• Tweets

• Hi FTMDave They initially requested £140 within 14 days. This has now gone to £182 after the initial debt collection firm took over (now back with CEL   The carpark had two options, pay-by-app and cash, we had n cash hence using the easier app. The app in the playstore has shocking reviews, im not the only one.   I wasnext going to get 'their hand' sent to me fromt he data controller, sending the following:   Dear Sir or Madam   Subject access request ( Data Protection Act 2018 / General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) )   Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law  relating to myself. - All photos taken - all letters/emails sent and received, including any appeal correspondence earlier - A PDT machine record from 23/11/2019  of payments - A record of online payments made using the Google Playstore APP that day - all data held, all evidence they will rely on, and - a full copy of the PCN, NTK - a list of all PCNs outstanding against me and/or this VRN, and I will remind here that any claim must be for all PCNs, not several separate claims.   If you need any more data from me to confirm my identity please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month. If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.   Yours faithfully    
    • You need to read some more and then some.......costs are restricted in Small Claims Track....have a read of the above thread...same scenario...and its getting close to a hearing now....squeaky bum time for them.
    • OK, we can help you.   A couple of questions first.  You blanked out the amount they are claiming.  Can you tell us?  I bet they have added Unicorn Food Tax to their claim.   Also, can you remember if this was pay-by-app-only car park, or if there were other payment methods?
    • ok if you don't get your from the court tomorrow there are blanks here to send   let see. no immediate rush.
    • Hi Andy,    Thank you very much for your response. I'm just afraid if I take this to a small claims court and I lose, then I would need to pay their legal fees?
  • Our picks

• Hi @BankFodder
      Sorry for only updating you now, but after your guidance with submitting the claim it was pretty straight forward and I didn't want to unnecessarily waste your time. Especially with this guide you wrote here, so many thanks for that
      So I issued the claim on day 15 and they requested more time to respond.
      They took until the last day to respond and denied the claim, unsurprisingly saying my contract was with Packlink and not with them.

I opted for mediation, and it played out very similarly to other people's experiences.

In the first call I outlined my case, and I referred to the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 as the reason to why I do in fact have a contract with them. 

In the second call the mediator came back with an offer of the full amount of the phone and postage £146.93, but not the court costs. I said I was not willing to accept this and the mediator came across as a bit irritated that I would not accept this and said I should be flexible. I insisted that the law was on my side and I was willing to take them to court. The mediator went back to Hermes with what I said.

In the third call the mediator said that they would offer the full amount. However, he said that Hermes still thought that I should have taken the case against Packlink instead, and that they would try to recover the court costs themselves from Packlink.

To be fair to them, if Packlink wasn't based in Spain I would've made the claim against them instead. But since they are overseas and the law lets me take action against Hermes directly, it's the best way of trying to recover the money.

So this is a great win. Thank you so much for your help and all of the resources available on this site. It has helped me so much especially as someone who does not know anything about making money claims.

Many thanks, stay safe and have a good Christmas!

• Thanks
    • Hermes and mediation hints. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428981-hermes-and-mediation-hints/&do=findComment&comment=5080003
      • 1 reply
    • Natwest Bank Transfer Fraud Call HMRC Please help. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/428951-natwest-bank-transfer-fraud-call-hmrc-please-help/&do=findComment&comment=5079786
      • 31 replies
    • Hermes lost parcel.. Read more at https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/422615-hermes-lost-parcel/
      • 49 replies

Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 3131 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I was offered my PPI refund of £371 in August 2011.:-x

However, after a million phone calls, involving the FOS

- who told me they too are in a queue waiting for a response from Lloyds

- a letter from me complaining about the dissatisifaction at the way they have handled the pay out,

I am still left with no refund 10 months later.

This is not a large amount is it?????

I even got a really nice woman from my local Loyds TSB branch to try and help me

- she too hit a brick wall.

They lied to her and said they sent me a cheque out last October.

I asked how they could even begin to say this when it is clear from the amount of contact I have had with them that this is not the case.

Thoroughly frustrated and now angry - any thoughts on what I can do???

Grateful thanks in advance:-D

If you have your offer in writing and have not been paid then you may like to consider issuing in court. This would involve sending a 14 day Letter Before Action to the registered office and then issuing if they o not pay.

You should also ensure that they pay you extra interest right up to now.

If I have helped you please leave me a message by clicking my star

1. Single Premium PPI Q&A Read Here

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

3. Reclaim Loan & Credit Card Charges Read Here

4. The CAG Interest Tutorial

Read Here

5. Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors?

Read Here

6. Staying Calm About Debt

Read Here

7. Thinking of a Full & Final Settlement?

Read Here

How To Upload Documents To Cag

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Many thanks ims 21 - appreciated.:-D

Does anybody have an e-mail address for:

Lloyds TSB

Compliance Dept.

Mountbatten House

Military Road

Chatham

ME4 4JF

Tel: 01634 834 207

Also try: 01634 829 222

If you are talking about the LBA it should go recorded to the Registered Office

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I DON'T GIVE ADVICE BY PM BUT IF YOU SEND ME A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER HELP THERE

Private message facilities are offered for users to communicate issues that are perhaps inappropriate for posting on the main forum. Site rules explain this in more detail.

If you receive a private message which you consider abusive, derogatory or otherwise inappropriate, whether it be about yourself or other members, please report it using the "report" icon

If you are approached (or have been approached) by private message with an offer of help "Off Forum" or with a view to asking you to visit another website, please inform the site team via the report icon, especially if this results in a request for a fee. Remember, this is for your own protection

my views are my own and are given in good faith to try and help people. Please seek professional advice on your case if necessary

whats the claim about?

CC

loan

bank acount?

that seems a very small figure?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

As dx says, it does seem a low figure.

Have you calculated how much you should be getting back including 8% interest right up to date?

Have you got your loan agreement and the dates of all repayments you have made thus far?

There isn't a template for an LBA on this.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Not really a wizz with the fine tunings of it but my loan was for 3 years due to finish in July 2012. I paid £18 per month PPI but I cancelled it in March 2011, so only pay loan payments back now minus the PPI. Therefore, they offered me £371 in August 2011 which equates to what I had paid in PPI prior to cancelling it.

I do not know how to calculate it and then add the 8% so am not sure what the final refund will be. All my payments have been on direct debit.

I was not sure if I used the £371 offered in August and then for each month they failed to refund kept adding 8% to this. I did it this was and got a crazy figure of over £900 - surely this can't be right??

If it were me I'd be wanting to know exactly what I should be getting back.

Have you got the agreement (or all the figures from it) and the dates that you made your repayments?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

The loan was for £2750 - taken out on 31.08.09 - the final payment is on 16.07.12

The total of the loan with interest will be £3805.56.

I have just rang Lloyds and they said that I had a separate PPI payment of £18.74 per month. This was also paid on direct debit but was separate to the loan payment direct debit. They said that as this was the case and the PPI was not attached to my loan then I would simply get back the £371 they offered in August 2011.

They also said that what is stated in my offer letter that I should add 8% is not true and that they do not need to recalculate any refund from their offer in August 2011 to present date.

I have to say I am totally totally confused. I cannot speak to anybody about it as the PPI Helpline are useless and different operatives tell you and promise you something different each time in terms of when to expect your money back. I have been told so many times that I will receive a fresh recalculated offer which has never happened.

I have today written to Lloyds TSB Compliance Department and e-mailed the FOS for an update as they took on my complaint in April 2012 but even they cannot get a response for 3 months as they too are in the queue.

Again it is not a great amount but it has become a matter of principle!!!!!

What now.

Ok so it was a premium being paid separately from your loan.

They should pay you 8% right up until the date the settle.

Use this spreadsheet....list the payments you have actually made giving the date, a description and the amount. It will work out what you are due.

StatIntSheet v101.xls

When you have done that, let us know the figures that the spreadsheet comes up with.

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

hey good guess dx!!

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

hey good guess dx!!

dx

:lol:

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Have you got Excel?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

£18.74 being paid on the 16th of the month from 16/8/09 to 16/2/11 inclusive gives the following

Premium Payments £356.06

8% Interest on those payments to 26/6/12 £60.39

Total due to you £416.45

and rising for each day they delay payment

• Confused 1

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

So rising each day they delay payment - does that mean each day from date of offer letter in August 2011??? Or am I being extremely optimistic and delerious now:lol:

You get 8% simple interest on each ppi payment made running from the date of payment right up to the date they settle.

Go and grab yourself a copy of OpenOffice from here

http://www.openoffice.org/

Its free and is pretty much as good as Microsoft Office.

You will then be able to open the spreadsheet.

I assume you are using Windows?

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

YesI am using Windows but will wait for my Son to explain your directions as ot sure what I am doing!!!!

The offer was for £391 not £371 as I have been saying!!! They offered this with a simple 8% interest attached to it.

I am really sorry but I am still not getting the final figure to expect. Do you mean that on top of the offer of £391 I should expect 8% per month on the rolling figure:

£391 + 8% = £391 + £31.28 = £422.28 for August

£422.28 + 8% = £422.28 + £33.76 = £456.04 for September etc. etc.

Or have I got it badly wrong?????

£18.74 paid on 18/8/2009 is 1045 days ago (at the time of writing)

You get 8% simple on that from the date of payment to the date of settlement.

8% of £18.74 is £1.50 for a year. £1.50 / 365 x 1045 = £4.30 interest on that payment from the date it was paid to now.

The same applies to each payment of £18.71

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

I have got it badly wrong - just realised what I was doing in the maths department!!!! Getting carried away I think!!!!

Anyway, at least I have got some idea of what I am owed. The rising each day they fail to pay still confusing me but think I have drove you crazy enough for one night!!!!

Thanks again Ims21for your invaluable support.

If I eventually do get paid out I will let the forum know.

Good luck to everybody out there in the same boat as me:wink:

It rises each day because the longer they take to settle the more interest is added.

Think of it that if you put £100 into a savings account you would get more interest if you left it in there for 18 months than if you left it in there for a year.

:-)

2. Reclaim mis-sold PPI

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Read Here

Instructions

:-)Wow now you have blown my mind totally:???:

Thanks for all your patience Ims21 - still not getting it fully but appreciate your responses all the same and will wait for the refund landing in my bank account.