• Tweets

• they cant 'take away' anything, what ever makes you believe that?  dx  
    • The text on the N1SDT Claim Form 1.The claim is for breaching the terms and conditions set on private land. 2. The defendant's vehicle, NumberPlate, was identified in the Leeds Bradford Airport Roadways on the 28/07/2023 in breach of the advertised terms and conditions; namely Stopping in a zone where stopping is prohibited 3.At all material times the Defendant was the registered keeper and/or driver. 4. The terms and conditions upon  entering private land were clearly displayed at the entrance and in prominent locations 5. The sign was the offer and the act of entering private land was the acceptance of the offer hereby entering into a contract by conduct. 6.The signs specifically detail the terms and conditions and the consequences of failure to comply,  namely a parking charge notice will be issued, and the Defendant has failed to settle the outstanding liability. 7.The claimant seeks the recovery of the parking charge notice, contractual costs and interest.   This is what I am thinking of for the wording of my defence The Defendant contends that the particulars of claim are vague and are generic in nature which fails to comply with CPR 16.4. The Defendant accordingly sets out its case below and relies on CPR r 16.5 (3) in relation to any particular allegation to which a specific response has not been made. 1. Paragraph 1 is denied. It is denied that the Defendant ever entered into a contract to breach any terms and conditions of the stated private land. 2. Paragraph 2 and 4 are denied. As held by the Upper Tax Tribunal in Vehicle Control Services Limited v HMRC [2012] UKUT 129 (TCC), any contract requires offer and acceptance. The Claimant was only contracted to provide car park management services and is not capable of entering into a contract with the Defendant on its own account, as the car park is owned by and the terms of entry set by the landowner. 3. It is admitted that Defendant is the recorded keeper of the vehicle. 4.  Paragraph 6 is denied the claimant has yet to evidence that their contract with the landowner supersedes  Leeds Bradford airport byelaws. Further it is denied that the Claimant’s signage is capable of creating a legally binding contract. 5. Paragraph 7 is denied, there are no contractual costs and interest cannot be accrued on a speculative charge.   I'm not sure whether point 4 is correct as I think this side road is not covered by byelaws? Any other suggestions/corrections would be appreciated.
    • Dear EVRi parcelnet LTD t/a evri   evri parcelnet isnt a thing also you say defendant's response which is a bit of a weird format.   Something like   Dear EVRi, Claim no xxxx In your defence you said you could not access tracking. Please see attached receipt and label Regards
    • Welcome to the Forum I have moved your topic to the appropriate forum  Residential and Commercial lettings/Freehold issues Please continue to post here.   Andy
    • Please provide advice on the following situation: I rented out my property to four students for 16 months until March 2024. Initially, the property was in very good condition, but now it needs extensive renovation. This includes redoing the bathroom, replacing the kitchen, removing wallpaper, and redecorating due to significant mould growth. The tenants also left their furniture on the grass, which is owned by the local authority. As a landlord, I've met all legal requirements. It seems the damage was caused by poor ventilation—windows were always closed, and heating wasn't used. There was also a bathroom leak fixed by reapplying silicone. I tried to claim insurance, but it was denied, citing tenant behaviour as the cause by looking at the photos, which isn't covered. The deposit barely covers the repair costs, or else I'll have to pursue money claims, which I've never done before and am unsure about its legal complications or costs. Any thoughts on this?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 160 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

SD from Lowells via Hampton Legal for CAP1 card debt - HELP!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi CAG

Have been dipping in and out of the forums for a while now,

but first post(s) today,so apologies if I have strayed to wrong area(s) or am a bit long winded.

Quick background,

had heart attack 2006,

affected my finances as self employed,

in particular Capitol One credit card.

Think I had PPI but no good to me as self employed.

Sorry to say lapsed payments some time after then

was told I had end stage renal failure, leading to dialysis and luckily for me a kidney transplant last year.

Havent worked since Dec 2007/Jan 2008 and only entitled to Disability Living Allowance which hasnt really allowed me to pay anything off the debt.

Had phone calls from Lowells on and off but ususally hung up as they asked for the wrong name.

A week ago a "debt collector" called at the door and asked my wife if he could speak to me but I was ill in bed.

He didnt say who he was but mentioned Capitol One.

He came back next day and asked my daughter the same,but got the same reply.

Today I recieved a plain brown hand delivered envelope addressed to myself from Hamptons Legal with a Statutory Demand letter

for a debt to Lowells (via Capital One) of £1902.19.

It went on to say that if I did not respond they would present a Bankruptcy petition against me.

They ended by writing"....

.to avoid bankruptcy, we WILL accept a realistic offer from you, be it a monthly repayment plan or an offer for full and final settlement"

they requested I call them on XXXXXXXXXXXX . signed Stephen Hunter,

Head of Legal Compliance.

I have to reply within 18 days

I have been trawling through the CAG forums today and have read of CCA's, SAR's and got my credit file through Noddle(Thanks CAG members!)

Apparently, I defaulted Nov 2009, the time the debt was "bought" by Lowells.

After all that my head is in a bit of a spin and with the 18 day cut off , I could really do with some advice.

Thanks to anybody who takes the time to read this

PS have small amount of money coming through in August

so may be able to offer something in F and F settlement?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You are in a severe medical state and are on benefits. I wouldnt worry. Theres nothing these **** can do to you. Even if they tried to take it to court, a judge would take one look at your situation and say "£1 a month", or if theres no possibility of you working for a very long time to pay off the debt, then he/she could wipe the debt completely.

Quick question, did you tell the creditor about your condition and there is no possibility of you working yet to pay off the debt?

You also MUST report that letter in the brown envelope. They are not allowed to blackmail you like that. However, they said they will accept a repayment plan. So send them a written letter, or email back and say they are getting 50p-£1 a month. Non negotiable.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

can you scan up the letter please

if they are offering a 'discount'

in the same breath as a statutory Demand

something smells.

either you owe ALL the debt or you DON'T!!

bet the PPI reclaim

and

a reclaim of aLL the unlawful £12 PENALTY charges will wipe the debt!!

how old is the card account?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture[jpg] file

don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

or

convert existing PC files to PDF [office has an installable print to PDF option]

'

BUT......

ENSURE: remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint program

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

it would be better to upload a multipage pdf if

you have many images too rather than many single pdfs

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

You are in a severe medical state and are on benefits. I wouldnt worry. Theres nothing these **** can do to you. Even if they tried to take it to court, a judge would take one look at your situation and say "£1 a month", or if theres no possibility of you working for a very long time to pay off the debt, then he/she could wipe the debt completely.

Quick question, did you tell the creditor about your condition and there is no possibility of you working yet to pay off the debt?

You also MUST report that letter in the brown envelope. They are not allowed to blackmail you like that. However, they said they will accept a repayment plan. So send them a written letter, or email back and say they are getting 50p-£1 a month. Non negotiable.

That SD was for once properly served by post!

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

That SD was for once properly served by post!

haha yea. Pity they get one thing right yet everything else wrong.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Others will help you with the Stat Demand itself. However, have you made attempts to reclaim the PPI?

If you were self employed then it was a useless product.

Do you have all your statements? If so, then you can start the reclaim process - all the information you need to do this is in the links in dx100uk's signature.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As it stands you really must get this set aside, as you will see on these forums, Lowells do take these to petition stage. It certainly helps that you have some potential missold PPI...applying to set aside a stat demand does not cost anything in itself.

To start with you need to send a CCA request to Lowells, this will cost you £1, make sure you send recorded delivery, A SAR is also a very wise move, as you have to be seen to be making every effort to get information, unfortunately with these being the insolvency rules and not civil rules you cannot apply any of the pre trial disclosure, only when you are in front of the judge can you request an 'unless' order.

You will need forms 6.4 (set aside) and 6.5 (witness statement) which you will need to get in to the closest court to you (it should be named on the demand) within 18 days of the receipt of the demand.

Are you well enough to go to court and kick Lowells into touch ?

Also can you remember when you last made any actual payment to this account ? any chance it may be at least 6 years ?

You can find the links to CCA requests and SAR's in my signature, this is where you can find forms 6.4 and 6.5 - http://www.bis.gov.uk/insolvency/About-us/forms/england-and-wales

There is some information on how to fill out form 6.4 here - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?162489#post1749288

You will find a lot of threads on here which are about Lowells and stat demands, please do have a good read through, if you need help filling out the witness statement please shout. As for your costs they do not have to be in court until at least 24 hours before the hearing.

• Confused 1

Thanks for getting back so quick. Have not told told the creditor about my medical history as did not realise the relevance.

I probably would not be the first choice for an employer though.Forgive my ignorance,but why and to whom do i report the letter in the brown envelope?

Is there a template letter I could send ref repayment plan?

Thanks again

Thanks dx, will try and get this done today but a little ignorant in all things technological.

I think the account was started 2004 and I THINK last payments were Nov /Dec 2006 but do not have any documents to support this.

It looks to me as though this debt could be nearly statute barred and this is why they have issued a Stat Demand

It would be really helpful if you could establish the accuracy of the last payment. If it were a few month earlier for instance (prior to to the issue of the stat demand) .

You should be able to get the demand set aside on the basis that the amount claimed is inaccurate due to the mis sold PPI. However, as you dont have any statements, then you will need those to calculate how much refund you would be entitled to.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks for all the information 42man

I will get the CCa and SAR done asap,and I am currently well enough to go to court.

Think last payment was Nov/Dec 2006 ish so probably not statute barred,and cant find any paperwork...

I may be stupid for thinking this,and please feel free to correct me....but should I enter into dialogue with hamptons ref paying the debt through a full and final settlement at some point?

Why should they go through a full and final settlement when they have already gone to the trouble of serving a stat demand ? Lowells show no mercy as you can see from the huge number of threads on these forums. You will also see a number of threads on here where they roll up statute barred debts in to a stat demand, and you will see how they have on several occasions attempted to say that a mystery payment has been paid to avoid a debt becoming statute barred. It is up to you, however when you go to court and kick them into touch you will probably have no more than a few months before it becomes statute barred, if you get into dialogue with them now, then you will have to wait another 6 years.....If you read through the many Lowells threads on here you will understand what I mean.

The fact that they are offering discounts and payment plans despite issuing a statutory demand shows they are attempting to abuse the insolvency service as well as their own associations code of conduct. If there is any kind of a sniff of a triable issue (which you clearly have) then a judge usually dismisses it. And I can tell you this that once you submit your application to set aside, they won't back down.....(or don't usually). That is when you hit them in the pocket with a costs order.

42man

Credit card c£1900 started 2004 stopped payiments ApproxDec2006(I think)

I dont know how that is made up i.e. if it includes penalty charges etc

What other particulars would you need?

It should have a section called 'particulars of debt/claim' where it says The Claimant is claiming etc etc under an assignment etc etc amount dates......if you could type it up (without the amounts / dates ) then that would be great....

The claim of the creditor is for payment of£xxxx.xx being the balance of monies due against a credit account made between the debtor and Capial One Bank(Europe) PLC in respest of a credit card under account number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, such agreement being regulated under the Consumer credit Act 1974.

The rights and benefits of the said account were duly assigned from Capital One Bank(Europe)PLC to the creditor by way of a debt sale agreement dated 01/10/09 and notice of assinment having beeen served upon the debtor by the creditor on 08/10/09 in accordance with the provisions of section 136 of the law property act 1925.

The balance of the debt at the date of this demand remains outstanding and due for payment by the debtor in the amount of £xxxx.xx despite previous written and verbal requests for payment being made by the creditor to the debtor

in which case your form 6.5 will say.

The defendant disputes the alleged account.

The defendant believes that the claimants use of a statutory demand is trite law and merely a tactic to frighten the defendant into paying and thereby frivolous, malicious and a gross abuse of the process. I believe the claimant will not turn up to court to defend this demand and it is the defendants contention that use of the insolvency laws as a debt collectionlink3.gif tool is an abuse of the Insolvency Rules.

The claimant has failed to provide a copy of the agreement despite a legal request made under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (attachment 1 (will be your CCA request))

SECTION 78 (1) CONSUMER CREDIT ACT 1974

(1) The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a) the state of the account, and

(b) the amount, if any, currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

© the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

The Consumer Credit Act in section 78(6) States that

(6) If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a) he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

For the avoidance of doubt the 2006 Consumer Credit Act does not change the above legislation……

The Consumer Credit Act 2006 (Commencement No. 2 and Transitional Provisions and Savings) Order 2007 (No. 123 (C. 6))

Citation

1. This Order may be cited as the Consumer Credit Act 2006 (Commencement No.2 and Transitional Provisions) Order 2007.

Interpretation

2. In this Order “the 2006 Act” means the Consumer Credit Act 2006.

Commencement

3. — (1) The provisions of the 2006 Act specified in Schedule 1 shall come into force on 31st January 2007.

(2) The provisions of the 2006 Act specified in Schedule 2 shall come into force on 6th April 2007.

Transitional Provisions

4. Subject to article 5, section 1 of the 2006 Act shall have no effect for the purposes of the 1974 Act, in relation to agreements made before 6th April 2007.

5. Section 1 of the 2006 Act shall have effect for the purposes of the definitions of “debtor” and “hirer” in section 189(1) of the 1974 Act wherever those expressions are used in—

(a)

sections 77A, 78(4A), 86A, 86B, 86C, 86D, 86E, 86F, 129(1)(ba) 129A, 130A and 187A of the 1974 Act;

(b)

section 143(b) of the 1974 Act in respect of an application under section 129(1)(ba) of that Act; and

©

section 185(2) to (2C) of the 1974 Act insofar as it relates to a dispensing notice from a debtor authorising a creditor not to comply in the debtor's case with section 77A of that Act,

in relation to agreements made before 6 April 2007.

REFERENCE TO CASE LAW

1. As the creditor has not provided the credit agreement Wilson v First County Trust Ltd [2003] UKHL 40 states that:
    ‘….the effect of the failure to comply with the requirements of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983 was that the entire agreement ………….. was unenforceable. The statutory bar on its enforcement extended to First County Trusts's right to recover the total sum payable on redemption, which included the principal as well as interest[.’

SUMMARY OF WILSON v FIRST COUNTY TRUST LTD (2003) UKHL 40

THE WILSON CASE MADE IT CLEAR THAT IN THE EVENT OF NO ACCEPTABLE CONSUMER CREDIT AGREEMENT THEN THE CREDITOR COULD NOT RECOVER MONIES OWED UNDER ORDINARY CONTRACT LAW REGARDLESS OF WHETHER THEY COULD PROVE THE DEBT EXISTED OR NOT – THIS WAS THE DECISION OF THE HOUSE OF LORDS AND SHOULD THEREFORE BE BINDING IN THIS COURT

The claimant has failed to provide any copies of any valid default notices as required under the Consumer Credit Act.

The claimant has failed to provide any deeds or notices of assignment.

The claimant has failed to provide any default notice as required under the Consumer Credit Act.

DEFAULT NOTICE

The Need for a Default notice

• Notwithstanding the above, it is also drawn to the courts attention that no default notice required by s87 (1) Consumer Credit act 1974 has been provided

• It is denied that any Default Notice in the prescribed format was ever received and the Defendant puts the Claimant to strict proof that said document in the prescribed format was delivered to the defendant

• Notwithstanding the above points, I put the claimant to strict proof that any default notice sent to me was valid. I note that to be valid, a default notice needs to be accurate in terms of both the scope and nature of breach and include an accurate figure required to remedy any such breach. The prescribed format for such document is laid down in Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1561) and amendment regulations the Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) (Amendment) Regulations 2004 (SI 2004/3237)

• Service of a default notice is a statutory requirement as laid out in sections 87,88 and 89 Consumer Credit Act 1974. Section 87 makes it clear that a default notice must be served before a creditor can seek to terminate the agreement or demand repayment of sums due to a breach of the agreement. therefore without a valid default notice, I suggest the claimants case falls flat and cannot proceed and to do so is clearly contrary to the Consumer Credit Act 1974

• Failure of a default notice to be accurate not only invalidates the default notice (Woodchester Lease Management Services Ltd v Swain and Co - [2001] GCCR 2255) but is a unlawful rescission of contract which would not only prevent the court enforcing any alleged debt, but give me a counter claim for damages Kpohraror v Woolwich Building Society [1996] 4 All ER 119

The claimant has failed to provide any statements for the duration of the agreement including any excessive charges

The claimant has failed to provide any details of any potentially missoldlink3.gif insurance that may have been added to the agreement.

The defendant avers that some debts are made up entirely of charges and / or potentially missold personal protection insurance.

It is averred that the Claimant has failed to serve a Notice of Assignment in accordance with section 136(1), of the Law of Property Act 1925, in respect of the alleged debt. The amount detailed in the Claimant’s claim, which is likely to include penalty charges, which are unlawful at Common Law, Dunlop Pneumatic Tyre Company Ltd v New Garage and Motor Company Ltd [1915], under The Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977 and The Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1999. Accordingly, the inclusion of penalty charges in the purported Notice of Assignment renders it entirely legally unenforceable. The Claimant has failed to comply with section 136(1) of the Law of Property Act 1925, by furnishing a Notice of Assignment in respect of that which is denied, that is inaccurate, W.F.Harrison and Co Ltd v Burke [1956].

The defendant also wishes to make known the statutes in the Consumer Protection From Unfair Trading Regualtions 2008, and believes that the alleged creditor is in breach of statute

Offences relating to unfair commercial practices9. A trader is guilty of an offence if he engages in a commercial practice which is a misleading action under regulation 5 otherwise than by reason of the commercial practice satisfying the condition in regulation 5(3)(b).

Which clearly state...

Misleading actions

5.—(1) A commercial practice is a misleading action if it satisfies the conditions in either paragraph (2) or paragraph (3).

(3) A commercial practice satisfies the conditions of this paragraph if—

(b)it concerns any failure by a trader to comply with a commitment contained in a code of conduct which the trader has undertaken to comply with, if—

(i)the trader indicates in a commercial practice that he is bound by that code of conduct,

Interpretation2.—(1) In these Regulations—“average consumer” shall be construed in accordance with paragraphs (2) to (6);“business” includes a trade, craft or profession;“code of conduct” means an agreement or set of rules (which is not imposed by legal or administrative requirements), which defines the behaviour of traders who undertake to be bound by it in relation to one or more commercial practices or business sectors;“code owner” means a trader or a body responsible for—(a)the formulation and revision of a code of conduct; or(b)monitoring compliance with the code by those who have undertaken to be bound by it;

“trader” means any person who in relation to a commercial practice is acting for purposes relating to his business, and anyone acting in the name of or on behalf of a trade

The defendant refers to the code of conduct stated by the Credit Service Association of which Lowells are a member -

The code of conduct clearly states

q) Where a debt or the sum owed is disputed, as

soon as is practicable, supply information to the

debtor in support of the claim. Where no

information has been supplied by the creditor,

obtain the required support, or failing that cease

collection action.

b) Adhere to all relevant requirements under the

Consumer Credit Act 2006 and any other

relevant legislation.

a) Conduct its business lawfully, comply with

all relevant UK legislation, regulation

and judicial decisions and trade fairly and

responsibly.

c)

Comply with this Code of Practice and

follow any guidance notes issued by the

Board of the Association

Comply with

debt collectionlink3.gif Guidance as

Published by the Office of Fair Trading

In light of the above evidence, the defendant gracefully requests the Judge orders the claimant to pay my full costs + compensation (either in the standard or in the indemnity) in light of the distress and upset this has caused myself and my family in support of this I quote –

Hammonds (a firm) v Pro-Fit USA Ltd [2007] EWHC 1998 (Ch)

So far as disputed debts are concerned, the practice of the court is not to allow the insolvency regime to be used as a method of debt collectionwhere there is a bona fide and substantial dispute as to the debt. Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner). Save in exceptional cases, the court will dismiss a petition based on such a debt (usually with an indemnity costs order against the petitioner).

I believe the facts herewith in this form are true.

Edited by 42man

You'll need to read this, try and understand it, tidy it up and number it, the latter part (CPUTR2008) only applies to actions I think the OFT can take, however it would be nice to show the judge what a horrible bunch of weasels they are....

Do you have ANY statements at all? If so, then it will itemise the Payment Protection Insurance premium.

BCOBS