Champion Soccer Debt

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2746 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

This may seem a bit of an odd one, but hope someone can advise.

Me and a few mates started playing six a side football a while ago, after 2 games the organisers cancelled the next one due to a big televised football game, then the week after that was a bank holiday so we didn't play either. I then went on holiday, and while I was away the rest of the team couldn't make up the players, so didn't turn up to the game. When I got back from holiday, no-one could be bothered to play anymore, and I had an invoice sent to me for £60 for the team not turning up to the game. So I just left it.

I have now had a letter demanding £864 in unpaid match fees for the remainder of the season, otherwise they will be making an application to the county court to recover the debt. They state I signed a legally binding application form in which I personally agreed to..... "Accept full responsibility on behalf of my team to fulfill and pay for all fixtures as required and agree to abide by the rules of the competition"

They then state "In the likely event of our application to the court being successful, you will be liable for the court costs, in addition to your credit rating being negatively affected".

The said application form can be found at the link below:

http://www.championsoccer.co.uk/template/usertemple/images/General+Application+form.pdf

Can someone let me know where I stand with regards to this so called ''debt''

Thanks,

Dean

• 7 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Do they have their terms and conditions online as well ?

I would have thought they would be with the application form or a link that directed you read them before applying.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

These are the only t&cs on the site:

Please note Champion Soccer CANNOT postpone or cancel any matches, and our full terms and conditions are as follows.

These are in place as from Sunday 10 April 2011, and will be strictly enforced.

Should you not be able to fulfil your fixture YOU MUST CALL US before 4pm on the day of the match.

Should you do this, then you will receive a 4-0 defeat and be charged for your match fee, which you must pay the following week.

If however you do not bother to contact us, you will be CHARGED DOUBLE MATCH FEE and receive a 4-0 defeat. This is not because we want to charge you a double match fee, this is because WE WANT YOU TO CALL US, so that we can call your opposition and stop them having a wasted journey !!!

As you know theer is nothing worse than turning up and not having any oppo !!

Furthermore, if your team does turn up to find no opposition then your referees and coordinator will do all they can to set up a friendly for you to save you having a wasted journey - this will be refereed and played under normal match conditions- your team will be charged half price for this friendly and you will receive a 3-0 win for the match you should have played.

However, its not all doom and gloom if you are struggling to raise a team !! as we will do all we can to help.

IF YOU LET US KNOW , then we can speak to our coordinator and/or refs prior to kick off who will try and arrange a couple of stand in players for you just for that night - so even if you ve only got 3 or 4 players it makes sense to go down and play.

Even if you don t manage to scrape together your total match fee for that week, its MUCH MUCH cheaper to turn up, pay what you can , borrow a couple of players (with the oppos agreement) than it is to not bother, and have an invoice for a double match fee !!

Please help us to help you !!! The Team at Champion Soccer

Edited by citizenB

• 3 years later...

Don't worry about this letter at all mate. It's a scare tactic to try and get you to pay. Just ignore it, you will not hear from them again. I was also really worried when I got the letter but if they actually did try to take this to court they'd be laughed out of the place.

• Haha 1

Just finally, did you ignore the letters or respond to them at all?

Nah I didn't respond in the end. I was going to but then I thought why engage with them over something so ridiculous and waste my time. Also if you respond you are acknowledging who you are. ATM they have nothing at all to prove you even signed up to the league other than an email I'm guessing.

My advice would be to just ignore them.