Lloyds TSB PPI Claim Rejected ........ what now?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4113 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Everyone,

I am after a little bit of advice after receiving a letter this morning where Lloyds TSB have rejected my PPI claim, details of the letter as follows:

Lloyds PPI Rejection Letter.pdf

Is this a standard response?

Should I do a SAR and get a copy of my application form, although it does goes back to the 90's?

Do I complain back to Lloyds or straight to the FSA?

Has anyone else been successful after an initial rejection?

My initial application was made via a leaflet through the post, but a few years ago the TSB altered their cards to have a joint Amex / Mastercard, this is where I think the PPI was added, I wouldn't have added the PPI intentionally and actually cancelled the policy 2 years ago, there won't be much to come back like some of the claims on here but it could still be a few hundred pounds.

Thanks for taking the time to read :wink:

There have been successes where they have been challenged on their decision.

I would write back to them refuting each of their rejection points.

If they still refuse to pay out then it will be fos that you complain to, not the FSA.

I don't suppose you have all of the statements for your account?

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

I don't have any statements going back that far, I think I will do a SAR and get a better picture of where things stand.

I will send both letters first thing Monday morning, one for the SAR and one to challenge their rejection.

I will be back just as soon as I have an update.

Thanks again

Thanks for coming back so quickly.

I don't have any statements going back that far, I think I will do a SAR and get a better picture of where things stand.

I will send both letters first thing Monday morning, one for the SAR and one to challenge their rejection.

I will be back just as soon as I have an update.

Thanks again

OMG

I have received two letters this week from Lloyds

one for my loan and

one for my credit card and t

hey are almost word for word identical.

Obvious standard letters.

I wroteback to them straight away on the first one and had another letter today saying that due to the backlog of complaints it will take them another 8 weeks to look into it.

What the hell are they playing at!!

Just keep at them!

Good luck!

OMG I have received two letters this week from Lloyds one for my loan and one for my credit card and they are almost word for word identical. Obvious standard letters. I wroteback to them straight away on the first one and had another letter today saying that due to the backlog of complaints it will take them another 8 weeks to look into it. What the hell are they playing at!! Just keep at them! Good luck!

Thanks for this, I thought it might be ......... let me know how you get on :madgrin:

• 2 months later...

My partner has also just received an almost identical letter!

He is going to try writing to Lloyds again and then FOS if no luck.

It seems as though 99% of complaints against Lloyds PPI which go to the FOS prove successful for the customer.

(well February 2012 this was the case)

• 1 month later...

ive put 5 ppi claims in to them and received their final decision on 4 of them all identical letters.

i responded and received another 4 identical letters

one of them even had captions for the writer to put their reasons it read

.we cannot uphold your claim for the following reasons (operator type reasons here),

they are just blantantly just rejecting every claim.

as for the fifth claim

i got a letter today saying they have upheld my claim !!!!

unfortunately they dont owe me anything as i cancelled the ppi within 2 weeks !!!

funny that eh?

• 2 months later...

Hi

I made a PPI claim with Lloyds Bank mid August last year. I received the standard letter from them dismissing my claim and sent a reply stating that I did not agree with the decision last September.

I ring them every couple of days only to be told the same thing - that the claim is been review by their team and they can not give time scales on re-opened cases.

It is nearly six months since I originally made my claim - do I need to go to the FOS before the 6 months is up?

Thanks in advance for your help.

J