Carnet ticket fare dodging

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4293 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Dear all,

I've been fined on a first capital connect train (and I've paid on the spot) for travelling with a carnet ticket on the wrong direction (using the return ticket instead). This was a genuine mistake.

However, the inspector spotted in my wallet (and confiscated) a couple of old tickets; they have been used few times in the past (and he realized that the handwritten date was cancelled and rewritten). he tooked my details on an notebook, and wrote beside them "fake carnet." he also tooked note of a travel card, (that I've used for opening the gates, avoiding to stamp the tickets and then reuse them).

In a nutshell, although i did not attempt to travel with those tickets reused, they clearly might have evidences that I've been intentionally dodging the train fares for a couple of months.

I was doing this to mitigate the ticket high costs, but now I would just get it right,

Can you please help to understand the possible scenarios and how to act accordingly?

I would try anything possible to avoid any criminal record..

I would appreciate any suggestions (for blaming i am already doing very well on my own :behindsofa:)

Thanks guys.

C.

we are not here to judge, however, neither are CAG here to condone or assist........

your best bet is to await the letter that WILL come.

and deal & be honest with what you are charged with.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...