Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2869 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Have been trying to contact them but the options don't work on one number and no one answers on another. On a land line number, I get the mesage 'sorry your call has not been accepted' Does anyone know what is going on here ?

Have you tried this number?

0800 036 0170

Go thrugh the options as though you are a new customer.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Have you tried this number?

0800 036 0170

Go thrugh the options as though you are a new customer.

Thanks for that. Can't phone up certain numbes from landline including 0800 (Don't ask me why) Other numbers will get connected but not mobiles. Account is not in arrears. Went out to use a public phone box to dial 0800 number got through to automated system but no one answers. Got a number for 24 hour fault line so phoned that up from public phone box only for the line tp go dead after a while. All i need now is a number to report a fault on the fault line. lol..

Is there any one around who deals with these people and advise on how to speak with some one from Primus. Do they infact work at the weekend ? All help would be much appreciated..

I bet sales answered quick enough tho right? lol

Have you read this http://www.newcalltelecom.co.uk/code-of-practice.html?

Section 9 is how to make a complaint. Follow that procedure and you should end up getting some resolution.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

to

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

C.A.G. Toolbar

Thats a new one on me. I would complain complain complain in your shoes (unless its calls you never make and doesn't effect you)

to

C.A.G. Toolbar

Regardless of how you pay the bill, why would they restrict free calls!!

My point exactly, Using an excuse that it could be because am a new customer is not acceptable. I know that companies perfer you to pay by direct debit but for many this is not possible. The other thing is if you choose to not pay or can not pay by direct debit, should you pay more for the pleasure ?

• 6 months later...

I find myself in the same boat as OP, all outgoing calls, even free 0800 calls have been barred on my line.

I have been a customer of New Call Telecom, and Primustel before that, for many years.

I have never, ever been in arrears, especially since my billing is paid by direct credit transfer.

Since all calls are barred I can not even call their customer services, nor even their sales lines to speed up my complaint.

I have to say that I have noticed the standard of service with this company has dropped dramatically since Primus Telecommunications UK Ltd was bought out by New Call Telecom Ltd. It certainly was a good service under the Aussies (Primus) but now we've seen prices hiked up and getting someone to answer their phones, even if the line wasn't barred, is a nightmare.

One day, to check it, I left it ringing, on speakerphone, and after some time more than 1 hour I gave up. I don't think with original primus company it ever got to 3 rings before they answered.

Shoddy, shoddy, shoddy! Penny-pinchers.

Lots of people getting problems with these jokes at the moment myself included. Seems the last few weeks they aren;t even answering the phones.

Been trying to sort out problem with MILs broadband for weeks but there are some people without a phone and they just can't get through to them. Rumour is they're in financial trouble.

Basically, myself included, there are people paying for a service and not getting it. Not sure where to go next with this - can't complain if you cant speak to them.

Cancelling the DD won't do much because you still wont have a service.... Anyone got any ideas?

Cancelling the DD won't do much because you still wont have a service.... Anyone got any ideas?

As above, I'm in the same boat. It appears to me that the BT announcement "sorry your call has not been accepted" is somewhat indicative that this Carrier Pre-Select has now been excluded from BT lines. (BTW ALL lines are still owned by BT regardless of who bills you)

So, your line is still active, but you can't make an outgoing call.

Here's a workaround for now - enrol on the 18185 service (google it) and predial 18185 before your call. It will go through because its routing to another carrier.

OK it will cost you 5p connection per call but 0p per minute thereafter.

That's actually cheaper for a daytime call anyway, but 5p more expensive evening and weekends, but it'll keep you calling. :)

Weekends are included with BT line rental I believe so predial 1280 on weekends and they're free

to

C.A.G. Toolbar