style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4308 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I live with my mum in a rented apartment and suffer from severe agoraphobia and anxiety. I can barely leave the house and when it's time for inspections i get terrible panic attacks that it takes me days to recover from.

I've just heard that the owner wants to sell the apartment and wants to arrange viewings.

Is there anyway i can stop the viewings from happening as i know its going to cause me a lot of distress to have strangers coming into my only safe place in the world and looking at my things.

Yes you can, but LL/agent has a right to do periodic inspections only or for repairs. All other times by your agreement.

Has the LL or agent given you notice or are they selling with you as sitting tenants.

How on earth can you sell a property if the tenants wont let you show peospective buyers around? I cannot see anyone buying somthing that they havent seen. If this is the case no wonder there is a lack of decent rental properties around.

What on earth is wrong with acting in a reasonable manner with your LL.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

sarenility, if you/mum want to stay in LLs good books, then allow estate agent in to measure up, but no photo's of T possessions. Negotiate with LL to allow accompanied viewings, with advance 48hr Notice, at times convenient to you/mum eg between 2 & 4pm on one weekday and 1 day at weekend. Any purchaser COULD become your new LL, so worth checking them out?

You can deny LL/LA access for viewings, but that may not stop interested parties knocking on your door. You could temp change access door lock to enforce your wishes to prevent LL?LA access, but a flat denial of any viewings will not endear Ts to LL, resulting in an early s21 to seek repossession.

Mariner is offering very sound commonsense advice, I think if you want to continue living in the appartment then you must be reasonable, to be honest if i were the LL and wanted to sell and the tenant wouldnt let me show prospective buyers around I would be looking at giving you notice to quit, I think you have to remember that the LL has to make a living and the property is a business to him, and who wants a cheesed off LL to deal with?

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Oh dear, the advice being given is correct of course, but OP requested advice on her particular point.

We have had no further response from OP so dont know how far this has gone, did ask if she had been given any notice.

Maybe LL wants to sell with tenants insitu? we dont know.

I think I would be a bit miffed if the LL wanted to sell, had not discussed it with me and was going to send Agents, prospective buyers around etc. and then tell me to leave!

We dont know yet what the actual situation is!

The response was to to the OP particular problem and her rights!

At the end of the day The OP must take a view on her response to any LL requests for viewing and how that would affect her relationship with the LL.

We await response/up date from OP.