Halifax morgage repayment charges

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3698 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Morning all,

Went to court a few weeks ago for a reposession hearing on my house, judge granted it at £81203.00.

I have been very lucky in sofar as i managed to find a buyer that has agreed to let me stay in the property for a year minimum, providing i agreed to a lower sale price (87500).

Based upon the fogures given at court i agreed and am just about to exchange contracts, but the halifax have decided to add on nearly £4000 in early repayment charges, leaving me with nothing.

Going on the figures given at court, i have requested these be waived as the origional ammount was misleading and not a true representation of the final ammount owed??

anyone else got an opinion??

You don't give much detail so it is difficult to comment. however, if your sales deal is good for you then best to get it signed up and binding and attack Halifax for charges afterwards - if you find that you have a basis to complain.

You don't give much detail so it is difficult to comment. however, if your sales deal is good for you then best to get it signed up and binding and attack Halifax for charges afterwards - if you find that you have a basis to complain.

Thanks for reply, the problem i have is that due to the charges being imposed i am going to be left with pretty much nothing, not even enough to pay estate agents fees etc as i took these into account when agreeing the price of the sale.