universal credits and vouchers

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3066 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I actually have to laugh at the position of governments in the U.K. about the royal family bringing in a huge amount of money from tourism....I actually think that tourists do not on the whole come to see the royal family...they come to see the buildings, monuments, etc...there are probably, I would hazard a guess about 0 tourists who actually get to 'see' the royal family on their U.K. holiday...they may gaze through the gates of buck house, visit the tower...and all the other attractions...which they would still do whether we keep this overinflated lot or not.....'tugs forelock' get rid of em....

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well.......... as a self confessed republican I can say one hundred percent, unequivocally, beyond all shadow of a doubt, without question, no!

I think they do a fantastic job of lining their pockets, they have successfully over the years convinced Joe public that they are an indispensable asset, and worthy of our best efforts to keep them 'in the manner to which they have been accustomed'. GB Ltd, could get along nicely without them and save a huge amount of cash in the process.

Given the same start in life as Windsor &Co, I'm sure many of the smoking, drinking, JCP props, would have 'made good'.

dont get riled osdest..get even...click on user cp..go to edit ignore list..type in posters name..and hey ho you dont have to read any of the rubbish anymore...its so empowering...wish i had known bout it before....
dont get riled osdest..get even
Nah, not getting annoyed I enjoy a bit of cut and thrust, I got plenty of practice over on the now defunct it seems Indus delta forum, it looks like they gave up under the overwhelming volume of 'negative' post from the likes of me :madgrin:

Edit,

lo and behold I have just found out that Indus delta is accepting comments again yipeeeee!

Corruptissima re publica plurimae leges

Being poor is like being a Pelican. No matter where you look, all you see is a large bill.

/Antone steps out of the debate and dons moderater hat

This has been an interesting debate, and I've enjoyed participating, so I'd hate to have to shut it down. That said:

Where we do allow debates to take place on this forum, we absolutely insist that members treat each other with civility. Also, we do not allow members to insult or abuse benefit claimants or DWP staff. There are some posts in the thread that tread very close to the line on both of these issues.

These rules are in place to protect the forum, and to allow it to perform its primary function, which is the provision of non-judgemental benefit advice to people with problems. What we don't want is for a new person to arrive, only to be greeted by the sight of one bunch of regulars throwing buns at another bunch of regulars, and a third bunch of regulars calling benefit claimants "poopy heads".

With this in mind, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled debate.

• Haha 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

Guest amianne
/Antone steps out of the debate and dons moderater hat

This has been an interesting debate, and I've enjoyed participating, so I'd hate to have to shut it down. That said:

Where we do allow debates to take place on this forum, we absolutely insist that members treat each other with civility. Also, we do not allow members to insult or abuse benefit claimants or DWP staff. There are some posts in the thread that tread very close to the line on both of these issues.

These rules are in place to protect the forum, and to allow it to perform its primary function, which is the provision of non-judgemental benefit advice to people with problems. What we don't want is for a new person to arrive, only to be greeted by the sight of one bunch of regulars throwing buns at another bunch of regulars, and a third bunch of regulars calling benefit claimants "poopy heads".

With this in mind, I'll return you to your regularly scheduled debate.

Thanks, I too have enjoyed this thread. I am aware that I have been lambasted over some of my comments, but that is what a forum is for - to air different opinions and suggestions.

Thanks, I too have enjoyed this thread. I am aware that I have been lambasted over some of my comments, but that is what a forum is for - to air different opinions and suggestions.

It's fine to air opinions and discuss them politely. It's not fine to refer to hoodies hanging out at the JCP with cans of lager. I accept that people may genuinely hold these sorts of opinions, and it's a free country (sort of) and all that, but we only allow debate that doesn't interfere with our primary goals.

I intentionally didn't single anyone out in my previous post - let's all be courteous.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

4) Further evidence from across the pond is that the few hardcore boozers and druggies affected will simply sell their EBT credit for 75 or so pence on the pound, and then use the cash to buy booze.

Do you know if these new vouchers will be personal or transferable? In which case I'd be very glad to make some money by buying them for 75 to 100.

"Ask not what your country can do for you, ask what you can do for Poundland"

Do you know if these new vouchers will be personal or transferable? In which case I'd be very glad to make some money by buying them for 75 to 100.

This is still theoretical in the UK, so I can't give you a definitive answer. In the US, EBT cards (food stamps) are not transferrable as such. You use the card at the checkout, just like it was a debit card. I'll leave it to the reader to figure out how a [problem] might operate, but operate they do. Easily and frequently.

Edit to add: Ouch! Caught out by the languange filters twice in one day. I am a bad, bad moderator. To determine what I meant, replace [problem] with "racket".

Just an aside, I'm thinking a voucher system would be a real boost for the home brew industry. A bit of fruit, a bit of sugar, a bit of fermentation ... :D

[amianne: I haven't forgotten the comments re ESA50, just where we were posting! Checked my form for 2009 and you're right there, it doesn't ask for further medical evidence. But neither does it eschew it. I'm yet to wander through my DWP letters file ...]