• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

*** CASE WON - LLOYDS/TSB, Diabetes Mis-sell Claim ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies & Gents,

I received an offer from Lloyds/TSB last week, although it says 'offer' it does look to be approximately what I expected.

I posted Lloyds for my SAR back in April as I've been banking with them for around 15 years during which I've taken out 5 loans. The first 4 were with PPI which were recommended and sold to me despite the fact I'm an insulin dependent Diabetic of some 34 years. I received my SAR and sent of my claim in May.

Last week a letter arrived from Lloyds saying

"as our final response we are offering you a payment of £8,865.

This represents a refund of all the PPI premiums paid (inclusive of interest), plus simple interest at 8% which is then adjusted by other factors that are relevant to your circumstances.

For example , if you have already received a partial refund of your PPI premiums, then these will be deducted from the overall payment."

A full breakdown of the calculations was provided - THE MONEY WAS IN MY ACCOUNT THE DAY I RECEIVED MY LETTER.

To be honest I'm chuffed though surprised as I still have a loan with Lloyds

(they tried selling me PPI with that but they REFUSED ME EVEN THOUGH I DECLINED THE OFFER IN THE FIRST PLACE).

I made sure this was pointed out to them in my claim letter.

I also have a claim with Lloyds/TSB for my Credit Card, this is being dealt with seperately and as yet I haven't received an offer. This is around £350 before interest.

I've also had good news from both Halifax and MBNA Virgin both for Credit Cards, so at last things are looking up.

If readers will allow me to hand out a bit of advice to those new to claiming I would recommend -

* sending for an SAR first,

I have had 3 refusals and 1 (low) offer so far but as I had nothing to refer to I'm now having to wait for my details before I go to the Ombudsman or Court.

It also helps you to sort your arguments out beforehand, banks are less likely to turn down a well reasoned argument using details received with your SAR.

Sadly I've learnt this a little too late.

* Secondly, don't be put off by claims which go back over the 6 year 'limit'.

Both my Debenhams & Burtons claims although declined (for now) they did not say anything about the length of time since my accounts were closed (both 8 years).

In fact my Debenhams refusal came with a copy of my application form from 1997. Strange how they can find the information when it suits them.

* Third, research your claim.

As stated above including your SAR info use this CAG Forum and any other internet searches to back your argument up before making your claim.

* Finally, DON'T GIVE UP!!!

The worst part is the waiting but if you do get a refusal or an offer lower than you were expecting, read their reasons for the refusal/offer, research some more and go back.

They are hoping we give in and plenty have done which simply encourages them to continue doing so.

Lecture over, good luck everyone :whoo:

Tenmen10

Halifax Credit Card - WON - £295.00

Lloyds/TSB Loan/s - WON - £8,865

MBNA Virgin Credit Card - WON - £487.00

RBS/Style Store Card - OFFER MADE - Awaiting SAR as offer seems too low!

Barclaycard Visa & Mastercard - 2 LETTERS SENT, NO REPLIES RECEIVED. Researching claim, due to contact FOS.

Egg Credit Card - CLAIM REFUSED - Non-advised sale, PPI not required for sale, full T&C's provided! - Awaiting SAR

Santander Burtons Store Card - CLAIM REFUSED - Telesale, advisor explained main features, PPI chosen - AWAITING SAR

Santander Debenhams Store Card - CLAIM REFUSED - Tick for PPI on Agreement, I didn't, 30-day review, non-advised sale - AWAITING SAR

HFC - Loan for TV Purchase - Awaiting claim reply

CitiFinancial - Loan - Awaiting claim reply

Well done. Lloyds have shown that they are disreputable bank - in keeping with the rest - and that they have their snouts in the trough.

I am sure that there are many more poeple who haven't claimed yet and who will be encouraged to do so.

• Confused 1

were your subsequent loans refinanced ones

i hope they took that into account too

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Well done for persevering and for your eventual success :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi dx100uk,

yes it looks as though they have taken my refinanced loans into account, on the breakdown page there is a section which explains the loans which were refinanced. I'll look deeper into that, the fact that it has been mentioned reassures me somewhat that it has been done correctly - or maybe I'm just too trusting?! You've got me thinking now

One thing I am doing is contacting them to pay off some of the (non insured) loan I currently have with them, I'm surprised they didn't take it off anyway but it suits me as things are so once I get a reply regarding my Lloyds/TSB Credit Card/s I'll contact them.

Now its time to deal with my refusals/non replies. The hard work starts here I think!

Tenmen10

:madgrin: Cheers BankFodder,

could you please send me details of how to make a donation, the work you guys on this do is invaluable,

regards

Tenmen10

If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen and look to the right - you will see a grey oblong box with a red border.. just under the reply box.. just click on that and a new window will open :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D