Hastings - No claims reduced to zero

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Please can someone help me with this problem.

I signed up for Hastings car insurance and sent my "no claims" doc's from my previous insurer to them.

I have now received a letter stating that my no claims has been reduced to zero because of no proof. So the are charging an additional amount of £446.07. They have said the are collecting this from my account within 7-10 days. The letter is dated 1st June 2012. I arrived home on saturday because I work away on contract, and only go home every 3-4 weeks. I have sent the documents again by email on saturday. I can't get over the amount they are after.

Is there anything I can do? Do I cancel my insurance? or get do I get legal advise?

Regards

William.

Hi William, Thanks very much for taking the time to post about your experience, I am sorry to hear you are having problems with our service. I would like to offer my assistance to get this matter resolved. Could you please send me an email with some of your policy details I will make sure that the issue gets investigated. [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie Wicks

William please update this thread when you get things sorted.

Thanks.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

give the man a chance....

less than 1 week...

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi Jamie, I received a email from one of your colleagues stating that they could not get confirmation from my previous insurer (the AA), and I need to ring them to authorise that Hastings can have the information. I rang the AA and they have said that nobody has accessed my account or tried getting the info because it gets logged on their computers. They where slightly surprised that this information wasn't given to Hastings as this is standard practice. Anyway, I've ask for a letter confirming my No Claims Bonus, and it should be with me in about 5 working days, then I'll forward it to Hastings. Yours William.