• Tweets

• I can only speak from personal experience. But a similar thing happened to me. Seriously dented door.  I made the other insurance pay. They regarded it as a write off. Took the money, replaced the door. Never heard anything more about it.    Except clearly someone sold my details to claims company, because I got loads of calls in bad English for a few month's 
    • The incident was 03rd March 2024 - and that was the only letter that I have received from MET 15th April 2024 The charge I paid was at the Stansted Airport exit gate (No real relevance now - I thought this charge was for that!!).   Here is the content of email to them (Yes I know I said I was the driver !!!!) as said above -  I thought this charge was for that!! "Stansted Airport" Dear “To whom it may concern” My name is ??  PCN:  ?? Veh Reg: Date of Incident: 03rd March 2024 I have just received a parking charge final reminder letter, dated 10th April 2024 - for an overstay.  This is the first to my knowledge of any overstay. I am aware that I am out of the 28 days, I don’t mean to be rude, this feels like it is a scam My movements on this day in question are, I pulled into what looked like a service station on my way to pick my daughter and family up from Stansted airport. The reason for me pulling into this area was to use a toilet, so I found Starbucks, and when into there, after the above, I then purchased a coffee. After which I then continued with my journey to pick my daughter up. (however after I sent this email I remember that Starbucks was closed so I then I walked over to Macdonalds) There was no signs about parking or any tickets machines to explains about the parking rules. Once at Stansted, I entered and then paid on exit.  So Im not show where I overstayed my welcome.. With gratitude    
    • Just to enlarge on Dave's great rundown of your case under Penalty. In the oft quoted case often seen on PCNs,  viz PE v Beavis while to Judges said there was a case for claiming that £100 was a penalty, this was overruled in this case because PE had a legitimate interest in keeping the car park free for other motorists which outweighed the penalty. Here there is no legitimate interest since the premises were closed. Therefore the charge is a penalty and the case should be thrown out for that reason alone.   The Appeals dept need informing about what and what isn't a valid PCN. Dummies. You should also mention that you were unable to pay by Iphone as there was no internet connection and there was a long  queue to pay on a very busy day . There was no facility for us to pay from the time of our arrival only the time from when we paid at the machine so we felt that was a bit of a scam since we were not parked until we paid. On top of that we had two children to load and unload in the car which should be taken into account since Consideration periods and Grace periods are minimum time. If you weren't the driver and PoFA isn't compliant you are off scot free since only the driver is liable and they are saying it was you. 
    • Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x Thank you dx. I consider myself well and truly told :) x
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

taking old mortgage co. to court - moved to their local court?

iconoclash
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That is mere emphasis, not 'shouting' or 'undertones'. If there was a rolling eye emoticon, it would follow right here -->.:roll::roll:

Don't bother responding to me (I won't read it) - you clearly only want platitudes rather than accuracy and I won't waste any more of my time on nonsense.

Good luck.

Edited by citizenB
rolling eye emoticon added :)

Leah, have added :roll::roll: for you :)

Someone shifts the emoticons around during the night.. I am sure of it !!.. However, if not in those at the side, there is a full library of emoticons when you use the "advanced reply" button :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi - yes, this is still current.

It has been moved on a few times but was set up with GMAC originally.

Then sold to Oakwood.

Then sold to MTR.

The charges were made by Oakwood.

They are over and above the court order

I think it should be straightforward to take this back to the judge and ask that this be remedied.

My only problem is how to word that,

this is why i looked up civil fraud and saw that stuff about

"keeping what one is not entitled to"

but then also looked at restitution which might bemore applicable as it accounts for 'disorgement',

that is righting the wrong to the victim even is via a third party.

All companies have been written to and none will engage with me. thanks.

Have you sent any of them an SAR?

Are you saying that none of these companies will tell you what these charges are for? If they are stated as legal charges - has any recovery action taken place since the hearing?

Unless the charges relate to action taken before the previous court hearing i am not sure that the judges order will be relevant to any 'new' later charges. What was the wording of the court order?

If thse companies are refusing to deal with you, you may be better off complaining to the FOS, rather than taking legal action.

Hi - to add more info: there have been no more court hearings, these costs are the original ones that the judge threw out, we went through every invoice in the hearing and the figure was set - they have exceeded it. The lender who took the action (and not following mortgage pre-action protocols I might add) is Oakwood Homeloans and they keep giving me the runaround - the litigation stage is my claim fo redress which is ready to go into court as there is nothing else I can do now. Yes, checked with the new lender - they will not entertain anything that was done by others - they say they were given the transfer balance and thats that. I have given them their pre-lit letter and written so many other letters but they refuse to discuss it. Oh and it was a suspended repo order which they got and the next week they capitalised the arrears. I was so displeased with it all as they could have capitalised in the first place of course but in the end had a legal costs bill to me for more than the actual arrears. Ho Hum. So I have to make sure I am not being taken for even more money.

Sounds like civil fraud to me.....

Hi Brig - to be honest i think some of the actions of the site team, and other posters, on this thread have been not only uncalled for - but offensive.

I believe that the OP may be refering to charges that the OC has added to the account - depsite them being thrown out by the judge - see above that which i have highlighted in red. So the OP may be correct that these charges were before the judge at the hearing, but have been reinstated despite the order.

A failure to actually read the posts the op has made - and an arrogant and dimissive attitude by some, 'knowledgeable' posters seems to have exasberated the situation.

There appears to be no evidence that the charges referred to are for action after the hearing.

Edited by dadofholly

Hi - I try to be succinct and just give the relevant details as i know that i have not had any other court action and maybe at fault for assuming that if i havent specifically stated that, some might think it is a possibility but its sort of: 'what it says on the tin'. Plainly this company have had all the same court papers as me, they know the figures, but between their litigation teams and their customer care teams and their computer IT teams, they always manage to get it wrong. I have done SARS et al but cannot get them to refund the overcharges on the legals. Maybe they thought I wouldnt notice if they just stuck with the bills that the solicitors, Wragge & Co, gave them. (I have Wragges invoices) Maybe they already paid those invoices to Wragge and when the judge disallowed some of their claim they found themselves stuck with the costs and simply tried to pass them on to me. I'm guessing here but who knows what goes on in these companies..... I think I will fall on my sword

also, they date back to their court action against me, they tried to add everything and i spotted it, they removed some but not all, i spotted that and asked for the rest of the overcharges to be refunded, they then refunded those but added back in what they had previously been removed and then added some more. sorry, i didnt think it necessary to go into the nitty gritty of their crazy accounting and dont see it helps, just know that they still owe me overcharges that they describe as legal costs and court fees. Hope this helps. thanks.

Edited by iconoclash
typo

I agree with DOH. The wording on the court order is vital. If there has been more legal work after the hearing then perhaps they can justify it, but if it's all to do with the original hearing then I would say they're on a sticky wicket and would suggest going via the court.

But only if you're 100% sure the £7k is to do with the original case.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

• 3 months later...

Hi

I am having a few problems with issues out of Salford Court Services. I am being told that the defendant to my claim, which is a company, is being listed at their local court.

I thought that if an application requires a hearing and the defendant is is an "individual" then it could be heard local

but in my claim the defendant is not an individual, as it is my old mortgage company,

and so I dont know why it is listed some 200 miles from me.

I have rung Salford and they disagree.

Dont know what else to do now as I will not get the chance to show the judge that they are pulling a flanker on me

- they are trying to get my (default) judgement against them set aside.

If they achieve this I will be very cross and would have to start all over again,

and this has been winging round the system since March.

I just want what they owe me and it is very clear on my claim.

Any advice please.

Edited by iconoclash
typo

hi -

none whatsoever

- these are legal costs added to my old account over and above what was set by a judge

so it should be very clear in the hearing that they have overcharged me

- i also have their solicitors invoices from the time and

can easily show how the company that acted for them charged them more than what the court set for me to pay

- so

- the company have tried to pass that on to me despite being in breach of the previous court order.

I issued my claim, court sent it to them and they ignored it and me,

I wrote to them and rang them but they said it had nothing to do with them as they no longer hold my account

and I'm thinking, so what, what has that got to do with them overcharging me and then adding interest exactly.

I applied for judgement and got it and now they are backtracking and trying to get it thrown out

- they should surely not be able to

how can i be at a hearing that is so far from me?

How can a mortgage company be an individual but Salford seem to have it back to front and think that they are?

- I have written to Salford Court Service and told them that I want it transferred to me

and can only hope now that they do this.

Thanks for responding.

hi - back again - have i read your response too quickly and thinking the hearing will simply be set and then i am stuck with it? whats happens next? they say it is going to be listed shortly, but, if i read you right this time, the hearing would be listed and then they will send me a questionnaire?? thanks

hi - they have been paid the full as the money is in their statement of my account and was included in the redemption figures, so I have claimed back what i am owed and got judgement in default which they now seek to set aside- seems straight forward enough to me, except for this business about what court it should be in.....and in this regard the papers from court say:

"1. The matter be transferred to Bradford CC for hearing of the application. (thats their appl. to set aside)

2. Because this Order has been made on the application of a party without notice of the hearing being given, any other parties have the right to apply to have the order set aside, varied or stayed. A party making such an application must send or deliver the application to the court to arrive within seven days of service of this Order. If the application is one which requires a hearing, and

a) the party making the application is the Defendant; and b) the Defendant is an individual, then upon filing of the appl. the claim will be transferred to the Defendant's home court. In all other cases requiring a hearing the claim will be transferred to the preferred court."

So, how would you read that please?

Edited by iconoclash

• 4 months later...

I have spoken to my local Magistrates Court today to enquire about an application to suspend or cancell a Warrant of Entry.

Apparently they have never heard of this and know of no procedure. ?

Some CPR rules apply equally to Magistrates Court as they do to County Court, I would therefore have thought that this includes pre-action protocols?

The applicant has obtained a warrant with false information and I want to bring this to the attention of the Magistrates and contest. Any ideas? thanks

• 4 months later...

Update on my legal fees charged by Oakwood Homeloans Limited. I took them to court and got judgement against them. I requested a warrant to be enforced by the bailiffs and OHL tried to get my judgment set aside but they were out of time to respond. OHL then said that they had not had the documents and tried all sorts of things until finally realising that I was within my rights to claim back the costs that had been applied. Costs were set by a former court and could not be enhanced by them but it didn't stop them doing it. It took two years of arguing before I went the court route. I now have the final matter of interest that those costs attracted to be resolved.