Car Parking Partnership "ticket"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4314 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yesterday I had to attend two appointments at Worcester hospital for treatment. I parked in a Disabled bay on the hospital grounds and displayed my blue badge. On my return about 1 1/2 hours later there was an envelope / bag stuck on my window. The envelope was yellow with "Penalty Charge Notice" written on it.

On opening the envelope / bag it contained a "warning notice". It was headed "Civil Parking Notice" and went on to say the following;

Notice of breach of parking conditions at Worcestershire Acute hospital issued by Car Parking Partnership. Goes on to state that it was issued by Civil Enforcement officer WAH01 and has reason Code WO1 "Parked without clearly displaying the required permit or pay and display ticket. This is a warning and no payment due."

None of the signs around the hospital indicate that the NHS, the Car Parking Partnership etc are linked to the local council. Surely if this ticket was issued by the Car Parking Partnership it would be unenforceable? Isn't it a bit naughty sticking it in a bag marked "Penalty Charge Notice".

I have no choice, but to attend these appointments otherwise I would be crippled up with constant pain and I was invited by the NHS onto their land.

Any thoughts on this matter for future reference?

You could report them to the BPA for wrongly using such words as "penalty charge notice" and "civil enforcement officer". Both against the BPA code of practice.

Personally I would write to the hospital administrators informing them that their parking agents appear to be misleading people who park on their property by using the term penalty. You could of course refer them to the BPA code of Practice(For what it's worth). It is possible that they will raise the issue with their contractor. I would of course request a written response.

AS for writing to the BPA , I wouldn't waste the price of a stamp as they are controlled by the people they represent and conveniently state that they don't deal with individual complaints.

If you go down this route could you please post up the response for the purpose of collating information on these companies.

I have in my possesion a number of letters that follow up invoices using terms such as offence and penalty from various companies. This type of information is always usefull should anyone need supportive evidence in the event of any future court action.

Edited by Crocdoc