I can't wait to go back to work

UK7
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I just wanted to say that being out of work sucks. I am currently out of work and signed off with something I hope to sort out soon.

Most nights my dreams are about previous experiences at work. I dream of putting on my shirt and tie and getting on that bus again at 8am. Fingers crossed. :smile:

Praying for all others in similar circumstances.

Guest amianne
I just wanted to say that being out of work sucks. I am currently out of work and signed off with something I hope to sort out soon.

Most nights my dreams are about previous experiences at work. I dream of putting on my shirt and tie and getting on that bus again at 8am. Fingers crossed. :smile:

I know of many that don't share your view!

Hope you get sorted soon. very soon

I know of many that don't share your view!

UK7 was not expressing a view he was expressing his feelings, which may I add many of the posters on here share........ how sad it is that you find it necessary to be so negative and nasty in your posts.

My dreams are sometimes about previous experiences at work but mine are nightmares about how I was treated led to dismissal on capability gounds as I was unable to cope.. (and the threat of tribunal yielded out of court settlement...so cannot go into any real detail...)....but I bear the scars......:sad:

I used to love my job until the Company I worked for was taken over and the ethos changed.....money first people second (and that was the customers as well as the staff..:|.I worked handling complaints so work out what may lie between the lines as you wish)...

When back in work anyone with chronic or recurring health issues can also subjected to "absence management" which is also prone to being a "big stick" rather than how I had believed it to be intended....a way to work together to ensure a member of staff can get back to work safely and healthily.........taking circumstances into consideration.....with little appreciation of how stressing someone who is ill is believed, by the medical profession, to be counterproductive.....

In fact there seem a lot of parallels in how the Govt ethos has changed too....:|....it is stirring all my anxieties and insecurities.....but I am workiing it through it......slowly but without really feeling that the system support this....words say one thing and actions another.:-(

We are all diffferent with experiences that inform how we feel and I for one was never afraid of work per se merely know that being asked to compromise my integrity makes me ill and I then end up in a lose/lose situation.

Sorry....feeling particularly rough today......

Good on anyone ready to face work because have had a good experience of it.....:-)

Thankyou, that is what I meant. Except that i know many (not on this site) that will do anything not to have to go to work or look for it believing that it is pointless with all of the unemployment around and secondly don't consider that coming home with only £20/£30 a week more after all expenses than they are getting in benefits, is worth the 35 hours a week effort.

I know a few that are in their early 30's that have never had a job but have relied on Incapcacity Benefit and associated other disability benfits yet I know that they are a lot fitter and able to work moreso than some that do work.

Maybe it is a case of its not what you say but the way that you say it.......?

I know a few that are in their early 30's that have never had a job but have relied on Incapcacity Benefit and associated other disability benfits yet I know that they are a lot fitter and able to work moreso than some that do work.

Some of us have really embarrassing medical conditions that we don't wish to talk about. Just because you can't see it, doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

Why not report them if you think they're lying?

I'll tell you something amianne, you want to stop making statements such as this without thinking first. I worked in a professional job for over 30 years and then something bad happened to me that made it impossible for me to work again. It left me with such a mental illness that I don't want to go to work again. And I don';t care about having that attitude either. You'd look at me and see someone fit and healthy and probably tar me with the same verbal brush you use on people on here.

But what you don;t know amianne is that if I were to be put in an employment situation again, or even be forced into a job centre again, I am likely to injure someone, and I mean seriously, because if I perceive a threat towards me (the key word is "perceive") I deal with it swiftly now that I have this condition. There are many people who do not work and there are many reasons for this. You cannot tar everyone with the same brush - you do not know the circumstances, the situations and they are not for you to comment on. You ought to be careful - I only hope to goodness you don't go out in public spouting off like this. If you do you're going to open that gob to the wrong person one day.

So, as well as rein in your fingers and tongue before you type, I suggest you also open your eyes. Because what you are posting in response to genuinely worried people's queries is a result of "brain 0 - gob 10".

I had a very bad day today chaps, I don't normally sound off like this - just something about this trolls post today made me see red. So she or he might as well cop it from me.

And yes, i do understand op's need to go back to work - it was all I wanted to begin with but then the condition set in. When it became obvious that I could not work again, that in itself took some coming to terms with as it was a shock at only 47! I hope the op makes a recovery and life turns out how they want it.

Slatted, PTSD? That's what I have! You really don't want it, its dreadful. One bloody great mountain to climb over and see what there is left when you reach the other side. I'm on the other side safely now, but a very different personality emerged!

I'll tell you something amianne, you want to stop making statements such as this without thinking first. I worked in a professional job for over 30 years and then something bad happened to me that made it impossible for me to work again. It left me with such a mental illness that I don't want to go to work again. And I don';t care about having that attitude either. You'd look at me and see someone fit and healthy and probably tar me with the same verbal brush you use on people on here.

But what you don;t know amianne is that if I were to be put in an employment situation again, or even be forced into a job centre again, I am likely to injure someone, and I mean seriously, because if I perceive a threat towards me (the key word is "perceive") I deal with it swiftly now that I have this condition. There are many people who do not work and there are many reasons for this. You cannot tar everyone with the same brush - you do not know the circumstances, the situations and they are not for you to comment on. You ought to be careful - I only hope to goodness you don't go out in public spouting off like this. If you do you're going to open that gob to the wrong person one day.

So, as well as rein in your fingers and tongue before you type, I suggest you also open your eyes. Because what you are posting in response to genuinely worried people's queries is a result of "brain 0 - gob 10".

I had a very bad day today chaps, I don't normally sound off like this - just something about this trolls post today made me see red. So she or he might as well cop it from me.

And yes, i do understand op's need to go back to work - it was all I wanted to begin with but then the condition set in. When it became obvious that I could not work again, that in itself took some coming to terms with as it was a shock at only 47! I hope the op makes a recovery and life turns out how they want it.

Well said :)

Glad to hear that you are the other side..sounds as if the terrain is still a bit rocky as the personality you refer to in your post eludes to this?

..I have had a few things to negotiate already in my life and have emotional mountain equipment for it (lol) but this came from left field.....I did not realise quite how deep my issues went until it seemed history may repeat and then out it popped....not sure if PTSD as do not want to trivialise what you and others have but certainly see some signs in me .....

I too am having a bad day today...as you may see from my posts around...maybe it is the heavy humid weather brings the worst out?

Guest amianne
Lord, is there anybody out there that you don't know?

Forgive me when I say I don't believe a word you come out with.

Fine, that is your opinion and belief. I know different.

Guest amianne

Good grief, all I have done is highlight people I know of about their situation. I have never accused anybody on here!

Is it so wrong for me to have a differing opinion and point that that some people may want to go back to work but there are others that see work as an inconvenience and a waste of time and energy?

Good grief, all I have done is highlight people I know of about their situation. I have never accused anybody on here!

Is it so wrong for me to have a differing opinion and point that that some people may want to go back to work but there are others that see work as an inconvenience and a waste of time and energy?

You imply a lot in what you say and how you say it....whether intentional or not.

Everyone has an opinion and is entitled to it but it seems to come across differently to the way you may intend? After all it is not just one or two who have reacted to you in this way on this site so maybe that is a hint as to communication style issues?

Have you ever tried to read back the things you have said in context and be objective? It may be eye opening....and also you do seem only to have examples of the "fiddles" and nothing encouraging so maybe that also comes across...?

Have you ever asked a trusted friend to read your posts also as I know I take feedback from my friends better.....:-)