Jump to content


BankFodder BankFodder

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2769 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

Recommended Posts



Thank you for all the wonderful advice you have given me inadvertently as I have browsed the forum. I wonder if you have any advice for this...


We are currently in dispute with a car dealer as our engine needs rebuilding only 10weeks after buying the car. :-x It seems as if we are heading towards the Small Claims Court as he just keeps whittering about how we aren't covered under warranty. A business friend of my husband looked the company up and found that this business isn't registered under their trading name, or place of business. He says that it will be registered, but under an unrelated name, and a different address so that if needs be they can disappear from there and pop up trading under a different name somewhere else.


My questions are:


1) If I file a small claims can I do it under his trading name, or do I have to know the name he is under at companies house?


2) How likely is he to disappear if I instigate legal proceedings in your experience?


Any help would be appreciated.




Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

A company does not necessarily have to be registered at companies house.


Unless it is a limited co.


So Mr X could be trading as ABC motor company. This does not require a registration as a company at Companies House.


However if Mr X was trading as ABC motor company LTD then he would have to be registered.


However, a LTD company is a entity in it's own right so if the company is LTD you would issue a claim against the Ltd company. If it is trading as then you would issue against Mr X trading as ABC motor company.

Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you heliosuk, that is very useful. We were quite worried about this, but your info has reassured us.


Just need to worry about all the rest of it now.:undecided:


Much Appreciated,



Share this post

Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...