Trader and reasonable time to fix

casper1963
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4313 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi a few weeks ago i purchesed a used land rover discovery 2000 model the very same day i noticed something dripping underneath had a mechanic take a look who discovered it was a diesel leak.

So i informed the trader and he told me to get a qoute. which i did he said it was to dear and he would get his mechanic to do great i thought he beig really helpfull, next day he text me for chassis no so could get part (apparently its a common fault so mechanic new what was needed).

Anyway 2 weeks on hes telling me the part is still on order.

Now my question is how long do i give him my local landrover people can get the part and do the repair within a few days .

regards casper

Edited by casper1963

I would find out from labeled how long it really takes to get the part.

Also ask them how long it would take to have the work done by them.

If they can do it quickly them quite to your trader and give him 5 days or you will have it repaired by the main dealer and look to him to pay the bill

I would find out from labeled how long it really takes to get the part.

Also ask them how long it would take to have the work done by them.

If they can do it quickly them quite to your trader and give him 5 days or you will have it repaired by the main dealer and look to him to pay the bill

Any chance of this being translated into English please?

Also do i have the right to ask for genuine landrover parts from reading on the internet i have read that the only reason he can do it much cheaper is by using an after market repair kit which isnt sanctioned by landrover rather than replaceing the whole unit (fuel pressure regulator)

The fuel pressure regulator is a common fault on the TD5. Its doubtful he is using a repair kit. A replacement one is under £80 which is of OEM quality. Surprised he hasn't got it yet. I can get the part mostly same day from my local motor factors.

Edited by popeyethesailortam

Also do i have the right to ask for genuine landrover parts from reading on the internet i have read that the only reason he can do it much cheaper is by using an after market repair kit which isnt sanctioned by landrover rather than replaceing the whole unit (fuel pressure regulator)

No you don't. It's a secondhand car, and if they wanted to be difficult they could quite legitimately fit a secondhand working part to it if they chose.

Or ask yuo for a contribution for 'betterment' if they use a new part.

As popeye said tho, most parts are available same day, I don't understand the delay

Hi casper

Have a read of page 24 onwards in the following link, there's a clear chart to follow page 28:- http://www.oft.gov.uk/shared_oft/rep...08/oft1241.pdf

cheers for that very interesting reading. And popeye he told me he could get the parts for about a tenner and do the whole job for £70 so not replaceing the regulator also according to landrover this is a mot failure so the vehicle in theory is un road worthey. hes also now not replying to my messages where do i go from here i will have get this fixed asap as leaking deisle is not a funny thing its expensive and dangerous

You must write to him recorded and ask what work he will be doing and what materials he will be using to rectify the fault and when the car will be ready for collection.

You can leave it at that until you get a reply and see what he says, or you can give him a deadline by which he must adhere.

Edited by Conniff