Lowells have brought my vodafone debt - help **awaiting op update**

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I hope everyone is well.

Lowell has bought my debt off Vodafone for an amount of £420.

Although, this is unfair since i don't agree with Vodafone on this amount at the first place.

Lowell has been posting letters to my address and sending me TXT messages.

May i ask how did they get both my address and my phone number since both of the were not with Vodafone as this is my new address.

Is that a breach of Privacy?

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys

prob from your CRA file.

tell us about the vodaone debt.

we have them onboard here too..

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Ha ha lowlifes flogging a dead horse again!

The text messages can be dealt with easily,

If your with Orange, O2, & T-mobile forward the SMS to 7726

Vodafone forward the SMS to 87726

Three forward the SMS to 37726.

If they send any of their immature missives reply with this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?426-A-letter-when-the-account-has-been-passed-to-another-debt-collection-agency

Lee from Vodafone will be able to help you with this one.

• Haha 1

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Thank you man .. well it's an unpaid Vodafone bill of 420 .. it's been 2 years .. i'm a student and it's impossible to pay this amount.. They just TXT me today saying its important to call us back today.. What do you advice man?

follow this:

We thought it would be nice to introduce ourselves and to assure you all that our presence on CAG is with the very best of intentions.

vodafone UK has recently introduced a dedicated Web Relations Team which is keen to seek out customers who’re having difficulties with their accounts and feel that they have no other place to turn to than CAG and other consumer forums and blogs.

Naturally, it’s not possible for us to help directly with account specific queries on CAG and as such we would encourage those members who feel we can help them to contact us privately at [email protected] quoting ‘WRT135 – CAG Forum’ in the subject line.

When emailing us we would also ask that you either provide us with a link to your post or thread – if you’ve posted in another member’s thread please also provide your CAG username so that we can check what your query is.

Many thanks

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Don't call them ; you won't be able to rely on anything they say, and it will only encourage them.

Write to them, stressing:

a) You dispute the amount they are claiming (or, if it is the case, that you dispute you owe them anything at all!)

b) you require them to send you proof of what they claim you owe, including an itemised breakdown of how they have arrived at that sum,

c) that you will not communicate by 'phone, and that you require them to stop sending you texts or calling, and that they should communicate with you in writing only.

After that (& there are some template letters that can help), ignore (but keep!) any texts. If they call you, don't go through "account security" ; tell them "I've asked for communication by letter only, & don't discuss personal financial matters over the phone", especially where someone has called you, so you can't be sure who it is calling.

no its the same bloke at the next desk but in a diff skirt

dx

and they

Bazzas is correct

They will also wrote to you under different names such as Red Debt Collection and Hamptons Legal, the latter designed to make you think that they have passed the case to solicitors when it's just the guy on the next desk

I believe I read a suggestion on CAG that it isn't necessarily a different desk, just different headed paper loaded into the printer.

Either way I'm not advocating debt avoidance, just being sure you only pay what you owe, if you owe anything at all.

My experience of Lowell / Red / Hamptons is based on what I've seen with my wife. She says (& I believe her, not just because she is my wife, but also because I've seen the replies and proof she has sent to the multiple DCA's her "account" has been passed between) that she doesn't owe a different mobile phone co. money regarding a "termination fee". They, apparently, feel she does.

We've invited them, based on what we've consistently said, to let a court decide, as repeatedly asking for them to prove their escalating demands has produced only ..... More demands,

Put them to proof of what they claim you owe.

If you don't owe them anything, pay nothing. Communicate by letter only, expect lots of bluff, demands & threats, but don't expect court papers, only the threat of such.

If you do owe money, pay what you owe, and only that, and only to whoever currently owns the debt. If you do actually owe something, you'll need to find out how much, and if it is still owed to Voda (if Lowell are acting for Voda & any sum is still owed to Voda, , or if Lowell's have purchased an alleged debt from Voda & any sum due is due to them).

Would I believe Lowell or the first person from Voda's contact centre? Not based on what I've seen on CAG.

Would I involve Lee the Voda Rep on CAG (by the means stated by a previous poster)? Absolutely!

Good luck!

• Haha 1

I would say "cancellation fees" would be hard to collect in a court. They should only ask for what it has cost them with no profit element for a breach of contract. If I found myself in this situation, I would not consider any payment unless all negative entries from my credit file were removed.

If in doubt, contact a qualified insured legal professional (or my wife... she knows EVERYTHING)

Or send a cheque or postal order payable to Reclaim the Right Ltd.

to

923 Finchley Road London NW11 7PE

Click here if you fancy an email address that shows you mean business! (only £6 and that will really help CAG)

If you can't donate, please use the Internet Search boxes on the CAG pages - these will generate a small but regular income for the site

Please also consider using the

C.A.G. Toolbar

Hi mac-user,

As has been suggested already could you email me with the details relating to the account in question via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line?

Once sent you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that it reaches me could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as quickly as I can?

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

• Haha 1