Car Door Advert sticker *** Won ***

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We bought some of the magnetic door advert signs and they have left a mottled white square on the door.

The firm were initially unhelpful and gave this advice

We have received your request for assistance and we are sorry for the inconvenience.

We have thoroughly tested the magnets and have included the Care and Maintenance instruction along with them as well as on our website. Unfortunately, the problem that you are describing is a

condition that arises for one of the following reasons, which are explained on the instructions:

i. The car door magnet being left on the car for too long, causing condensation to build up behind the magnet during that time between the magnet and the car door, or

ii. The car door magnet being put onto the car too soon after a paint, clear coat or wax job, where the paint, clear coat or wax wasn’t completely cured (instructions explain 90 days for paint, 60 days for clear coat, 2 days for wax)

iii. This condition will disappear over the next 3-4 weeks as the area dries out. In the interim, we are not responsible for this condition occurring, as it does not occur when the product is used according to the terms and conditions provided both on our website and with the product.

We challenged this and they next asked us to send them a photo of the damage.

Now they are asking us to send it to USA address (they never gave as email) real fob - off it seems...

I have mentioned OFT and further advice if they don't pull their finger out.

Any other organisations I can use herein?

95 Hayden Ave

Lexington

MA

United States

I would never trust a US website, they don't come under any UK regulations. This could cost you in postage etc and get nothing back in return.

Personally I would do a chargeback with your bank who supplied the credit/debit card you used.

Personally I would do a chargeback with your bank who supplied the credit/debit card you used

Not too sure what you mean but if I take money back will they not try and do me back, i.e. sue me?

Edited by questioner

Won't it T-cut out?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

Mmm, looks like an adhesive residue to me. How old is the car... is it likely to be lacquered?

Please Note

The advice I offer will be based on the information given by the person needing it. All my advice is based on my experiences and knowledge gained in working in the motor and passenger transport industries in various capacities. Although my advice will always be sincere, it should be used as guidence only.

I would always urge to seek face to face professional advice for clarification prior to taking any action.

Please click my reputation 'star' button at the bottom of my profile window on the left if you found my advice useful.

No it's not adhesive. It 'only' appeared after the magnetic signs were used.

No not going to be lacquered either.

So it's a fairly old car then? Most modern cars (if not all) are lacquered to protect the paint work. Personally I would try T-Cut rather than embroil in what could be a complicated and drawn out legal battle.

Please Note

Yes it is S reg

I would do as I suggest in post #12 then. I doub't very much if you would succeed in a potential legal case. Had it been a relatively new car, then that may of been different.

Please Note

Not being any form of expert!

But it looks to me like the the magnetic sticker has been sitting in direct sunlight and the heat has damaged the laquer

T-cut won't fix it i had an old Merc with damaged laquer nothing you can do IMHO its either a respray or get another door jobby!

Not being any form of expert!

But it looks to me like the the magnetic sticker has been sitting in direct sunlight and the heat has damaged the laquer

T-cut won't fix it i had an old Merc with damaged laquer nothing you can do IMHO its either a respray or get another door jobby!

Reckon this is more like it...as the same that was damaged was in fact the side that the sun touches most.

But I wish the firm would have told us this before the damage was done.

I think it is wrong that other folks may be suffering the same too unknowingly...

I would like to see a call for others who have had this problem.

Agree.Looks like heat bloom; sign in hot sun heated moisture beneath it and has damaged soft surface of paint. Respray methinks.

Get a body shop to look at it and get their views and what can be done, they have some good techniques these days.

Probably quicker and cheaper than court, which you may loose.

Our car chap just agreed with us that it would have been the heat and sign doing this. Not worth spending much on it though as the car aint worth much .

No response from the firm either again so....

Looks like they can get away with this then without challenge.

Is the OFT the place to moan to about this then?

Edited by questioner

Agree.Looks like heat bloom; sign in hot sun heated moisture beneath it and has damaged soft surface of paint. Respray methinks.

Get a body shop to look at it and get their views and what can be done, they have some good techniques these days.

Probably quicker and cheaper than court, which you may loose.

Agree, quicker to go to the body shop.

• 5 months later...

Blimey, That took long enough! Is the value of the cheque sufficient?

Please Note