• Tweets

• How was the "receiver" appointed and what is their role? Appointed by the lender under the terms of their security on the loan (sometimes referred to as "LPA Receiver")? Or are they acting for you in insolveny? What's the current role of the agent?
    • Wait for more replies, but that letter to me can be interpreted as a letter before action. Ignoring it can have consequences. The court to impose sanctions for failure in responding to a letter of claim.
    • I'm still pondering/ trying to find docs re the above issue. Moving on - same saga; different issue I'm trying to understand what I can do: The lender/ mortgagee-in-possession has a claim v me for alleged debt. But the debt has only been incurred due to them failing to sell property in >5y. I'm fighting them on this.   I've been trying to get an order for sale for 2y.  I got it legally added into my counterclaim - but that will only be dealt with at trial.  This is really frustrating. The otherside's lawyers made an application to adjourn trial for a few more months - allegedly wanting to try sort some kind of settlement with me and to use the stay to sell.  At the hearing I asked Judge to expedite the order for sale. I pointed out they need a court-imposed deadline or this adjournment is just another time wasting tactic (with interest still accruing) as they have no buyer.  But the judge said he could legally only deal with the order at trial. The otherside don't want to be forced to sell the property.. Disclosure has presented so many emails which prove they want to keep it. I raised some points with the judge including misconduct of the receiver. The judge suggested I may have a separate claim against the receiver?   On this point - earlier paid-for lawyers said my counterclaim should be directed at the lender for interference with the receiver and the lender should be held responsible for the receiver's actions/ inactions.   I don't clearly understand that, but their legal advice was something to do with the role a receiver has acting as an agent for a borrower which makes it hard for a borrower to make a claim against a receiver ???.  However the judge's comment has got me thinking.  He made it clear the current claim is lender v me - it's not receiver v me.  Yet it is the receiver who is appointed to sell the property. (The receiver is mentioned/ involved in my counterclaim only from the lender collusion/ interference perspective).  So would I be able to make a separate application for an order for sale against the receiver?  Disclosure shows receiver has constantly rejected offers. He gave a contract to one buyer 4y ago. But colluded with the lender's lawyer to withdraw the contract after 2w to instead give it to the ceo of the lender (his own ltd co) (using same lawyer).  Emails show it was their joint strategy for lender/ ceo to keep the property.  The receiver didn't put the ceo under any pressure to exchange quickly.  After 1 month they all colluded again to follow a very destructive path - to gut the property.  My account was apparently switched into a "different fund" to "enable them to do works" (probably something to do with the ceo as he switched his ltd co accountant to in-house).   Interestingly the receiver told lender not to incur significant works costs and to hold interest.  The costs were huge (added to my account) and interest was not held.   The receiver rejected a good offer put forward by me 1.5y ago.  And he rejected a high offer 1y ago - to the dismay of the agent.  Would reasons like this be good enough to make a separate application to the court against the receiver for an order for sale ??  Or due to the main proceedings and/or the weird relationship a borrower has with a receiver I cannot ?
    • so a new powerless B2B debt DCA set up less than a month ago with a 99% success rate... operating on a NWNF basis , but charging £30 to set up your use of them. that's gonna last 5mins.... = SPAMMERS AND SCAMMERS. a DCA is NOT a BAILIFF and have  ZERO legal powers on ANY debt - no matter WHAT its type. dx      
    • Migrants are caught in China's manufacturing battles with the West, as Beijing tries to save its economy.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Horsebox with rotten flooring covered up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4306 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I am in need of help please.

Story goes, I bought a 3.5 horsebox from a guy who converts small used wagons into horseboxes approximately 12months ago paid £10,500 punds in cash.

About 2 weeks ago. on loading my horse onto the wagon to go to a horse show., as i was about to shut up the ramp, my horses hoof went through the floor. luckly as she is not a panicky horse she pull it back through the floor.

after unloading the horse on close inspection of the floor, i found that the base floor of the wagon was rotten and crumbling there was a block of wood 6inches by 2 inches which has appeared to be hammered in to the outer side of the rotten wood. This block of wood I found on the ground under the hole the horses foot had made I am of the belief that this wood had been hammered in to keep the rotten floor together.

There was a quarter ply wood sheets over this area that the horse would stand on. This wood is far to thin to support the weight of a horse. Anybody who knows anything about horsebos floors know that these must be of a minimum of threequarte ply wood sheets.

I have been driving around with my horse in a potential death trap and have I been driving find the thought of the consequences to the welfare of my horse extremely upsetting.

I telephoned the guy who converted the horsebox and informed him of the incident. He innforms me that the van was sold to me as seen. I told me that I disagreed that I could not have seen the rotten floor as it was covered with rubber matting. He told me that he has bought the wagon with the floor already down and that it was nothing to do with him. I asked him to repair the floor, ie replace it with the proper standard flooring, or I would have the floor replaced and send him the bill He stated that he would think about it and get back to me.

He has not got back to me, even though I have tested him to make arrangedmentfor him to view the damaged floor.

I have now lost entry fees for shows as I had pre-booked the classes and also had to pay somebody else to transpost my horses.

What can I do please? any advice please as to what I can do?

Thank you

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

Buy a dog instead! :-)

PMSL!:-D

In all fairness OP, If its nearly a year since you bought it then repairs are down to you. I'm not a horsey person but would of thought that the inherrent dampness involved in horse pee and poo combined with the associated washing would of meant the rubber flooring should of been taken up periodically to dry out the wood. In which case you would of noticed this problem in the first month if it was being properly maintained.

PMSL!:-D

In all fairness OP, If its nearly a year since you bought it then repairs are down to you. I'm not a horsey person but would of thought that the inherrent dampness involved in horse pee and poo combined with the associated washing would of meant the rubber flooring should of been taken up periodically to dry out the wood. In which case you would of noticed this problem in the first month if it was being properly maintained.

Happy to keep some posters amused. Had I been driving on the motorway the horse's hoof would have been dragged along the road with faltal consequences to the horse. I would have been unaware until the horse started thrashing about..

The floor was sealed down with rubber matting, which was glued down to the wood and was cleaned out after every outing. When the incident happened I ripped up the rubber matting and the first layer of wood sheet was not rotten, didn't have a mark on it, it was just too thin to support the weight of a half ton horse, it was the floor under that that was rotten and dry rot at that My arguement is that to convert a lorry into a horse box, the guy who sold it should have ensured that it was safe to transport horses. To cover up an original floor which was rotten and unsafe, with thin wood which was also unsafe and then glue down rubber matting on the top nd sell it to someone who buys it in good faith that it is sold fit for purpose I consider it was not safe, but it took me a year to find this out..

If any of my posts are helpful, please feel free to click my scales. All information is given as my opinion only, based on my own personal experiences. I have no legal training, but have educated myself in aspects of consumer legislation. My motto "NEVER GIVE IN, NEVER SURRENDER", THERE IS A WAR ON YOU KNOW

I'll try and be a bit more sympathetic than the previous poster.

Does the guy you bought the box from convert these as a business and/or is he a trader? If yes, you should have an avenue to persue.

Hello sailor sam,

Thanks for you post. The guy does this as a business, but I do not think he is registered, He has made quite a few of these conerted horseboxes.Think I will ring trading standards and see if they can advise

It all sepndes on how long ago you bought it really.

I can't see much happening if it was more than 6 mnoths ago, however if only fairly recently then you will have case.

Dreadful really that a rogue seller would put an innocent animal's life at risk.

But if it's been 6 mnoths + he'll just say it was ok when it left him, don't know where yuo've parked it, spilled anythng on it etc., could be hard to pursue.

Good luck anyway

Hello sailor sam,

Thanks for you post. The guy does this as a business, but I do not think he is registered, He has made quite a few of these conerted horseboxes.Think I will ring trading standards and see if they can advise

To get to trdaing standards you will have to through CAB, this link may help; http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/your_world/consumer_affairs/cars_buying_a_secondhand_car_e.htm#you_bought_the_vehicle_from_a_dealer

as it's been more than 6 months ago, the onus is not on the seller to prove that the 'defect' was not present at the point of sale, it does not necessarily mean that that you do not have a case to pursue though. But you would have to show that the floor had been bodged when you bought it which sounds like it was to me.

Strange story this one methinks. Firstly, the type of original flooring used may well depend on what lorry was originally used for. Proper haulage vehicles use a timber called "Keroin" or similar word. This lasts for years in the wet. Other vehicles, say on delivery work may well have flooring of exterior grade ply wood or grp or a compound. If it's dry rot i'm not sure that it may have been obvious to truck converter. The reason the rubber was glued down was to form a seal to prevent the horses wash from penetrating the wood underneath causing it to rot prematurely. It would take a fair weight in terms of pounds per square inch to penetrate the rubber and the thin plywood even if the original flooring had a small part missing. the defective area would have to be considerable for this to occur.