Bank Charges - How Do I Pursue

jb1985
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4317 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Hope someone can help here?

My background is simple. I am on a DMP with Payplan repaying £44k of debt. £2900 relates to HSBC debt which is now been sold on to Metropolitan Collection Services. The original debt was near £4k

In 2009 I wrote to HSBC asking for a refund of bank charges. Between 03/04/08 and 06/03/09 they charged me a total 0f £650 in bank charges. I was going through severe financial difficulty. My wife fell pregnant and with complications couldnt work, then fell quickly pregnant again and could claim any maternity allowance. I racked up these charges and a large overdraft with HSBC which was rolled up into a managed loan. Interest was 16.9%! But i was desperate so went with it. Some time later (2011) i entered my DMP and now pay the agency through paypln.

Whilst clearing out some old paperwork, I stumbled across a letter detailing the charges and that HSBC wouldnt pursue this further. THis was dated 19th June 2009. At the time I didnt pursue it any further because of all my other debt issues.

I am now wanting to take this up - I have succesful PPI claims across a number of my debts which is reducing the outstanding debt balance significantly (approx £5k to come off!) - With interst the £650 would be around £900 - a third of my outstanding balance.

I cant find anything anywhere on how to pursue this further - its clear i was in financial hardship but at the time they didnt want to listen.

Can someone please please please help? If needed i can upload the letter

Edit - would the money be paid to me as the accounts close and with an agency if succesful?

Metropolitan ARE HSBC, just another desk across the room so to speak.

claiming charges is pretty much on hold at the mo. altho some have had success with RBS link here

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

What ever you do keep copies of all letters on this subject for possible later use against HSBC, do not loose them and any correspondence send Registered Delivery and attach the signed receipt- high lighting the date and Recorded Delivery Number & siggy for later use as most receipts fade in time,/

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: