style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4318 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

While our vehicle (Toyata Previa, 7 Seaters) was on motion, our 2 year old daughter was distressed on the baby seat at the back as the buckle came out of the plug and we had to make an emergency stop and parked towards the end of the zigzags. A car was parked in front at the end of the zigzag mark and the bus stop follows immediately after the car. I did not stop on the road and I avoided stopping by the zebra crossing. I did not want to stop at the bus stop neither.

My daughter was very distressed and I needed to act quickly to save her from falling or colliding. We did not open the car and did not come out of the car. My Partner just went to the back to put her through and safe. We immediately drove off and the stoppage was just within 1 minute.

The circumstance was beyond my control as it was necessary for me to stop to avoid injury or damage to my 2 yr. old daughter.

I was a given a PCN for this. Can I appeal and win it?

I made a representation which was rejected and I have the option to appeal or pay the fine.

I think that you should appeal on the specific facts but also on the basis of self-defence

What was the PCN for and can you give us the location please?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

The PCN was for stopping on a pedestrian crossing and/or crossing area marked by zigzags.

On the notice of rejection, it was written that, I quote " ... Vehicle was observed for 99 Stopped on a pedestrian crossing or crossing area marked by zigzags".

99 what?.

From the picture sent to me, the stopping was just for 10 seconds.

scan0041.jpg

I know we will get there in the end... the location please?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

I have attached the pictures for the location. It is in Hoe street E17

The images were too small to read the location. Looking at street view, there is an area marked with DYLs just beyond the bus stop and again after the junction with Livingstone Road you could of pulled over on. This will no doubt be an argument that the adjudicator would bring in should you progress it to that stage. Stopping on pedestrian crossing zig zags is very hard to challenge... you need to show that it was reasons totally beyond your control and as I see it, there was an alternative place for you to stop at. Personally I don't think it is worth risking the discount.

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Hoe+Street,+London+E17&hl=en&ll=51.577683,-0.014763&spn=0.017629,0.045447&oq=Hoe+street+E17+&hnear=Hoe+St,+London+Borough+of+Waltham+Forest,+London+E17,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=15&layer=c&cbll=51.576385,-0.015382&panoid=F8eBB2LGdNkU3Uzr1SXprw&cbp=12,98.01,,0,-6.37

Please Note

theres never any harm in an appeal but zigzags is a hard nut to crack. questions are the were 2 in the car why did the driver need to stop on a zigzag and how did the buckle come undone was the children not strapped in properly

:???: what me. never heard of you never had a debt with you.