Bt - help!!!! - fraud?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok, we have Bt vision at home well we did! had worked fine charged between 30-40 a month for bt vision (TV), broadband and calls, so bill fluctuates depends on calls but never over £40! on sunday went to record a program on our bt vision and record facility wouldnt work, tried lots of ways wouldnt work, called BT talked through lots of options told to reset the system loosing everything recorded etc. BT said they would call back in an hour as reset takes a while, no-one called back!System wiped it still wouldnt work as no-one called we called BT again reporting the issue and told their was a problem with our account (been cancelled) we checked bank statements etc funds had been taken so asked why it had been cancelled to be told it had been cancelled on the 22nd june 2012 by a staff member at BT, i stated i hadnt called in to cancel it etc and this was confirmed by the BT staff member, infact the BT staff confirmed i hadnt made any contact with BT and the cancellation was all internal by a BT member of staff and i had made no contact (which i knew) I asked who had done this and on whos authority they only said it was an internal issue and wouldnt name the person.I then fished further and was told my account had been upgraded to BT infinity on the 22nd june again internally by a BT member of staff with NO communication or authority from myself.!I checked my bank statement with my bank and the direct debit to BT first opportunity monday to be told £118:62 had been take by BT on checking my online BT bill I had been invoiced for an Infinity upgrade and equipment, not that ive had any equipment etc, So another call to BT and again told that it appears to be a training issue, I hadnt requested the upgrade had made NO communication and they would call back tuesday between 4.30pm at 8pm i expressed concern that no-one would call and was re-assured they would, no-one called! I called again and was told it was being investigated I said ok not my problem please refund me asap and conduct your investigation in your own time its of no interest to meAgain promised a call back by BT again nothing!What can i do and what laws are they breaking?Think a strict letter in order but to whom and what laws can i quote as everytime you call you get through to a call centre in india where they obviously just take calls for all manner of customers and have no knowledge whatsoever.

Hi it's really not beneficial to start quoting laws etc, Just formulate

FORMAL COMPLAINT to THE CEO

lay out exactly was has happened clearly and concisely, days, date and times,

names iof BT staff tou have spoken to.

Then lay down what you expect them to do to remedy the situation.

You'll get far better results this way.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Who have you been speaking to,customer (dis) services who have

no power or inclination to get things right?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

well complaints department there complaints deparment were due to call me back still havent this has been on-going since sunday, they should be prosecuted under trade descriptions act, british telecom? not much british going on..... it seems all BT do is pass the buck, but admit there in the wrong then do nothing about it its so frustrating in my business customer service is key, shame BT dont practise the same

Go for Ian Livingstone address the letter Strictly Private and Confiential

and send RD.