12 Bad Credit Accounts

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4292 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If the debts are close to being SB. Wait for them to drop off...

Chances are with your CRA file in a mess with 12 bad debts, few cimpanys would give you new credit anyway.

You could try applying for a Vanquis or Capital one card or a JD WIlliams catalogue as a credit rebuilding option.

They might not accept, and the new credit search may leave a Mark on your CRA files.

Personally, I'd wait until these old debts are SB and then try for one of the above options I've suggested!

Regards

BM

It never rains but it pours...

Mmmm. Personally, I'd get a copy of your CRA files and see what dates show on them.

Contacting the individual company's may remind them that the debts are close to being SB and have them chasing you again.

I'm in no way encouraging debt avoidance btw. Just, if they're close to being SB and they haven't bothered you for almost 6 years... I'd let sleeping dog lie

When you say they haven't bothered me... I have been receiving letters just too scared to open them or do anything about them thinking they would disappear now I'm older its starting to dawn on me what I done when I was younger and how its affecting me now :-(. What is CRA? Credit File?

CRA file. Your credit reports. Experian, equifax and call credit are the three main ones. Definitely worth having a look at these. There's also a new one - Noddle, I think it's run by call credit and I believe it's free for life.

As long as you haven't acknowledged the debts or made payment on them in the last 6 years (5 years in Scotland) then they are close to being statute barred.

Checking your credit reports will show you the dates!

noddle is free see below

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...