not registered keeper, insurance void

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4216 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I was involved in an accident a month ago, probably my fault. My car is a total loss. I have sent in the V5 etc and the insurance company are querying the registered keeper. When I filled in the policy application online I indicated that I was the RK, as it turns out the RK is infact in the name of the business, which I am a partner of. How do I stand?

Not very well I would imagine. Sorry to say that you must make sure all the I's are dotted and T's are crossed when disclosing information to insurance co's. They have a nasty habit of not paying out if you don't. If the car was registered in your business name then the next thing they will want to know if you had business use cover.

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Hi Sailor Sam,

Thanks for your reply. Yes I am not a ltd company and the car has never been used for business. I pay for the fuel, insurance etc. It just so happens that on the v5 document the business is the registered keeper and owner. They can see by the annual mileage

Have they indicated that there is a problem?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

They are querying why the car is registered to a business and not to me, I have replied that this was an innocent mistake and in no way an intentional non disclosure. It is now with them to make a decision

Mmm, keep us posted.

Please Note

Good news, let us know when you actually get the cheque.

Please Note

If you and the business are the same said thing then there should be no problem. It only becomes a problem when it is registered to a limited company as they are treated as a seperate legal entity.

• 2 months later...