BankFodder BankFodder

Bang!

Samsung fridge freezer - fridge not cooling.

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 2792 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

I went through for a drink there, and the temperature display for the fridge is showing 14C, although the freezer is still fine.

Its one of these big side by side things, frost free and made by Samsung, with a drinks dispenser (at a push big enough for 3 bodies! :-).

I am in Glasgow just now, but will be away from tomorrow afternoon, then back again about the weekend or perhaps a bit earlier.

There is close to little food in either side as there is a take-away within a five minute walk, so I can just kill what's in it and unplug it.

Can anyone recommend someone for repairing Sumsung FFs in Glasgow (preferably who can be very specific about the time they will arrive)?

Not good so far - called a few places after the guy who repairs electricals in Glasgow for me said he could not do it. All others I called said the same too.

Bump (and now leaving tomorrow morning - so after the weekend for a repair).

Hi

This is a common problem with the Samsung side by side fridge and can be fixed by yourself.

It is usually the thermo fuse that causes the problems which can be bought off eBay.

There are guides on eBay on how to test all of the components with a multi meter,just do a search for rs21.

Hope this helps

Bigboj

I went through for a drink there, and the temperature display for the fridge is showing 14C, although the freezer is still fine.

Its one of these big side by side things, frost free and made by Samsung, with a drinks dispenser (at a push big enough for 3 bodies! :-).

I am in Glasgow just now, but will be away from tomorrow afternoon, then back again about the weekend or perhaps a bit earlier.

There is close to little food in either side as there is a take-away within a five minute walk, so I can just kill what's in it and unplug it.

Can anyone recommend someone for repairing Sumsung FFs in Glasgow (preferably who can be very specific about the time they will arrive)?

I have one of these machines which has been repaired repeatedly by Samsung but keeps on breaking down. They use a sub-contractor (G max) who replaces all the working parts, fan, temp sensor etc., The last repair lasted 4 weeks. You can access a video of how to DIY it on youtube as it's a common problem. I'm told the parts are available on e-bay, at a cost of about £70., though I think you're putting good money after bad.......