Darling v Barclays Business A/c

darling
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Letter received today (and the recycled cheque returned - yippee). They are sending me the copy statements without charge on a complimentary basis in the next couple of weeks.

So am awaiting the postman as usual.

This is our old business a/c although it was not registered as a 'Limited Company' so was merely a Trading as a/c. Can't find any info regarding Trading as a/c's so am treating this in the same way as a personal account.

Statements received 14th Oct. Spreadsheets etc done.

Preliminary approach off today for £730.29. I know its not going to be simple.

• 4 weeks later...

Got this reply dated 25 October.

I'm sorry you have had to contact us about the commission and interest charges levied on your account since Oct 2003.

I'm looking into your concerns and will let you have a response or update as quickly as I can but not later than 13 Nov.

So I will wait and see what happens next.

Hi darling

Blimey, barclays must be pulling their finger out. 13th Nov is only next week, they usually say they'll get back to you some time in the next couple of years.

Good luck with this claim (not that you'll need it, of course). There are lots on here willing to offer support and guidance though you have so many claims on the go I doubt very much you'll need it.

Hi Austen

Don't be too shocked will you, I started a claim against Barclays (my old Personal a/c) on 2nd October and have received an offer today, which I may add I am seriously considering. Its a bit less than I hoped for but hey ho Xmas is coming etc etc. So will write back asking for a little bit more, and telling them that I need a cheque because I no longer bank with them.

So indeed they do seem to be pulling their fingers out.

I've been dealing with:Allisson Follett, Customer Relations Manager, Freepost RLTA-CSUE-TCHC, Head Office Customer Relations, London E14 5HP.

• 2 months later...

Ok Christmas over and time to get everything back up to date.

Letter received from Debt Managers Ltd, collections agency. 'where's our money' it also say's that they can offer up to 25% discount on the debt.

Question: Does anyone agree with me here, does it look like the debt has been sold on although the account is in dispute.

And they say we 'owe' them £800 but we are claiming back £730.29. I shall be sending Barclays a LBA today as well.

Lets see what happens next!!!

If anyone has any advice on this one please it will be gratefully appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Just sent this letter off, I found it on another thread, brilliantly written by HAGENUK so i've just adapted it a bit.

Lets see how it does !

I have contacted you on various occasions regarding my claim for a refund on charges applied by yourselves on the above account, to which I have not received any response at all to my request for repayment dated 17th October 2006 and a reminder on 30th January 2007.

It is clear from your lack of response that you are under the impression that I will not issue a claim against you for the return the unlawful bank charges debited from my account.

I am writing to inform you that this will be the next stage unless I receive full payment in the next 14 days of the £....... detailed in my previous letter to you.

However, please accept this correspondence in accordance with my duty under the Civil Procedure Rules to continue to pursue a settlement without the need to invoke the time of the courts

If you do not intend to defend your charges in court, but hoping that I will "just go away" I should to point out that this will not happen and you will incur further costs against you.

Take note that I will draw the Court’s attention to the fact that you have not made any attempts at settlement in accordance with the overriding objectives of CPR. Furthermore I will submit this letter to the Court as further evidence of your intransigence with my case despite my attempts at settlement and the settling by your company of all other similar claims to date.

Alternatively, in accordance with the overriding objectives of the Civil Procedure Rules I would like to give you the opportunity to settle this issue without the need to take the time of the Courts. My claim is for £....... If you could ensure that this sum is paid into my bank account within 14 days I will inform the court that this matter is settled. If you wish to pursue this course of action please telephone me on xxxxxxxxxxxxx to obtain my account details.

Please do not waste any further time with something you do not intend to defend.

Yours sincerely