• Tweets

• I have a reply on the RSA life protector!   Email the other week from the Natwest Customer Concerns Unit advising the investigation is starting now and they want to understand the complaint and call me.   I replied and said please write or email as I didn't want to speak over the phone.   Another email today asking for my number so they can update me and can send a response once they have spoken to me.   I'm sure I read before to keep this all in writing and not engage in phone calls?   Cheers   E!  
    • O/H has had first pfiser covid dose today, DIL had it a week ago  (both patient facing NHS) DIL had the relatively minor sore arm issues for half a day so its ... probably ... not psychosomatic   J&J vaccine coming along. O/AZ is also being made and distributed in India with India selling on to others although significantly, its not approved in the EU or US.   Express and mail (and other usual poopulist/nutter cheerleader rags and web pages ) are spinning conspiracy crap around O/AZ NOT being approved elsewhere ... .. but there is more justification for conspiracy crap around its early approval here it seems to me ..  . and the lack of approval in the US and EU seems unquestionably tied to those (dodgy?) O/AZ test data issues    
    • Just a update:   I received a email today:   Further to our meeting yesterday please find the invitation to a disciplinary meeting as discussed.   It is likely the meeting on Thursday next week will be held online by Zoom or WhatsApp unless you would prefer this in the office. We currently have a procedure where only 4 people are in the office at any one time and this would need to be booked in advance.   Please acknowledge receipt of the email and please advise if you would like a hardcopy of the letter.   The manager explained that they would send a email with all the details, and why I was getting a disciplinary for?   I just hope as I not had this, maybe a written warning? Hence : “ would like a hardcopy of the letter”    what do you think?
    • Thanks for your replies. I tried searching for my post from a while back but could not find it. Yes I believe I did send the statute barred letter a couple of years ago and haven't heard another thing until the letter today. I will send another SB letter to Global Debt Recovery and see what happens. I don't have any credit card numbers/ agreements just debt company reference numbers so not sure if I can send CCA request as well. Thanks Paul 
    • Thanks for your reply. So are the tenancy one of the same thing?  convert-jpg-to-pdf.net_2021-01-21_20-37-05 3.pdf I always thought they were sitting tenants (regulated) because they moved in there in 1984, and it’s a private landlord not a housing association property.   The particulars in the claim are very arguable. The only deterioration was caused by the LL when they attempted to bring the property up to a safe standard.  Parents have maintained the property as far as decoration and basic repairs but nothing structural. Waste is all they left from the works. We have evidence to back this up also.   Will seek further advice, but I asked you kind chaps here just to be sure   Oh just to add, the property as of last month is registered with a fair rent as a regulated tenancy. The solicitor for the LL said the courts would handle the tenancy as if it was a secure tenancy? Which confused me a bit
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2917 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have been trying to contact them but the options don't work on one number and no one answers on another. On a land line number, I get the mesage 'sorry your call has not been accepted' Does anyone know what is going on here ?

Have you tried this number?

0800 036 0170

Go thrugh the options as though you are a new customer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have you tried this number?

0800 036 0170

Go thrugh the options as though you are a new customer.

Thanks for that. Can't phone up certain numbes from landline including 0800 (Don't ask me why) Other numbers will get connected but not mobiles. Account is not in arrears. Went out to use a public phone box to dial 0800 number got through to automated system but no one answers. Got a number for 24 hour fault line so phoned that up from public phone box only for the line tp go dead after a while. All i need now is a number to report a fault on the fault line. lol..

Is there any one around who deals with these people and advise on how to speak with some one from Primus. Do they infact work at the weekend ? All help would be much appreciated..

I bet sales answered quick enough tho right? lol

Have you read this http://www.newcalltelecom.co.uk/code-of-practice.html?

Section 9 is how to make a complaint. Follow that procedure and you should end up getting some resolution.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thats a new one on me. I would complain complain complain in your shoes (unless its calls you never make and doesn't effect you)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Regardless of how you pay the bill, why would they restrict free calls!!

My point exactly, Using an excuse that it could be because am a new customer is not acceptable. I know that companies perfer you to pay by direct debit but for many this is not possible. The other thing is if you choose to not pay or can not pay by direct debit, should you pay more for the pleasure ?

• 6 months later...

I find myself in the same boat as OP, all outgoing calls, even free 0800 calls have been barred on my line.

I have been a customer of New Call Telecom, and Primustel before that, for many years.

I have never, ever been in arrears, especially since my billing is paid by direct credit transfer.

Since all calls are barred I can not even call their customer services, nor even their sales lines to speed up my complaint.

I have to say that I have noticed the standard of service with this company has dropped dramatically since Primus Telecommunications UK Ltd was bought out by New Call Telecom Ltd. It certainly was a good service under the Aussies (Primus) but now we've seen prices hiked up and getting someone to answer their phones, even if the line wasn't barred, is a nightmare.

One day, to check it, I left it ringing, on speakerphone, and after some time more than 1 hour I gave up. I don't think with original primus company it ever got to 3 rings before they answered.

Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy! Penny-pinchers.

Lots of people getting problems with these jokes at the moment myself included. Seems the last few weeks they aren;t even answering the phones.

Been trying to sort out problem with MILs broadband for weeks but there are some people without a phone and they just can't get through to them. Rumour is they're in financial trouble.

Basically, myself included, there are people paying for a service and not getting it. Not sure where to go next with this - can't complain if you cant speak to them.

Cancelling the DD won't do much because you still wont have a service.... Anyone got any ideas?

Cancelling the DD won't do much because you still wont have a service.... Anyone got any ideas?

As above, I'm in the same boat. It appears to me that the BT announcement "sorry your call has not been accepted" is somewhat indicative that this Carrier Pre-Select has now been excluded from BT lines. (BTW ALL lines are still owned by BT regardless of who bills you)

So, your line is still active, but you can't make an outgoing call.

Here's a workaround for now - enrol on the 18185 service (google it) and predial 18185 before your call. It will go through because its routing to another carrier.

OK it will cost you 5p connection per call but 0p per minute thereafter.

That's actually cheaper for a daytime call anyway, but 5p more expensive evening and weekends, but it'll keep you calling. :)

Weekends are included with BT line rental I believe so predial 1280 on weekends and they're free

to

C.A.G. Toolbar