think it’s unfair that anyone reporting an OK experience when dealing with a PDL is branded a fraudulent account or a non-legitimate poster. The intention of these boards is to help and advise people in similar situations that you’re in/have found yourself in – whether it be good, bad or otherwise.

Fair comments. There is no bickering from me though. I just think it’s unfair that anyone reporting an OK experience when dealing with a PDL is branded a fraudulent account or a non-legitimate poster. The intention of these boards is to help and advise people in similar situations that you’re in/have found yourself in – whether it be good, bad or otherwise.

Spot on. Lets leave it at that.

• 6 months later...

Jamies probably right. However, do not make ANY payments at all until you get full confirmation in writing. Dont accept a transcript, you need a full written acknowledgement containing all details.

I hate all the PDL companies I have to deal with but of a bad lot these have been the best! I offered them £10 a week starting next Friday by bank transfer stating clearly I would only pay my original loan, one month interest and a minimal default fee. They emailed back almost straightaway with a breakdown of all that and agreeing to my payment plan. And even better they want back less than I was expecting to have to pay. Only £15 less but better than a kick in the teeth. I only communicated by email with them. On the other hand almost every other company I need to deal with has been a total nightmare and I'd be going round in circles if it wasn't for the fab advice on this forum!