Beepers vs Smile

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 5214 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Hello all!

I have just made a welcome post in the welcome section. This is my first SMILE section post and it is to let you all know that I am about to start the process of getting back my money.

I spoke to SMILE on the phone this morning and told them of my intentions. The guy on the other end was pretty helpful and told me I'd probably get the money back pretty quickly and without much trouble. He sounded a bit resigned. :rolleyes:

Anyway, SMILE have very kindly blocked my online account until Tuesday when a payment to my credit card is cleared. On Tuesday I will be sending a secure message request (as advised to do by the guy on the phone) for my 6 years worth of statements according to all the advice given here.

Wish me luck.

When and if I get my money back I will be more than happy to make a donation to this site because without it I would never have known about this procedure. The banks like to keep this one quiet eh?

THANKYOU C.A.G.!!!

Hi beepers and welcome!

It's a pity you didn't have a telephone recorder for that conversation Boy, would we like to hear that one!

Regarding the secure messaging system, it's entirely your choice, but i would not use this method of comunication. I personally use the good old Royal Mail Recorded Delivery. You get proof of posting and if you send by "Signed For" you also get proof of receipt. It can also be quicker than secure messaging because it has been known for them to take over 10 days to respond. They could also say, that although you have sent the message, they didn't actually recive it. To be fair, i haven't seen any posts which have made this complaint as of yet.

This is not to say secure messaging doesn't work or isn't suitable. It is just my opinion. Best of luck to you and keep us posted on your developments.

Regards,

Colin.

Lloyds: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Preliminary Sent

Stayed- Awaiting further developments with new test cases!

Mint C/Card: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Preliminary Sent

Stayed - Awaiting further developments with new test cases!

ENDEAVOUR PPI: Started

SAR Sent & Received

Gone pear shaped! See HERE

I love when they sound "resigned" on the telephone. More and more of them now are sounding like that. They have also removed my online access!

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !

Hello Beepers,

Welcome!

Definatly agree with Colin on the secure message thing. They take ages to respond now (if at all), even when I sent them a recorded delivery they denied knowledge of receiving it until I gave them the recorded delivery number, so stick with the recorded delivery.

Like he said, they will pay up. I've just received £3k of a £4k claim, still claiming the remainder of it!

Good luck and keep us posted.

<(o.o)> Smackbat

:) Smile.co.uk - £4,400 WON 12/10/06

:)Smile.co.uk - £156 WON Feb 07

:)Smile.co.uk - £280 WON 25/06/07

:mad: Egg PLC - £3,420.72 - Defence filed 24/06/07

:? Alliance & Leicester - DPR Request sent

:? Woolich PLC - To Start

Thanks all - I will take your advice and send the letter recorded delivery as well as secure messaging.

I hate the their tactic of blocking accounts online. I emailed them and asked them to unblock it as without that facility I couldn't pay the credit card (both my credit card AND bank account are with Smile so I do a direct transfer). I explained in the email that I was not available on the phone and they emailed me back asking me to phone them!:roll:

Anyway, will keep you informed.

Thanks everyone!

Ooh yeah - I forgot to ask - any recommendations for a parachute account please? I don't have a lot of income so it has to be a bank that will accept this. I only want an account that I can arrange direct debits from and have a debit card with.

Thanks!

Basic Natwest one seems fairly good! :)

BOS

Claim No.3 for £589.75+8%, Decree received, Sheriffs Officers instructed to serve a charge 21/4!

Claim No.4:- claiming £1507.00, Court Papers submitted 5/4 !